Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

An FA swears I'm scum now for some reason...
Interesting that because I have said no such thing. that is an outright falsification. My last statement about you would be:
Official USMB Mafia Game 5 A Game of Fire and Ice Page 70 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
post 1393

The statement was that I didn't know what to do with you and Ma because you have not posted enough for a read and have not posted anything that helps town or hurts them (not counting non participation). You have posted more now BUT so far the only thing of substance you have posted is a declaration that I am town without support and an outright falsehood about what I have claimed about you.

Meaning, I STILL don't know what to do with you but you sure are not helping your case by making unsupported claims or claims that are not true.

Wait, you are upset that he has declared you TOWN without support?

Isn't being declared town a good thing? Was this a scum slip?

Not if the person declaring you town draws suspicion on you by not providing rationale, especially when that person making the declaration flips scum on a lynch.
Not to mention that allowing that rationale to stand is not helping town at the cost of making you look better. THAT is a scum tell - not pointing out bad logic simply because it weighs in your favor.

Interesting that because I have said no such thing. that is an outright falsification. My last statement about you would be:
Official USMB Mafia Game 5 A Game of Fire and Ice Page 70 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
post 1393

The statement was that I didn't know what to do with you and Ma because you have not posted enough for a read and have not posted anything that helps town or hurts them (not counting non participation). You have posted more now BUT so far the only thing of substance you have posted is a declaration that I am town without support and an outright falsehood about what I have claimed about you.

Meaning, I STILL don't know what to do with you but you sure are not helping your case by making unsupported claims or claims that are not true.

Not if the person declaring you town draws suspicion on you by not providing rationale, especially when that person making the declaration flips scum on a lynch.

That is a good point. But how sure are we that moonglow will flip scum. He's on my suspect list, but part of me is thinking he's going to flip town. which is one of the reasons i havent voted for him yet.

It is good town play to not allow town reads for no reason.

Tomorrow, the next person who takks abilities is lynched.

All I have got today is a desire to lynch TN Mertex. Zero townreads. That blows.

post 1393

That is a good point. But how sure are we that moonglow will flip scum. He's on my suspect list, but part of me is thinking he's going to flip town. which is one of the reasons i havent voted for him yet.

I'm fairly well sold on it, as I'm sure you already know.

He has done everything but declare it in bold print.

post 1393

Why do you think he'll flip town? State your case, counsellor. :)

I'm fairly well sold on it, as I'm sure you already know.

He has done everything but declare it in bold print.

Ironically, that is why I am hesitating. When he was scum in game one, he did pretty much declare it.

Because I've seen his meta in previous games and elsewhere. This is his posting style period. It comes across scummy in the game. But when he was scum, he practically flaunted it. Granted, he could actually be taking the game seriously this time and lying, but part of me still feels like moonglow is the easy lynch and not necessarily scum.

Because I've seen his meta in previous games and elsewhere. This is his posting style period. It comes across scummy in the game. But when he was scum, he practically flaunted it. Granted, he could actually be taking the game seriously this time and lying, but part of me still feels like moonglow is the easy lynch and not necessarily scum.

So Moonglow is anti-town even as town?

Perhaps the meta of everybody else should be to lynch anti-town. Maybe it would encourage players to "play to their win condition", as the rules dictate.

One of the reasons that I don't know what to do with him. He might just be acting like Moonglow after all rather than actually scummy. Remember, this IS the poster that cannot seem to avoid getting banned every other month...

Perhaps the meta of everybody else should be to lynch anti-town. Maybe it would encourage players to "play to their win condition", as the rules dictate.
It would. It would also cause us to lose a lot of games in the meantime. I am too competitive for that :D

I like to encourage that on the side. Also, a poster like Moonglow is not going to give a damn and will not care if it causes them to get lynched...

It would. It would also cause us to lose a lot of games in the meantime. I am too competitive for that :D

I like to encourage that on the side. Also, a poster like Moonglow is not going to give a damn and will not care if it causes them to get lynched...

This is a ridiculous problem to have... but it is a problem. (Kudos to anyone that recognizes the line)

People who play like this should be bounced for flouting the rules.

Everybody wants a target to lynch, but if you're going to ignore the most suspicious player and wait for somebody to say, "Hai guyz I iz scum!", you're not going to lynch anyone.

Think about this objectively... if the best way to avoid getting lynched as scum is to develop a meta as playing like scum when you're town, then it makes terrific strategic sense to develop a scum meta as town.

So basically, Moonglow is playing as a Village Idiot, if I'm understanding things properly.

Fine, but I'm keeping my vote on him unless somebody that is a better candidate comes along. Right now,nobody comes close to being as scummy as he has. I don't pardon scummy behavior simply because it is intentional, as that then gives them a pass to not have to defend themselves when they are scum.

Forum List

Back