Olympic 2016 : News & Discussion

The olympics should either only be held in a few places or not at all.

No reason to have the olympics in these countries that can't even sort themselves out.

US, Europe, Russia, Canada, Australia.

Is there any need to have the olympics anywhere else?

Historic Display(?)

Tonight's men's soccer match between host nation Brazil and politically-troubled Iraq represents a sort of Louis-Schmeling matchup to complement the recent stories surrounding ISIS.

brazil.jpg iraq.jpg

The problem with NBC: There's all these events going. At 7:30 primetime, there is only one of their affiliates showing anything; and it's double diving. They should commit. Be showing stuff 24 hours, even if some of it is on tape delay and allow people to immerse themselves. This is just crap. That one two person dive is all I watched so far. And I used to watch all the Olympics that I could.

Looking forward to women's fencing.

Team Italy was ridiculously hot in London and I'm certain that hasn't changed since they rolled everyone.

The US women's gymnastic team is poised to destroy all the rest of the competition. They one the qualifying by 10 points over the field.

So far this is the medal count as of 8/7/2016:

(Gold/Silver/Bronze/Total)

USA 3/5/4/12

China 3/2/3/8

Australia 3/0/3/6

Italy 2/3/2/7

S.Korea 2/2/1/5

Hungary 2/0/0/2

Russia 1/2/2/5

UK 1/1/0/2

Sweden 1/1/0/2

Japan 1/0/6/7

^
Team USA is playing its best hockey right now on the world's biggest stage.

Behind another stellar effort from Katie Bam, Team USA shut out India 3-0 to stay undefeated in pool play.

Both teams got out to a sluggish start. It wasn’t until the end of the first quarter that Bam scored the first of her two goals on the first shot of the night for either team. Katelyn Falgowski made a reverse-stick pass to Bam who chipped the ball over a defender’s stick and into the goal.

From there it was all Team USA.

Team USA bests India 3-0, stays undefeated

Forum List

Back