Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

fireice.jpg

Vote Count 1.2

Avatar4321 (2): Shaitra, Sgt_Gath
CafeAuLait (2): House, Sameech
Moonglow (2): tn5421, Wolfsister77
House (1): CafeAuLait
Shaitra (1): Grandma
Sgt_Gath (1): AyeCantSeeYou
tn5421 (1): Moonglow

Not Voting (6): Rosie, Mertex, BobPlumb, FA_Q2, MeBelle60, Avatar4321

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!
Deadline is 8/26/14, @1pm central.

1.1 | 1.2 | 1.3 | 1.4 | 1.5

Last edited:
id like to hear from more of our newbs.

sgt hasn't done much other than vote for me without a reason.

house has been only defending his avatar pic that I've seen.

I haven't seen much from bob at all. I'll have to review the thread again.

what do you guys think of this moonglow thing? Who are your scum picks so far?

Eh. I'm just watching the fireworks and trying to make sense of things at this point, to be honest.
smiley-laughing002.gif

Also, you're the freakin' Avatar, dude! "Obvscum." lol
says the one with Mr. Smith as an avatar - lol.

Looks like CK brought back nested quotes though - awesome.

"But how can you vote to lynch someone if you do not have the fingers to type..."

agent_smith.jpg

lol

We have text-to-speech nowadays.

Mertex-You blaming me for scum not being able to be hidden in game 3 is as bad as Aye saying town would of won if it wasn't cut short. This is the kind of thing that stirs up trouble in these games. That game is over.

The rest of your post is easily explained if you re-read while paying attention. It's not that hard to figure out what happened.

And my talking is an issue why? Should I lurk and say nothing? How would that help?

If you are scumreading myself and TN, why aren't you voting for one of us then?

Pick me. I dare you. Try to mislynch a townie and see what happens.

You created unnecessary drama, that's all. And you saying that this is the kind of thing that stirs up trouble when you are the one that started stirring the trouble. Yes, that game is over, but one can look at the way a player behaves as Town/Scum and make comparisons. I'm not the only one doing that. You're getting all melodramatic and I am paying attention. If I hadn't paid attention I would've missed the little dance you two were doing.

And, I don't have to rush my vote. We already know what happens when players do that. And your threat doesn't scare me. I'm a Townie too, and you sure had no misgivings about pointing your finger at me, so go take a hike, you're still at the top of my Scum list.

If anybody other than cafeaulait wants to make a case for cafe not being vote worthy, then I am open to hearing it, but that is still my best choice so far as I can see at this point with the information we have. Or for that matter if you wish to offer a summary that does not include a wall of quotes that make my eye glaze over for someone else being a better choice, I am open to that as well. I am generally more abstract than fine art in narrowing down the field to a few good candidates A few of the votes I don't get at all, but we each look for something different I guess. Avatar and House I maybe could get. Avatar is voting present in his comtent and House seemed a little quick on the pick up on Moonglow to be a newbie. Votes on Moonglow feel a little like a PL we can ill-afford until we have bagged at least one scum.

All this Wolf-Ayes back and forth is reminding me of my short-lived cameo appearance in game 2. I think they were both town in that game. Wolf is playing more consistently like she did then, but Ayes seems to be a little more rabble rousing and a lot less of a info seeker thus far.

vote: rosie

right now because I don't see her talking as much as usual. I need to get more players talking to get a good vibe on the scum.

leaning town on aye and wolf right now.

@sameech Moonglow is desperately attacking me trying to get his/her 'mod-confirmed town' status back.

Trying that hard to seem town is scummy.

Sammech: You saying rabble rouser is making me think of the Fable games. "Chicken Chaser" "Rabble Rouser" and so on.

My SuperDuperShinyCharts™ are going to make a comeback this game assuming I stay alive long enough.

This time there will be accompanying analysis instead of the IIoA posts I made in game 2.

@sameech Moonglow is desperately attacking me trying to get his/her 'mod-confirmed town' status back.

