Ohio's Issue 1 Soundly Rejected By Voters In Major Win For Abortion Rights

On the face of it, one would believe that Ohio Republicans were trying to subvert the rights of the people by stripping them of their ability to create amendments. But this could be a blessing in disguise. Even though an amendment that could enshrine abortion into the state’s constitution would only pass by a simple majority, the Republicans could also submit their own amendment next year banning abortions entirely.

And it would only need 51% to pass.
This is a defeat for the tyranny of Republican minority rule.

How else are they gonna cancel out the illegitimate and fraudulent votes from the Democrats?

The only people who have been engaging Election Fraud/Voter Fraud are MAGA MAGGOTS.

You need proof of Election Fraud/Voter Fraud to sustain a case of Election Fraud/Voter Fraud and you ain't got any at all.

This is not good for repubs. They tried to move the goal post and they lost.

Issue One was desperation move on the part Ohio Republicans. They wanted to change the 50+1% voter majority to change the Constitution and put in its place a 60%, which they knew would not work.

The Ohio party received a gut punch. They see the upcoming Constitutional Amendment on the November ballot passing with very strong numbers. They wanted to insure defeat of the amendment and instead all they have done is all but insure the amendment will pass.

Cons want to force their very outdated and very flawed views on abortion down the throats of other people and damn those people if they do not like it.

It scares the crap out of them that they are on the losing side. They have an overblown sense of self-importantance and one helluva over developed sense self-entitlement. For all their "Not wanting the government in the doctor's office", they bloviated about for those years what they really want to to control a Woman's body, they see Women as chattle.

They have 1950's mind set in the 21st Century and they bound and determined to force anyone who does NOT like it to shut the fuck up and live with it.

Last edited:
Issue One was desperation move on the part Ohio Republicans. They wanted to change the 50+1% voter majority to change the Constitution and put in its place a 60%, which they knew would not work.

The Ohio party received a gut punch. They see the upcoming Constitutional Amendment on the November ballot passing with very strong numbers. They wanted to insure defeat of the amendment and instead all they have done is all but insure the amendment will pass.

Cons want to force their very outdated and very flawed views on abortion down the throats of other people and damn those people if they do not like it.

It scares the crap out of them that they are on the losing side. They have an overblown sense of self-importantance and one helluva over developed sense self-entitlement. For all their "Not wanting the government in the doctor's office", they bloviated about for those years what they really want to to control a Woman's body, they see Women as chattle.

They have 1950's mind set in the 21st Century and they bound and determined to force anyone who does NOT like it to shut the fuck up and live with it.
And just what the fuck are you doing to us as Conservatives?

I would say that I find it an interesting and relevant question now. As you just pointed out Republicans, and obviously Democrats, have been using these referendums to push their agendas for a while now, and "abortion is a state issue" as you said. So yes, very relevant now.

And the Supreme Court isn't supposed to be representative, or partisan at all. That was, of course, a pipe dream, anything political will end up partisan, but it wasn't designed to be representative certainly. As for Roe, I'd say, per the 10th Amendment, it should always have been a state issue and that Roe was decided incorrectly for that reason. There should be a lot more state issues than there are, unfortunately.

I disagree. Unfettered Federalism is what led the the Confederacy. A strong central government is the only protection the people have against 50 independent tyrannical fiefdoms.

Roe was absolutely decided correctly, and by a unanimous conservative court. The problem with the current court isn't that it's conservative. It's problem is it's Catholic. The Founders would have never tolerated such a court even for a minute.

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Those are arguably the most important words in the entire Constitution. And no amount of religious liberty is more important than those words.

I disagree. Unfettered Federalism is what led the the Confederacy. A strong central government is the only protection the people have against 50 independent tyrannical fiefdoms.

Roe was absolutely decided correctly, and by a unanimous conservative court. The problem with the current court isn't that it's conservative. It's problem is it's Catholic. The Founders would have never tolerated such a court even for a minute.

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Those are arguably the most important words in the entire Constitution. And no amount of religious liberty is more important than those words.
So you support the Soviet Union. Gotcha. Always knew you were a Communist.

Or a born fool like biden promising to destroy the greatest discovery since fire itself

And I mean oil for those who dont know
I hate to break it to you Skippy. But fossil fuels are on the way out.

You see the weather extremes occurring worldwide? Scientist have predicted these occurrences will become common place. And the big oil producers knew it would happen decades ago. Fires, tornadoes, draughts...they are results of decades of pumping carbons into the atmosphere.

trump says it is all a hoax, because he is a stupid POS. You are MAGA. Figure it out....

I suppose it's a separate point, but it's interesting you reference the founders and then quote the 14th Amendment to make your point. It seems to me they would have obviously rejected that interpretation of the 14th Amendment, but that's irrelevant since they weren't around for the 14th Amendment.

As for too much federalism leading to the Confederacy, I actually disagree. The Confederacy is an interesting conundrum that way; they talked about states' rights and so forth, but they seceded in part because the federal government, in their view, wasn't doing enough to help them get their runaway slaves back from the northern states. It was actually many northern states nullifying the fugitive slave act, or at least interpreting it in such a way as to render it nullified effectively in their borders. So it was actually the centralization of slavery in the Constitution as a federal issue that led, in many ways, to the Confederacy. Obviously not the whole story, but much more nuanced than I think you allow in your post here.

You ever been to "food stamp" West Virginia or "welfare" Kentucky...where the federal government keeps people from starving? And them is WHITE PEOPLE!
Buffalo hasn't had a decent mayor in nearly 30 years, and he was the last Democrat I actually liked. Sorry, but I would rather have Red State expenses over blue state Confiscatory taxes any day and twice on Sundays.

You ever been to "food stamp" West Virginia or "welfare" Kentucky...where the federal government keeps people from starving? And them is WHITE PEOPLE!

So are they shooting up playgrounds, looting stores, jacking cars like your inner-city shithole Democrat voting base? I'd trust any red-state poor white folks before I ever would you.

Forum List

Back