Official USMB Mafia Game #1

I'm still waiting for someone other than Avatar to make a case for his defense.

Much easier than making the case for. Guilty until proven innocent.

If I don't survive it's been a pleasure living in the town with you guys. We could have made a good town if not for them.

Don't forget. You lynch me and the scum win. I'm out.

It might be nothing, but what do we know about Avatar outside of this game?

He is a man of faith for whom I suspect lying causes some level of discomfort, even in a game like this.

Notice how using the word 'scum' instead of 'mafia' can turn every one of these posts from a lie to not technically a lie, if he is indeed mafia. I found these four pretty easily and there were many search hits I didn't check. But I couldn't find one single post where Avatar denies being 'mafia'.

i think mani has exposed himself as scum.

R.D's really weak excuse for voting for me and Mani's cries for protections make me think that Mani and R.D are the scum now.

In fact, it makes me think you are more likely scum because you come back after the votings lynched blackflag and try to vote for me so you can make this very argument.

Don't forget. You lynch me and the scum win. I'm out.

And yet it can be a very simple explanation as well. Back on day one several people claimed they were not mafia and they looked very suspicious for doing so. Avatar may not have said he wasn't mafia because it makes people think you are lying. Heck, it's one of the reasons that you are suspicious to me. You claim to be town. Why should I believe you?

And yet it can be a very simple explanation as well. Back on day one several people claimed they were not mafia and they looked very suspicious for doing so. Avatar may not have said he wasn't mafia because it makes people think you are lying. Heck, it's one of the reasons that you are suspicious to me. You claim to be town. Why should I believe you?

I haven't once voted for a person lynched. Do you really think I'm good enough at this game to pull that off if I were mafia?

I've made what I believe is a convincing enough case against Avatar to conclude that lynching him is the odds on best chance for the town. The only arguments he's made against me is my suspicion of him. He hasn't offered anything of real substance. Because I haven't given him anything substantial to work with... because I'm not trying to muddy the picture, I'm only trying to make sense of it.

Again, if anybody can make a case that someone else is a better roll of the dice than Avatar at this point, I'm all ears.

I haven't once voted for a person lynched. Do you really think I'm good enough at this game to pull that off if I were mafia?

I don't see the relevance here. You didn't vote for the first person lynched. I believe you were pinked before the final vote on day 2 and you weren't back before the vote was finalized on day 3. So you didn't have a chance to vote for 2 out of the 3.

I don't see the relevance here. You didn't vote for the first person lynched. I believe you were pinked before the final vote on day 2 and you weren't back before the vote was finalized on day 3. So you didn't have a chance to vote for 2 out of the 3.

I still logged a vote in the second, and tried for the third before I realized it was a done deal.

It might not be that much, but I still say the evidence against Avatar is overwhelmingly more damning than the evidence against me.

I'm still waiting for someone to make a case against anyone else.

I don't have time to discuss this right now, but will be back later.

My suggestion is that we all wait until the last minute to declare our votes....right before the deadline, that way scum doesn't have time to try and talk us out of it.

We can continue discussing who we think it might be, but not cast our vote till the last.

Just a suggestion.

screw that.

either vote for me or vote for avatar and let's be done with this already.

again, unless somebody wants to make a case against someone else...

screw that.

either vote for me or vote for avatar and let's be done with this already.

again, unless somebody wants to make a case against someone else...

I don't know about waiting till the deadline. But I don't see why everyone should rush to judgment. The only person that is benefited with a rush to judgment is the scum.

As for some of your more recently accusations:

1) scum and mafia are pretty much interchangeable.
2) You're right, I don't have an easy time lying. That doesn't make me mafia or scum or whatever you want to call me.
3) You're lying about my argument against you. In fact, if all there was is your suspicion of me, I wouldn't have voted for you. See, I want to win this game. And i get lynched this round, the mafia wins. I was leaning towards voting for dblack until you begged the doctor to protect you and dblack in order to survive into future rounds.

