Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

BECAUSE ABILITIES WERE RANDOMIZED WITHOUT A SINGLE FUCK BEING GIVEN ABOUT BALANCE ON THIS THE DAY OF A THOUSAND CAPSLOCK POSTS. HAVING NK IMMUNITY AS SCUM PRESUMABLY BLOCKS ENEMY SCUM FROM DETECTING YOU AS SCUM THAT NIGHT SO ITS NOT LIKE IT ISNT USEFUL.

Well if it's so random, then they'd "detect" me anyway, wouldn't they?
Not that it matters at all. Scum's job is to get everyone but their team killed, "detected" or not. Townie or not. So this Ability is pretty worthless to Scum.

It's also not so great for me. I'll very likely get NK'd on Night 2.

Got the balls to wait & see?

ALSO USMESSAGEBOARD 502'D ON ME FOR LIKE 10 MINUTES, WHATS UP WITH THAT?!

Answer in Post 999.

OK, there's lots to sort through from last night until now. But one thing I wanted to mention. Someone stated that they thought it was suspicious that Avatar isn't posting much. But in the last game, everyone game him grief for his playing style so he said he would change. Now he's getting grief for changing his playing style. What do you want from him?

Now having said that, I would like to see some posts from him because he is a good player.

What gets me is that some are suspicious of Rosie, saying her game play is different, but say nothing about Avatar's being different as well.

I know I've been different. Been pkating off my phone this week. Not to mention my wife has had me cleaning house since we are preparing for a move. I've been trying to keep up, but I go to sleep and wake up to ten new pages of content by morning with only a few minutes to check. I'll be more normal next week when my schedule allows me some sit down time.

I've also been trying to enjoy the drama I've been feeling is more distracting then helpful. I said I wouldn't have as much time at first when we started this game

Am I the only one that noticed that the Game went to hell as soon as Mertex's wagon started loading?

When's the last time anyone saw TN so adamant about saving a "Townie."
Maybe because he's the only one to pick up on something that I so blatantly have mentioned that you, who should have picked up on it are totally ignoring. And why might that be? The only reason that would be is because you happened to be Scum again this game.

And now here's another little tidbit - I'm in a neighborhood with 3 other players. Mertex is one of them. 3 of us outed our Abilities - Mertex did not. Why? What's the big deal about being able to steal from another player?

I explained in the neighborhood that I had been at the dentist all morning. You were trying to define me as Scummy for having mentioned that I was in a neighborhood, and now you come out and tell everyone that we are in the same neighborhood and that makes you "Town"?

Anyway, my Ability is pretty weak and self-serving. The other 2 players' abilities aren't outstanding, but they can be useful to Town. So why was Mertex so confused about who to protect? Either one of those two would be reasonable candidates, also the stronger players clearly working for Town's benefit would be likely targets.

My ability wasn't about protecting anyone. It was about being able to steal other's ability. I didn't understand exactly how it worked and had asked Wake to explain it. I was waiting for his explanation. You are trying to muddy the waters by saying that I was confused about who to protect when I didn't even know whose ability I would be stealing and what that ability would be. Another scummy move, Grandma.

And, you asked me what my PR was, nobody but Scum asks another player to reveal their role. Why should I have revealed my "role" to you when I didn't know whether you were Town or Scum. Just because we were in the same neighborhood didn't mean that I should trust that you were all Town. Another neighbor did reveal their role, and I'd be willing to bet that they will be NK by Grandma's team.

But Mertex wanted to throw the Shield that she stole from Shaitra away.
Another of Grandma's WIFOM - at that time I didn't even understand exactly what my ability did, I didn't know what anyone else's ability was, so how would I have known that Shaitra's ability was to shield anyone so that I should steal it and throw it away. And, I didn't throw it away, Grandma.....so explain why you keep saying that?
And TN considers that to be Town-like behavior.

Yeah, right.
Right, because he is the only one that is willing to pick up on what I have been saying. You are pretending you don't pick up on it, but you know exactly what I am saying, and are hoping that the newbies, and even Cafe, don't pick up on it.

Why would she be confirmed? If scum targets her and she's scum, it'll be the other team that does it and that team wouldn't be able to kill her anyway, regardless so this could be a big ruse.

Because scum aren't working together.

If scum discovers she's scum, they HAVE to have town kill her, and you'd see some inexplicable lobbying to off her.

I think you have that wrong. Even though both Mafia Teams aren't working together, Town only wins when both Mafia teams are dead. So, it is in their (both Mafia teams) best interest to find out who the members of the other Mafia Team are. They're not going to cooperate with town to kill off another Scum, that would be against their win condition. But if they think someone is Town, and it isn't a member of their Team, they will push to have that person lynched. And, I think that is why Grandma and Wolfsister are pushing to have me lynched. It could be also be they are town and are just not playing very wisely.

wait, you think grandma and wolf are going after you because they are a scum team that has to target you for lynch to win?????

Why would she be confirmed? If scum targets her and she's scum, it'll be the other team that does it and that team wouldn't be able to kill her anyway, regardless so this could be a big ruse.

Because scum aren't working together.

If scum discovers she's scum, they HAVE to have town kill her, and you'd see some inexplicable lobbying to off her.

I think you have that wrong. Even though both Mafia Teams aren't working together, Town only wins when both Mafia teams are dead. So, it is in their (both Mafia teams) best interest to find out who the members of the other Mafia Team are. They're not going to cooperate with town to kill off another Scum, that would be against their win condition. But if they think someone is Town, and it isn't a member of their Team, they will push to have that person lynched. And, I think that is why Grandma and Wolfsister are pushing to have me lynched. It could be also be they are town and are just not playing very wisely.

wait, you think grandma and wolf are going after you because they are a scum team that has to target you for lynch to win?????

