Oldest Monastery in Iraq Razed

American lefties are doing the same thing in the U.S. When an atheist or an agnostic is offended by a big Cross the federal government orders the whole thing bulldozed. Case in point the fifty year old Korean War memorial in San Diego.

The plan to wipe out everything that isn't Islamoterrorist approved appears to be going swimmingly.

IRBIL, Iraq (AP) — The oldest Christian monastery in Iraq has been reduced to a field of rubble, yet another victim of the Islamic State's relentless destruction of ancient cultural sites.

For 1,400 years the compound survived assaults by nature and man, standing as a place of worship recently for U.S. troops. In earlier centuries, generations of monks tucked candles in the niches and prayed in the cool chapel. The Greek letters chi and rho, representing the first two letters of Christ's name, were carved near the entrance.

Now satellite photos obtained exclusively by The Associated Press confirm the worst fears of church authorities and preservationists — St. Elijah's Monastery of Mosul has been completely wiped out.

Now, St. Elijah's has joined a growing list of more than 100 demolished religious and historic sites, including mosques, tombs, shrines and churches in Syria and Iraq. The extremists have defaced or ruined ancient monuments in Nineveh, Palmyra and Hatra. Museums and libraries have been looted, books burned, artwork crushed — or trafficked.

The monastery, called Dair Mar Elia, is named for the Assyrian Christian monk — St. Elijah — who built it between 582 and 590 A.C. It was a holy site for Iraqi Christians for centuries, part of the Mideast's Chaldean Catholic community.

full article here
Islamic State Destroys Oldest Christian Monastery in Iraq

Yes this cancer on humanity HAS to be excised. This is exactly what the Taliban did when they first came to power in the early 2000s. They started blowing up huge ancient Budhist statues and other 'non-approved' sites.

These people, all of them regardless of group, have declared they are not part of the human race. Fine, dig a big hole and help them get some virgins.

These are crimes against all of humanity for all of time. It would be like if one of these groups captured Egypt and stuffed a nuke inside the great pyramid and obliterated it.

The history loss to all of humanity is mounting daily in that part of the world. The destruction of Nimrud was catastrophic.

Isn't it funny how it lasted so long without the slightest problem until the Americans interfered in the country.
In fact, every historic site destroyed by extremists has always been AFTER the Americans messed about.

Yea, America is responsible for Islamic barbarians destroying everything Islamists find offensive. If Islamists have their way, they will destroy anything and everything that isn't Islamic. What's happening with ISIS is proof.

Now go fuck yourself.

When the Taliban destroyed two Buddhist statues in Afghanistan in the spring of 2001,

Was that before or after the USSR invaded?
Ah, after.
Afghanistan was on the hippy trail until the invasion, then the extremists took chance to grab power, many supported by US supplied weapons (and a Rambo film).

Do you have any that happened before an invasion by a major power as I asked?

My point is clear - there was no serious Islamic extremism in 1945 as no one wanted these people in power, and there was no spark that allowed them any level of real power.
It wasn't until Islamic countries were invaded or interfered in that all this shit happened.
Several powers are guilty, including the UK, US, CCCP/Russia, and Israel.
China, you may notice, isn't on that list because they trade their way to political influence, not kill people or invade.

That doesn't excuse the bastard extremists, just explains how they managed to grab power.
If you want to prove me wrong, tell me about the history of ISIS or other terrorist groups in Saddam's Iraq.

I'll save you the bother - there weren't any until the US invaded, destroyed their ex friend's army, destabilised the country, thus allowing the upsurge in extremist groups.

Do I blame America for the actual destruction - No, the bastard ISIS and so on did them.
Do I blame America for creating the conditions for extremist groups to thrive - absofuckinglutely (But Russia, the UK, and Israel also have blame).

Consider this monastery has been there since before islam even existed. And no muslim thought it needed destroying in the ensuing 1400 years.

This group of non humans needs to be eliminated from the Earth. They reject the human race itself.

Forum List

Back