Sammech: You saying rabble rouser is making me think of the Fable games. "Chicken Chaser" "Rabble Rouser" and so on.

I don't know what to make of Moonglow's play TBH. Part of it seems like he is trying to sacrifice himself by drawing a NK by dropping in he has a role, maybe drawing the shot from both scum teams to get a no kill; part of seems like maybe he just wants out; part of it feels like maybe he didn't like his role and was trying to force a do-over; and some of it feels like it could be just trying to confirm himself officially first because of the static he got leading into the start of Day 1. It just didn't feel like a scum play to me. I could probably hammer him to avoid a no lynch, but I am also pondering whether a No Lynch would be better now than later. This set up has me knowing we need to tread lightly, but I am not sure which way to tread when town has certain habits from game to game that I consider "bad" that are unalterable once unleashed.

Rabble Rouser satisfies the American addiction to alliteration requirements in any conversation.

just saw your post Sam. I haven't had alot to saw on the ongoing drama because I think it's mostly a distraction.

I had this problem game three as well. It's hard to pick up who the scum is when drama is going on. I figured getting Rosie talking will get others as well and flush out the scum

I don't know what to make of Moonglow's play TBH. Part of it seems like he is trying to sacrifice himself by drawing a NK by dropping in he has a role, maybe drawing the shot from both scum teams to get a no kill; part of seems like maybe he just wants out; part of it feels like maybe he didn't like his role and was trying to force a do-over; and some of it feels like it could be just trying to confirm himself officially first because of the static he got leading into the start of Day 1. It just didn't feel like a scum play to me. I could probably hammer him to avoid a no lynch, but I am also pondering whether a No Lynch would be better now than later. This set up has me knowing we need to tread lightly, but I am not sure which way to tread when town has certain habits from game to game that I consider "bad" that are unalterable once unleashed.

Rabble Rouser satisfies the American addiction to alliteration requirements in any conversation.

I think he is just playing as himself. Which is why I tend to think he is town at the moment

How nerderfifi

I think he is just playing as himself. Which is why I tend to think he is town at the moment

I resemble that remark....

just saw your post Sam. I haven't had alot to saw on the ongoing drama because I think it's mostly a distraction.

I had this problem game three as well. It's hard to pick up who the scum is when drama is going on. I figured getting Rosie talking will get others as well and flush out the scum

Drama is not necessarily bad. The Wolf-Aye thing is probably unproductive--I mostly just try to identify those type posts from the first few words and bleach them from my brain without processing as best I can-- but when I left last night, I thought a lot of progress was being made around the Moonglow aftermath and by morning it seemed like we were where we always end up---so turned around we are rearending ourselves.

Drama is not necessarily bad. The Wolf-Aye thing is probably unproductive--I mostly just try to identify those type posts from the first few words and bleach them from my brain without processing as best I can-- but when I left last night, I thought a lot of progress was being made around the Moonglow aftermath and by morning it seemed like we were where we always end up---so turned around we are rearending ourselves.

This is the second time you've mentioned a conflict between me and Wolf. Unless I'm missing something, there is none. She mentioned that I'd jump on a wagon if it's for her or TN. I told her she was wrong, that I had never said anything like that. I've never mentioned in this game that either her or TN is scum, so why would she assume I'd vote for her? You seem to be reading something that I'm not, so tell me why.

LOLOL! Aw-right, aw-right, aw-right! Let's converse, then, shall we?

<got wine, snuggling in>

Regards from Rosie

I must have missed where he said he had a role other than he was town.

Vote Count 1.2

fireice.jpg

Avatar4321 (2): Shaitra, Sgt_Gath
CafeAuLait (2): House, Sameech
Moonglow (2): tn5421, Wolfsister77
House (1): CafeAuLait
Shaitra (1): Grandma
Sgt_Gath (1): AyeCantSeeYou
tn5421 (1): Moonglow

Not Voting (6): Rosie, Mertex, BobPlumb, FA_Q2, MeBelle60, Avatar4321

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!
Deadline is 8/26/14, @1pm central.