Oliver North & the NRA

I personally don't think they could find a better man to lead this Org...

www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/07/lt-col-oliver-north-to-become-nra-president-organization-says.html
Oh, shit. I got all excited thinking LaPierre had stepped down.
Oh well. Col. North will do alright, but I hope he finds a way to get rid of Wayne and Chris. What a noxious combo to sell gun safety to this country.

Nah. LaPierre runs the show. The president gives speeches and stuff.

Neither of the other two are going anywhere. :113:

Correct. The position is a figure head and public speaker position.

North will do good at that position.

Policy will be determined by others.

Why can I just not think the guy is that bad? It's got to be my moral relativity showing.
Maybe I'm just a sucker for a guy in uniform.

When you are a career soldier 99% of the time you do exactly what you are told, that 1% all I can say is you better have a damn good reason or be willing to faces the consequences... Nothing like playing civilian...

Why can I just not think the guy is that bad? It's got to be my moral relativity showing.

When you are a career soldier 99% of the time you do exactly what you are told, that 1% all I can say is you better have a damn good reason or be willing to faces the consequences... Nothing like playing civilian...
He broke the law

He broke the law
So he should never work again, Rightwinger?

What was Oliver North convicted of?
Oliver L. North was "Indicted March 16, 1988, on 16 felony counts. After standing trial on 12, North was convicted May 4, 1989 of three charges: accepting an illegal gratuity, aiding and abetting in the obstruction of a congressional inquiry, and destruction of documents.
Oliver North - SourceWatch
sourcewatch.org/index.php/oliver_north

He and Reagan circumvented Congress and the Constitution they had sworn to uphold. That's criminal enough.

Oliver North and John Poindexter were indicted on multiple charges on March 16, 1988.[108] North, indicted on 16 counts, was found guilty by a jury of three felony counts. The convictions were vacated on appeal on the grounds that North's Fifth Amendment rights may have been violated by the indirect use of his testimony to Congress, which had been given under a grant of immunity.

Iran–Contra affair - Wikipedia

Whap! As soon as Colonel North assumed the prestigious post of president of the super patriot organization National Rifle Association, the left brought up Iran-Contra. We were fighting communism during Cold War and pussies like John Kerry and Teddy Kennedy had cut off aid to CONTRA freedom fighters. North did what he had to do...and then had to falll on his sword to protect higher-up’s. Not Reagan! Good Marine. Semp-Fi Colonel North.
Oliver North named president of the National Rifle Association

Whap! As soon as Colonel North assumed the prestigious post of president of the super patriot organization National Rifle Association, the left brought up Iran-Contra. We were fighting communism during Cold War and pussies like John Kerry and Teddy Kennedy had cut off aid to CONTRA freedom fighters. North did what he had to do...and then had to falll on his sword to protect higher-up’s. Not Reagan! Good Marine. Semp-Fi Colonel North.
Oliver North named president of the National Rifle Association
You really should have put this in the other North thread.

Oh, shit. I got all excited thinking LaPierre had stepped down.
Oh well. Col. North will do alright, but I hope he finds a way to get rid of Wayne and Chris. What a noxious combo to sell gun safety to this country.

Nah. LaPierre runs the show. The president gives speeches and stuff.

Neither of the other two are going anywhere. :113:

Disappointing.

Nah. They've done a great job.
Billy, if you want the NRA to win over the hearts and minds of the fence sitters, you have the wrong people at the top.

There are no fence sitters. Only those educated, and those uneducated.
Hmmm....Nope....your certainty in no way validates your argument. I note your feelings....with amusement.

Well..he did take the lemons he had..and make a lot of lemonade--a total come back story success, I guess.

His selection just clearly shows where the NRA lines up, politically.

Not that there was any doubt.

What was Oliver North convicted of?
Oliver L. North was "Indicted March 16, 1988, on 16 felony counts. After standing trial on 12, North was convicted May 4, 1989 of three charges: accepting an illegal gratuity, aiding and abetting in the obstruction of a congressional inquiry, and destruction of documents.
Oliver North - SourceWatch
sourcewatch.org/index.php/oliver_north

...and then it was overturned...

Forum List

Back