[OFFICIAL] USMB Post Debate Poll/Thursday 10-16

Who won the debate and did it make you finally decide on a candidate?

• Obama won

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • Obama won and I will now vote for him

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • Obama won and I am still undecided

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Romney won

Votes: 57 36.3%
  • Romney won and I will now vote for him

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Romney won and I am still undecided

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Draw, there was no clear winner

Votes: 23 14.6%

• Total voters
What scares me is the leeway Obama spoke about. Leeway to do what? More flexibility to do what? The concept would be that if he's re-elected he has more freedom to change American in a way that would keep him from being re-elected if we knew what he was up to.

When we have crazies like Putin and Chavez telling us they need Obama to be re-elected, makes me think they know him better than we do.

51 people thought Romney won? :D

Crazy..

The debate, for a person who is open minded, was basically a tie.

If you think people thinking romney/obama winning are crazy then you are just a partisan.

The reason I see Romney as the winner was he, again, laid out his plan. One does not need to agree with it, but anyone who is not a partisan hack recognizes that he has a plan.

All Obama had to offer was "not true governor" and "I want to help the middle class"...

But no plan.

Independents want a plan. They want to move forward with their lives. They no longer want to see economic numbers going in the wrong direction.

Jesus H Christ on a Popsicle stick.

The PLAN????

The PLANS can be found in the DNC and RNC national platforms, DUH.

http://assets.dstatic.org/dnc-platform/2012-National-Platform.pdf

http://www.gop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/2012GOPPlatform.pdf

Our goal is a taxs ystem
that is simple, transparent,
latter,and fair…A reformed
code should promote simplicity
and coherence, savings and
innovation, increase
American competitiveness,
and recognize the burdens
on families…

We are the party of the
Constitution, the solemn
compact which conirms our
God-given individual rights and
assures that all Americans stand
equal before the law.

Today’s workforce is
independent, wants lexibilityi n
working conditions, needs
family-friendly options,and is
most productive when allowed
to innovate and rethink the
status quo.

Well hot damn... Republican party says all the right things. I sure wish they would act like it so I can believe it. I stopped at the last quote because... Well... The whole reason I'm moving away from the party is because I'm rethinking the status quo.

Our goal is a taxs ystem
that is simple, transparent,
latter,and fair…A reformed
code should promote simplicity
and coherence, savings and
innovation, increase
American competitiveness,
and recognize the burdens
on families…

We are the party of the
Constitution, the solemn
compact which conirms our
God-given individual rights and
assures that all Americans stand
equal before the law.

Today’s workforce is
independent, wants lexibilityi n
working conditions, needs
family-friendly options,and is
most productive when allowed
to innovate and rethink the
status quo.

Well hot damn... Republican party says all the right things. I sure wish they would act like it so I can believe it. I stopped at the last quote because... Well... The whole reason I'm moving away from the party is because I'm rethinking the status quo.

And this from the most transparent government EVER. I'm so glad we get to see those bills 5 days before they are voted on. Go Obama, KEEP THE LIES COMING. There are actually some people that still believe you care about them. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Yeah, it's looking good for Romney. But i'm always very cautious. Anything can happen. And not to rain on your parade, but Gallup has been known to be way off. I go with Rasmussen & Pew. And they're calling it very close. I have to agree with them. But hey, Romney supporters should be excited. Romney has shocked the Obamabots. He is a very formidable Candidate. They just didn't see that coming.

You'd have to applaud Obama for pulling off posing as the President of the United States for nearly 4 years. He did a credible job. None of us could have done as well.

I disagree. I think a number of people here on USMB could have done better posing as the President. And they would have done a hell of a lot less damage in the process even though they wouldn't have come to the job any better prepared. I would like to think that President Obama really did want to make a difference. But in three years and nine months of being on the job, he has governed too much in ways that have proved to be more destructive than constructive. I can't say he intended to. But he is who he is, and he was not ready to be President of the United States.

Still I don't hate him or wish him any ill.

At the Alfred E. Smith dinnerThursday night, Romney was warm, funny, and had just enough of the edge that most of us appreciate, but he concluded his presentation with this:

We have very fundamental and sound principles that guide both the president and me. He -- he and I, of course, both feel the pressures and tensions of a -- of a close contest. It would be easy to let a healthy competition give way to the person on the penny, but fortunately we don't carry the burden of -- of disliking one another.

Our president has had some very fine and gracious moments. Don't tell anyone I said so, but our 44th president has many gifts and a beautiful family that would make any man proud.

You can oppose...

(APPLAUSE)

In our country, you can oppose someone in politics and make a confident case against their policies without any ill will and that's how it is for me. There's more to life than politics.

At the Al Smith Foundation and the Archdiocese of New York, you show this in the work you do, in causes that run deeper than allegiance to party or to any contest at the moment. No matter which way the political winds are blowing, what work goes on, day in day out by this organization and you. You answer with calm and willing hearts and service to the poor and care for the sick, in defense and the rights of conscience and in solidarity with the innocent child waiting to be born. You strive to bring God's love and every -- in every life.

