Oh-Oh, For Obamacare

Do you guys have a calendar listing moral high ground days? Weiner is in the grinder and its, moral relativism, now you have the superior position? I have a basic problem with stealing to provide for anyone. Now you want to burden a system to the point of failure, then we all have healthcare problems. What genius on your side thought that was a good idea?

Do you guys have a calendar listing moral high ground days? Weiner is in the grinder and its, moral relativism, now you have the superior position? I have a basic problem with stealing to provide for anyone. Now you want to burden a system to the point of failure, then we all have healthcare problems. What genius on your side thought that was a good idea?

Oh, now I see your problem...you are stupid.

Medicare is not stealing. People pay into it their whole working life. Medicare is a social insurance program. Also, the Medicare program funds residency training programs for the vast majority of physicians in the United States.

The Medicare we have today is a program President John F. Kennedy proposed. It was passed after his assassination.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpMNdYhRq90]YouTube - ‪Kennedy Medicare‬‏[/ame]

Discussion about a national health insurance system for Americans goes all the way back to the days of President Teddy Roosevelt, whose platform included health insurance when he ran for president in 1912.

But the idea for a national health plan didn't gain steam until it was pushed by U.S. President Harry S. Truman. On November 19, 1945, seven months into his presidency, Truman sent a message to Congress, calling for creation of a national health insurance fund, open to all Americans.

The plan Truman envisioned would provide health coverage to individuals, paying for such typical expenses as doctor visits, hospital visits, laboratory services, dental care and nursing services. Although Truman fought to get a bill passed during his term, he was unsuccessful and it was another 20 years before Medicare would become a reality.

President John F. Kennedy made his own unsuccessful push for a national health care program for seniors after a national study showed that 56 percent of Americans over the age of 65 were not covered by health insurance. But it wasn't until 1965 – after legislation was signed by President Lyndon B Johnson – that Americans started receiving Medicare health coverage.

More

Now that we passed it we are finding out what's in it. :lol:

AP: Glitch in Obamacare would place couples earning up to $64,000 in Medicaid

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama's health care law would let several million middle-class people get nearly free insurance meant for the poor, a twist government number crunchers say they discovered only after the complex bill was signed.
The change would affect early retirees: A married couple could have an annual income of about $64,000 and still get Medicaid, said officials who make long-range cost estimates for the Health and Human Services department.

"The fact that this is being discovered now tells you, what else is baked into this law?" said Leavitt, who served as Health and Human Services secretary under President George H.W. Bush. "It clearly begins to reveal that the nature of the law was to put more and more people under eligibility for government insurance."
That $64,000 would put them at about four times the federal poverty level, which for a two-person household is $14,710 this year. The Medicaid expansion in the health care law was supposed to benefit childless adults with incomes up to 133 percent of the poverty level. A fudge factor built into the law bumps that up to 138 percent.

Read more: APNewsBreak: A twist in Obama's health care law | AP Business News - The News Tribune

There is no mistake here...

...it's called redistribution of the wealth.

Sweet!

Maybe now I can get some payback for the ass fucking I took under St Reagan's 1986 Income Tax Reform Act.

The snippet below is from FoxNews. I should point out there are other surveys that come in with different results, but this one surveyed 1300 employers. Of interest is the fact that the CBO used a 7% figure in their calculations, meaning their figure for the employers who would opt out of ObamaCare is only 7%. Every percentage point above that costs US taxpayers more money, perhaps as much as an additional trillion dollars a year.

" Thirty percent of employers will definitely or probably stop offering health benefits to their employees once the main provisions of President Obama's federal health care law go into effect in 2014, a new survey finds.

The research published in the McKinsey Quarterly found that the number rises to 50 percent among employers who are highly aware of the health care law. "

Medicare is not stealing. People pay into it their whole working life. Medicare is a social insurance program. Also, the Medicare program funds residency training programs for the vast majority of physicians in the United States.

The Medicare we have today is a program President John F. Kennedy proposed. It was passed after his assassination.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpMNdYhRq90]YouTube - ‪Kennedy Medicare‬‏[/ame]

Discussion about a national health insurance system for Americans goes all the way back to the days of President Teddy Roosevelt, whose platform included health insurance when he ran for president in 1912.

But the idea for a national health plan didn't gain steam until it was pushed by U.S. President Harry S. Truman. On November 19, 1945, seven months into his presidency, Truman sent a message to Congress, calling for creation of a national health insurance fund, open to all Americans.

The plan Truman envisioned would provide health coverage to individuals, paying for such typical expenses as doctor visits, hospital visits, laboratory services, dental care and nursing services. Although Truman fought to get a bill passed during his term, he was unsuccessful and it was another 20 years before Medicare would become a reality.

President John F. Kennedy made his own unsuccessful push for a national health care program for seniors after a national study showed that 56 percent of Americans over the age of 65 were not covered by health insurance. But it wasn't until 1965 – after legislation was signed by President Lyndon B Johnson – that Americans started receiving Medicare health coverage.

