Okalahoma Acts to Ban Abortion

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
Having been to the state a number of times on business i am not surprised. The people are nice enough but extremely backwards.

Oklahoma Legislature passes bill criminalizing abortion - CNNPolitics.com
"
The Oklahoma state legislature has passed a bill that would criminalize abortion procedures in the state. According to the language of the bill, anyone who is found to have performed an abortion -- except in instances to save the life of the mother -- will be found guilty of a felony and can receive up to three years in prison.

The bill now is on its way to Gov. Mary Fallin, a Republican, for final approval."

Someone from the left explain to me why it's okay to add a burden to someone enjoying their right to own guns

Then someone from the right explain to me why it's okay to burden someone's access to abortion.

Just as I've always said, two sides of the same authoritarian coin. Neither side giving a shit about any rights except for those which defend their cause , whatever cause that may be.

I agree its ok to add a burden to someone wishing to own automatic weapons. The explanation righties have for wishing to control what a woman does with her body will never make sense to rational people.

I agree its ok to add a burden to someone wishing to own automatic weapons. The explanation righties have for wishing to control what a woman does with her body will never make sense to rational people.

I was thinking more along the lines of people who want to place burdens on concealed carry since that is actually what the big fight lately is about.

And I agree that conservatives who are continuing to fight about abortion are just not very bright. Now, doing as Texas is doing and demanding that places that perform abortions meet certain health standards, that's entirely acceptable.

abortion and gun control hey partisan dipshits from either side, SCOTUS has ruled, go away and let us focus on things that actually matter.

Someone from the left explain to me why it's okay to add a burden to someone enjoying their right to own guns

Then someone from the right explain to me why it's okay to burden someone's access to abortion.

Just as I've always said, two sides of the same authoritarian coin. Neither side giving a shit about any rights except for those which defend their cause , whatever cause that may be.

I find it amazing that Republicans continue to stick their hands in women's vaginas, but can care less about American workers not making a living wage.

It's called deception, by keeping the fools busy looking at a vagina, while being fucked in the ass by big business.

I was thinking more along the lines of people who want to place burdens on concealed carry since that is actually what the big fight lately is about.

And I agree that conservatives who are continuing to fight about abortion are just not very bright. Now, doing as Texas is doing and demanding that places that perform abortions meet certain health standards, that's entirely acceptable.

abortion and gun control hey partisan dipshits from either side, SCOTUS has ruled, go away and let us focus on things that actually matter.

Are those 'standards' higher than any other clinics?

I don't know , just to be honest. If they are higher than other clinics which perform out patient surgery though I would conclude that the intent of law is pretty damn obviously not health related though

I don't know , just to be honest. If they are higher than other clinics which perform out patient surgery though I would conclude that the intent of law is pretty damn obviously not health related though

Most abortions are medical, not surgical. The law regulates both.

Having been to the state a number of times on business i am not surprised. The people are nice enough but extremely backwards.

Oklahoma Legislature passes bill criminalizing abortion - CNNPolitics.com
"
The Oklahoma state legislature has passed a bill that would criminalize abortion procedures in the state. According to the language of the bill, anyone who is found to have performed an abortion -- except in instances to save the life of the mother -- will be found guilty of a felony and can receive up to three years in prison.

The bill now is on its way to Gov. Mary Fallin, a Republican, for final approval."

Not surprising really. It's just sad that they spend so much time on nonsense rather than their real problems.

RANKED: The economies of all 50 US states and Washington, DC, from worst to best

State Ranks Among Worst in Education Outcomes Report

Forum List

Back