Ohio's Issue 1 Soundly Rejected By Voters In Major Win For Abortion Rights

Has civilization advanced to the point that the option to kill an unborn human is seen as a victory for society?

Especially when abortion is a Democrat institution and it murders more black unborn that Hispanic or white.

Figure that one out.

366594708_709918104573100_2534863705170700457_n.jpg

366702341_709931661238411_9140484398080610882_n.jpg

Has civilization advanced to the point that the option to kill an unborn human is seen as a victory for society?

The majority of the world, including this country, supports abortion rights. It will be the biggest issue in the elections.

All I want is 52 reliable Senate seats. Then civilization as you now know it is gone. In this country anyway.

Ohio voters rejected an effort that would have made it harder to pass citizen-led ballot initiatives, in a rebuke of Republican efforts to block an expansion of abortion rights that’s on the ballot in November.

Issue 1, which would have raised the threshold to pass citizen-led ballot measures from a simple majority to a 60 percent threshold failed, Decision Desk HQ projected. With about 24 percent of the votes in, “no” led by an almost 40-point margin.

No Friday middle of the night abortion laws for you Ohio Republicans

See you at the polls next year.
Odd. I didn't see abortion mentioned anywhere in the measure

Ohio voters rejected an effort that would have made it harder to pass citizen-led ballot initiatives, in a rebuke of Republican efforts to block an expansion of abortion rights that’s on the ballot in November.

Issue 1, which would have raised the threshold to pass citizen-led ballot measures from a simple majority to a 60 percent threshold failed, Decision Desk HQ projected. With about 24 percent of the votes in, “no” led by an almost 40-point margin.

No Friday middle of the night abortion laws for you Ohio Republicans

See you at the polls next year.
Kinda neat, 'eh?

This is what SCOTUS wanted to see when they rejected Dobbs.

Let the people decide in each state.......10th amendment works.

No more so than a society that see's born children going hungry while they go out and buy their second home at the beach.

Then I guess we’ve reached an impasse.
The sordid machinations by the loser of the 2020 presidential election featuring a violent attack upon outnumbered police defending democracy, but also including fake elector schemes and blatant attempts to pressure governors and secretaries of state to falsify their states' votes, and a threat to order the military to seize and confiscate voting machines, is rightly perceived as a unique assault upon our democracy, and not a mere furtherance of our democratic heritage, in my opinion. Such perfidy might be commonplace in some "shithole countries" (to borrow Trump's terminology) but not in the United States.

Republicans are in crisis over the American people soundly rejecting their authoritarian abrogation of personal freedom and privacy in state after state. They don't need defending the indefensible to add to their burden.

Last edited:
Good to know you never voted for him and don’t care that he lost. I agree that Democrats are very far from perfect or blameless. I did not vote for Hillary in 2016, but voted for Democrats in 2020 and will probably do so again and again until the authoritarian “Trump Party” is dead and buried. As the old Dylan song goes, “I will stand over its grave until I know that it’s dead.”

I absolutely disagree with your seeming “equally bad” arguments equating Democrats with Trumpsters on election fraud, protesting election skulduggery, and Trumpster Republican “Big Lies.” Traditional Republicans who supported the “Big Lie” are in fact apologists for him and all he represents. I hope you are not one of them.
What a state we are in right now. Talk about poor availability in choices. Fringes get served . Radicals get served, moderates get the shaft. Anything looks better than Trump. Glad I am old.

The sordid machinations by the loser of the 2020 presidential election featuring a violent attack upon outnumbered police defending democracy, but also including fake elector schemes and blatant attempts to pressure governors and secretaries of state to falsify their states' votes, and a threat to order the military to seize and confiscate voting machines, is rightly perceived as a unique assault upon our democracy, and not a mere furtherance of our democratic heritage, in my opinion. Such perfidy might be commonplace in some "shithole countries" (to borrow Trump's terminology) but not in the United States.

Republicans are in crisis over the American people soundly rejecting their authoritarian abrogation of personal freedom and privacy in state after state. They don't need defending the indefensible to add to their burden.
Ok, but you’re not making an argument against my actual point, so I’m not sure why you bothered to repeat your talking points.

Thank GOD ! No court or government entity should have any rights in a woman's decision . That was the most terrible over reach they ever attempted.
How does requiring a 60% vote to pass amendments in a state constitution have anything to do with a woman’s body?

You can tell the pro-abortionists are foaming to try to pass radical legislation in Ohio. That’s the only issue they cared about through all
Of this.. even though it can go both ways

How does requiring a 60% vote to pass amendments in a state constitution have anything to do with a woman’s body?

You can tell the pro-abortionists are foaming to try to pass radical legislation in Ohio. That’s the only issue they cared about through all
The attempt by authoritarian politicians to frustrate the will of the People regarding reproductive freedom would erect a barrier that would be more difficult to overcome than the will of a simple majority.

The shameless pretext backfired, the irony being that the authoritarians could not even get 50% to go along with them. (57% vs 43%)

The proposed amendment in Ohio would ensure that “every individual has a right to make and carry out one’s reproductive decisions.”

The statists in Ohio had seen the will of the People expressed in Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, and elsewhere, and tried to prevent it.

whats wrong with men?

Sexist much?
Nothing in particular, but angry old ones sometimes thing they know best for everybody else, when they really only know the world they would, without thinking of consequences and ramifications.

There are those in Ohio that want to pass a term limit bill also. They also voted no.

Forum List

Back