More

Correctomundo asshole and obie wan nutz in his head STOLE 960 Billion dollars from MEDICARE to fund his stupid health care plan and he doesn't even the fuck know what's in it. Next brilliant observation?

No, its socialized medicine that is supported by working Americans. You can receive it without working a day in your life. True story...

stupid. Because that seems to matter to you.

Last edited:

No, its socialized medicine that is supported by working Americans. You can receive it without working a day in your life. True story...

I suppose it could happen. And millions pay in and never reach 65 years old. Yes it is socialized medicine, it is what civilized societies do. Can you imagine the plight of elderly today without Medicare?

I suppose it could happen. And millions pay in and never reach 65 years old. Yes it is socialized medicine, it is what civilized societies do. Can you imagine the plight of elderly today without Medicare?

Another correction asshole. It's what 50% of civilizied Americans do. the other 50% don't.. Thanks for listening.

Another correction asshole. It's what 50% of civilizied Americans do. the other 50% don't.. Thanks for listening.

Hey Willow, is there anything human about you? You are nothing but acidic and contemptuous...it is all of what you are, how sad.

Yes I can. They would have had the opportunity to own their own health insurance plan to cover their needs as they saw fit. You presume it would have turned out poorly, but we don't know that for a fact. Yank it out now, sure we have major issues.

Hey Willow, is there anything human about you? You are nothing but acidic and contemptuous...it is all of what you are, how sad.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I pay my taxes. more than I can say for you.. I'm very fucking civillized..

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I pay my taxes. more than I can say for you.. I'm very fucking civillized..

I pay my taxes too willow. You are not civilized. You are completely brainwashed. Why don't you turn off all the right wing talking heads and go out and meet fellow Americans. See if you can pick out who is an evil leftist.

Yes I can. They would have had the opportunity to own their own health insurance plan to cover their needs as they saw fit. You presume it would have turned out poorly, but we don't know that for a fact. Yank it out now, sure we have major issues.

Me TRIED it, it didn't work...

In 1965, the elderly were the group most likely to be living in poverty--nearly one in three were poor. Today, the poverty rate for the elderly is similar to that of the age group 18-64--about 1 in 10 are poor.

About one-half of America's seniors did not have hospital insurance prior to Medicare. By contrast, 75 percent of adults under age 65 had hospital insurance, primarily through their employer. For the uninsured, needing hospital services could mean going without health care or turning to family, friends, and/or charity to cover medical bills. More than one in four elderly were estimated to go without medical care due to cost concerns.

Medicare, along with other programs, notably Social Security, and a strong economy, have greatly improved the ability of the elderly and the disabled to live without these worries. Medicare covers nearly all of the elderly (about 97 percent), making them the population group most likely to have health insurance coverage.

I pay my taxes too willow. You are not civilized. You are completely brainwashed. Why don't you turn off all the right wing talking heads and go out and meet fellow Americans. See if you can pick out who is an evil leftist.

Another correction asshole. All the evil leftists I know are right here on this board. all of em.. I'm tired of you evil leftist assholes telling us day in and day out to pay more taxes. It's isn't right to tell people that while 50% of you are sitting there freeloading off the backs of the 50% who do pay FEDERAL INCOME TAXES.. all you can say is "GIVE US MORE"

Another correction asshole. All the evil leftists I know are right here on this board. all of em.. I'm tired of you evil leftist assholes telling us day in and day out to pay more taxes. It's isn't right to tell people that while 50% of you are sitting there freeloading off the backs of the 50% who do pay FEDERAL INCOME TAXES.. all you can say is "GIVE US MORE"

willow, I pay federal taxes and state taxes. In the 1990's I probably paid more in taxes than you make.

willow, I pay federal taxes and state taxes. In the 1990's I probably paid more in taxes than you make.

another correction asshole. You are missing the point. Here is is again.. LIsten carefully..

I'm tired of you evil leftist assholes telling us day in and day out to pay more taxes. It's isn't right to tell people that while 50% of you are sitting there freeloading off the backs of the 50% who do pay FEDERAL INCOME TAXES.. all you can say is "GIVE US MORE"[/QUOTE]

another correction asshole. You are missing the point. Here is is again.. LIsten carefully..

I'm tired of you evil leftist assholes telling us day in and day out to pay more taxes. It's isn't right to tell people that while 50% of you are sitting there freeloading off the backs of the 50% who do pay FEDERAL INCOME TAXES.. all you can say is "GIVE US MORE"
[/QUOTE]

He who angers you conquers you.
E. Kenny

willow is pwned.

I wouldn't have you pay more taxes willow, only the wealthy need to pay more. You are a:

peasants-for-plutocracy-by-michael-dal-cerro2.jpg

Forum List

Back