(APPLAUSE)

I -- I don't presume to have all your support and on a night like this, I'm certainly not going ask for it, but you can be certain that in the great causes of compassion that you come together to embrace that I stand proudly with you as an ally and friend.

God bless you all and God bless the United States of America.

President Obama's closing remarks were equally gracious.

But if we want the better man for the job--the one who has a chance to make a positive difference rather than a negative one--we will elect Romney.

Didn't obama say he would sign any assault weapon ban that crossed his desk? What happen to that sensible gun control bull shit of 2008?

Didn't obama say he would sign any assault weapon ban that crossed his desk? What happen to that sensible gun control bull shit of 2008?

He has pissed the Gun-Owner Vote goodbye. Any sensible Citizen who owns a gun, will not be voting for Obama.

I am really surprised at those who own firearm and support obama here at the USMB This should be a deal breaker with them that is if they really do own firearms.

... sign(ing) any assault weapon ban that crossed his desk? - would be not only a good idea but the beginning of a sensible set of regulations for long overdue weapons legislation.

all guns should be lever action with limited capacity or single shot.

of course being for weapons regulation is certainly a calling card Romney would never consider in "winning" an election.

... sign(ing) any assault weapon ban that crossed his desk? - would be not only a good idea but the beginning of a sensible set of regulations for long overdue weapons legislation.

of course being for weapons regulation is certainly a calling card Romney would never consider in "winning" an election.

Step by step, inch by inch giving up a constitutional right to the government is never a good idea. Individual rights should never be infringed upon by the government lest we eventually give them all away.

Step by step, inch by inch giving up a constitutional right to the government is never a good idea. Individual rights should never be infringed upon by the government lest we eventually give them all away.

no rights need be infringed but enhanced with prudent regulation / legislation.

automatic weapons are already heavily regulated ... but still available.

no rights need be infringed but enhanced with prudent regulation / legislation.

automatic weapons are already heavily regulated ... but still available.

The public needs to be at least as well armed as the police. Any regulations put on the public must also cover law enforcement agencies so they maintain a healthy respect for the ability of the public to physically oppose them, otherwise tyranny is inevitable.

We have militarized the police, with the blessing of the regressive left. You want to restrict citizens to single shot long guns? But have the police with Uzi's and body armor, right? A recreation of the Stasi, right?

He has pissed the Gun-Owner Vote goodbye. Any sensible Citizen who owns a gun, will not be voting for Obama.

I am really surprised at those who own firearm and support obama here at the USMB This should be a deal breaker with them that is if they really do own firearms.

Confused Obamabots.

I read the transcripts of the Rose Garden speech, and The President did call it a terrorist attack. The only one lying, was Romney and the moderator called him out. Instantly.
No, he called it the politically correct term once and only once toward the end of the speech as if it were an afterthought,: "an act of terror."

It is politically correct not to ever call a jihadist a terrorist. They can cause terror, but you are not allowed to call a jihadist a terrorist in Muslim countries or they will put your genitals where your tongue used to be.

True story in our lifetime.

I read the transcripts of the Rose Garden speech, and The President did call it a terrorist attack. The only one lying, was Romney and the moderator called him out. Instantly.

The moderator corrected herself the next day and said she was wrong and incorrect for doing that.

Last edited:
No, he called it the politically correct term once and only once toward the end of the speech as if it were an afterthought,: "an act of terror."

It is politically correct not to ever call a jihadist a terrorist. They can cause terror, but you are not allowed to call a jihadist a terrorist in Muslim countries or they will put your genitals where your tongue used to be.

True story in our lifetime.
obama's act of terror comment was a generic form of the usage of the word. He never came out directly and call the attacks a terror attack. He was more critical of a irrelevant film that had a trailer released months earlier and little views.

Confused Obamabots.

i can't believe any Hispanic would vote for Obama after Fast n Furious?? Obama likes to point his finger at Bush--(stating it was just a continuation of Bush's wide receiver program.) BUT--that was stopped by the Bush's justice department in 2007. Holder came up with his own F & F in 2009--only so they could point a finger at the deaths and violence in Mexico to ban semi-automatics here in the States.

The first known ATF "gunwalking" operation to Mexican drug cartels, named Operation Wide Receiver, began in early 2006 and ran into late 2007.

After President Barack Obama took office in 2009, the DOJ reviewed Wide Receiver and found that guns had been allowed into the hands of suspected gun traffickers. Indictments began in 2010, over three years after Wide Receiver concluded. As of October 4, 2011, nine people had been charged with making false statements in acquisition of firearms and illicit transfer, shipment or delivery of firearms.[2
ATF gunwalking scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EC_120621_summers425x274.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back