Going after me isn't going to win them the game...that isn't what I said. But certainly getting Town to kill of one of their own is a step in the right direction, and that is what they seem to be doing.

I'm not going to post much today. One observation. I think TN and Mertex are scum. One thing I have to be aware of is that the other scum team will help town lynch also and anyone helping me could be town or scum. That doesn't mean we shouldn't help each other. Town needs to work together. But I am a little worried about Grandma trying to reveal neighborhood and PR's and blatant buddying me. I don't think she's scum at the moment but I am not so sure I'm comfortable with this relationship we have. I might have to start seeing other people. :biggrin:

What gets me is that some are suspicious of Rosie, saying her game play is different, but say nothing about Avatar's being different as well.

I know I've been different. Been pkating off my phone this week. Not to mention my wife has had me cleaning house since we are preparing for a move. I've been trying to keep up, but I go to sleep and wake up to ten new pages of content by morning with only a few minutes to check. I'll be more normal next week when my schedule allows me some sit down time.

I've also been trying to enjoy the drama I've been feeling is more distracting then helpful. I said I wouldn't have as much time at first when we started this game

Taking a few steps back to watch is an eye opener, isn't it! If past games are any tell at all, it would be that those throwing themselves into the mayhem are town while the enemies are sitting back and watching while eating pizza and drinking beer.

Throwing a few reads out -

Mertex - town - I believe at least one person voting for her right now is scum.

Cafe - town

House - town

Wolf - confused town

TN - appears town, but with his charts popping up, has me thinking again that he may very well not be

Rosie - town

Grandma - came off as town at first, but now reconsidering that

@RosieS

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the garbagefest that happened last night, and also your top 3 picks for scum.

Thank you!

@RosieS

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the garbagefest that happened last night, and also your top 3 picks for scum.

Thank you!

Oh, be careful about saying "thank you", Aye. Some scissors might say you are being too nice, too friendly.

I'm with you - Mertex has explained herself well. No way she could have predicted she would steal a "bodyguard" type activity; those attacking her for not wanting to use it and then again for activating it are going beyond stretching the truth.

They are breaking it.

I suspect Shaitra due to being bitchy in Game 5.

I am dubious about FA_Q2.

I don't like how Moonglow disappeared.

I will also keep one eyeball on Grandma.

Everyone else is Town or null at this point.

Vote:Shaitra

Regards from Rosie

@Mertex

Who are your top 3 scum picks?

My top Scum pick is

Grandma

MY FOS: (And only because they are blindly going along with Grandma).
House
Wolf
Sgt Gath
Cafe

It could be that Grandma and Wolf are working together as one of the Mafia teams, but my previous experience is telling me that Grandma just latched on to Wolf and is using her to vote along with her, while her partner tries to remain incognito. The others are new and I think they haven't been around long enough to pick up on certain clues that are being dropped. I'm surprised at Cafe. I thought she had picked up on it, and then she went along with the inconsistencies that Wolf and Grandma have presented.

No, that's not true. There are other situations where a Townie can protect another person, and even if that person is Scum, the Townie that protected them doesn't die.

The sum total of your position comes across as "I won't protect a member of town because it is more important that I live than that anybody else in town lives" which by implication is "I am the best player here and you cannot win without me". I don't think you can argue around that. You have created a bunch of interpersonal drama and told scum that you won't be using the power instead of leaving them guessing, the latter of which is more bothersome to me than the former.

Well, all I can say is that I am more valuable to town if I stay alive, but, I'm not an experienced player, so I don't know how to explain it to you any other way. If you don't understand what I am saying, then you will think what ever you want to think.

Thank you for giving me permission to think however I want.

What I think is that your argument is irrational. You would not have to protect town to survive. The odds of you happening to pick a scum player to protect on Day one when the opposing scum team would identify and pick that exact same player would have to be so remote that it shouldn't have been your primary consideration. That you are now wasting that ability just to prove a point is also is a disservice to town. That TN came riding in and just blindly threw out his ability to try to protect you and then turns around trying to force another player to use his ability to also protect you or be seen as scum means that 3 freaking town powers will be wasted on your drama. All for what? So you get killed tomorrow night or the night after that or the night after that? Please explain to me why 25% of the town's powers are in play when you simply could have said "Sorry guys. I didn't mean to sound so insulting" because it simply makes absolutely zero sense to me.

If you had the opportunity to shield someone and possibly die, or shield someone and not die, you would choose to choose the one where you die? I seriously doubt it.

My vote stays on Mertex and HUGE FoS on TN.

Scum has DAYTALK and this screams scum ploy. When Mertex got caught, they hatched this little scheme and are now trying to call Mertex town PR when in NO WAY is there anything saying she is town. And then they try to call all of us scum who vote her.

They are a scum team I am almost positive.

If that is the case Fire Mafia will be all over them and two scum will be gone. Remember scum want scum, so their team can win. Again, I can't imagine they would be this blatant.

Cafe, I can't believe you are saying what you are saying. Go back and read your win condition, if you are Town. The Mafia teams are not working against each other. Ask yourself, how does Town win?

When you are able to answer that, you will understand why your statement is totally wrong.

Taking a few steps back to watch is an eye opener, isn't it! If past games are any tell at all, it would be that those throwing themselves into the mayhem are town while the enemies are sitting back and watching while eating pizza and drinking beer.

I meant avoid the drama. Stupid autocorrect

Is anyone else concerned about the fact that sgt's jail key ability is out there for us all. That makes him a huge target for the night kill unless he uses it.

FA's power would do the same.

that is assuming neither of them are scum.

I tend to think sgt should use the key and give it to someone who could use it to jail someone before the scum take him out and we lose it

@Wake does he need to specify who he is giving it to in the thread?

Forum List

Back