(Oh Spare Me) Obama: "I'd Appreciate A Little Break"

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
Unfortunately, you're the leader of the free world. You GET no break. I don't recall any president whining like this. But hey, lets cut the guy some slack. This is the first full time job Obama has ever held. It’s not like he was used to working 40+ hours a week before he took this job. It takes a while to get into the full time job mode. Never the less, this is an inappropriate thing for a president to say under any circumstances.

Obama: 'I'd appreciate a little break' | Washington Examiner

It's often remarked that President Obama has enjoyed a number of getaways, vacations, and mini-vacations during his 20 months in office. But at a Democratic fundraiser Thursday night, the president said, "I'd appreciate a little break."

According to the pool report, Obama thanked Phillips for the work he and his wife have done for Team Obama. Then the president mentioned that Phillips and Douglass have an opulent place in Italy and wondered why there had been no invitation to visit. "I'd appreciate a little break and some Tuscan sun," the president said, according to the pool report. "Some pasta. I can use it."

Unreal.

The fundraiser -- $30,400 per person -- was at the home of Linda Douglass, the former CBS and ABC News reporter who joined the Obama White House to sell national health care to a skeptical public.

If this is how Obama really feels, he should resign. I cannot remember ever having a whiney president before.

LOL! This President whining about more "Breaks?" Now that's some pretty hilarious chit. Sounds like he needs another Vacation because he certainly hasn't taken enough of them yet. God,what a whiner.

after calling all of us racist I think I'll withold his little break.

Unfortunately, you're the leader of the free world. You GET no break. I don't recall any president whining like this. But hey, lets cut the guy some slack. This is the first full time job Obama has ever held. It’s not like he was used to working 40+ hours a week before he took this job. It takes a while to get into the full time job mode. Never the less, this is an inappropriate thing for a president to say under any circumstances.

Obama: 'I'd appreciate a little break' | Washington Examiner

It's often remarked that President Obama has enjoyed a number of getaways, vacations, and mini-vacations during his 20 months in office. But at a Democratic fundraiser Thursday night, the president said, "I'd appreciate a little break."

According to the pool report, Obama thanked Phillips for the work he and his wife have done for Team Obama. Then the president mentioned that Phillips and Douglass have an opulent place in Italy and wondered why there had been no invitation to visit. "I'd appreciate a little break and some Tuscan sun," the president said, according to the pool report. "Some pasta. I can use it."

I'm no fan, but it sounds like it might be his attempt at humor.

epic-fail.jpg

Forum List

Back