Oldest person on Earth dies -- last to be born in 1800's

WOW! That's an incredibly long life!
I am shooting for 125.
There are 2 centurions on my Mother's side. A third made it to 98 smoking like a chimney most of his life. I'm thinking 110 is doable.
By the way -- a grammar moment:

Centurion -- a Roman legionnaire in charge of 100 infantry.

Centenarian -- someone 100 years old or more.

I thought he did that deliberately.

You done fucked up a good jeu de mots. :crybaby:

Wow! When she was 90, she lived for a another 27 years.............:ack-1:.

I think that way, too. At 90, most people figure they'll go almost at any point, but she lived more than a quarter century more.
Starting around when my grandmother in law was 90, I used to sit in her room at my mother in law's house and talk with her...she said it was a CURSE that she was still alive and mentally strong and mentally able, and that Senility had to be God's gift to help you live with the elder years, where all your friends, husband and two of your children are already dead, and your mind wants to parachute jump and jog on the beach, but you can barely lift your legs to get out of bed to pee....''it's a curse to have your sound MIND, it's a CURSE I tell you!'' She made me laugh, but she was dead serious!

died at 99, before her time...she tripped, broke her hip, and all downhill from there.

Starting around when my grandmother in law was 90, I used to sit in her room at my mother in law's house and talk with her...she said it was a CURSE that she was still alive and mentally strong and mentally able, and that Senility had to be God's gift to help you live with the elder years, where all your friends, husband and two of your children are already dead, and your mind wants to parachute jump and jog on the beach, but you can barely lift your legs to get out of bed to pee....''it's a curse to have your sound MIND, it's a CURSE I tell you!'' She made me laugh, but she was dead serious!

died at 99, before her time...she tripped, broke her hip, and all downhill from there.
Then at 88 my mom is blessed because she has gone almost totally Alzheimer's.

Wow! When she was 90, she lived for a another 27 years.............:ack-1:.

I think that way, too. At 90, most people figure they'll go almost at any point, but she lived more than a quarter century more.

Maybe senility would have been a blessing to her, but it's hell on the family. My grandma had Alzheimer's for probably around the last 12 years of her life. The last 6 or 7 she wasn't even really her.

So sorry for you.

So sorry for you.
She has forgotten all her sins and crimes and now she just wishes for more company, but after half an hour she forgets anyone ever came to see her or called her on the phone.

So Alzheimer's is not all bliss.

I had a great grandmother, Italian, who lived until she was 99, and Matt's grandmother lived until she was 99 and I believe she was of Irish decent.

my Italian grandfather lived till his 91st year and my Italian grandmother till her 87th year.

but HOLY SMOKES! Well in to their hundreds!!!!!

Oh great you will be on these boards out living and out arguing me...:)

Enjoy... (I don't know why I get chills everytime I see this)

I had a great grandmother, Italian, who lived until she was 99, and Matt's grandmother lived until she was 99 and I believe she was of Irish decent.

my Italian grandfather lived till his 91st year and my Italian grandmother till her 87th year.

:)
you get the chills because it is an awesome scene! It just made my eyes well up!

Now I did it I just had to watch this scene for the thousandth time also :)

Forum List

Back