It's a very odd request at this stage. Yes, if the scum wins this round doctor protection is all we can hope on to stay in this game. But if the scum get the doctor to vote for them, they win. Or if they get the doctor to vote for someone else and then kill another person, they win.

Then you compounded it by claiming you weren't thinking about future rounds when you obviously were. You were caught lying and you started backpedaling.

Then we have R.D.s extremely odd justification for voting for me. Citing a post by Rosie where she said me and SB ought to be the scum together in the next round but that she thought we were townies this round. She was right about SB being a townie. I don't know if she investigated her or me or someone else, but she was our officer and said she thought I was innocent. You don't think it's just a little odd that I am being lynched by R.D. Because Rosie said he thought I was innocent?

And now despite you thinking we shouldn't have rushed to lynch blackflag you are rushing to lynch me. You're suspicious of me because i consistently voted for someone who every single person on this thread except, conveniently, you thought was suspicious. And the only reason we don't have something from you saying he was suspicious is likely because weren't around until after we voted and could conveniently say that. If we are all suspecting him and yet somehow you are the only one who know he isn't guilty. Something only Rosie or the scum could have known.

No, my evidence isn't that you are going after me. It's the fact that i keep catching you lying. It's the fact that you have a weak case against me. It's the fact that you are reaching out for the doctor to protect you. It's the fact that you demand everyone else provide argument why I am not the scum instead of providing argument that I am.

You keep bringing up the votes. Yeah. I am 1/3 for picking scum. You're 0 for 3 for picking scum.

I started today thinking you and R.D were likely innocent. I was thinking more mertex, shaitra, or dblack as the scum. But the two of you are acting quickly to lynch me and for weak and even completely illogical reasons. Why are you afraid of taking time to make sure we have this right?

Contrary to your opinion i was not trying to rush through a vote for blackflag yesterday. I presumed we would all take our vote and discuss which of the people we voted for was the best and why. Then people would shift their votes around. I was thinking of shifting my vote. But i thought id wait to see how the others went. But i get back from work and the whole group shifted to blackflag.

I am not afraid to take time for this vote. I am not going to be exposing myself if I talk more or we discuss things. But you and R.D, the more you speak the more suspicious you are. So I can understand why you want to Rush to judgment. Especially when you win if another townie dies.

OK, it took a while, but here is the order of votes cast against blackflag.

Mebelle - vanilla townie
R.D. - ??
Shaitra - ??
Mertex - ?? <<-technically the deciding vote, although possibly not aware at the time of how it works.
dblack - (suspected vanilla townie)

Avatar tried to change her pick to me after the fact, which wouldn't have changed the outcome regardless.

Yup, I'm still leaning toward Avatar... heavily.

Actually my vote had been firmly for you...it wasn't until everyone else had gone with BF that I decided to go ahead and change my vote, because I thought it was needed and if I didn't change it nobody would get lynched, and I was afraid the mafia would take me out that night. I didn't have strong feelings that BF was mafia because he wasn't saying much, almost like he didn't care.

That's not fair, you were gone when we voted for SB and BF, so of course you didn't vote for them.

The fact that you were gone (if you are mafia) makes it sort of unfair because we couldn't asses your votes - there weren't any, so at this point I'm not caring too much if you all take me out....next time we should have players that are here the whole time, so everyone is on the same level playing field. Sorry, [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION], but as soon as a player is gone, another should take their place, or the player just removed.

I noticed that dblack has been very quiet the last few pages. Is he scum laughing that we are doing all his work for him?

Either Avatar or R.D. is mafia, I can at least be certain of that now.

Here is why. If they were both town, then the two remaining mafia would have jumped on the two votes already cast for Avatar(mine and RD's) and won the game. So the only explanation for that not happening is that at least one of them is mafia. Obviously if Avatar is mafia, RD probably isn't, and the second mafia player wouldn't jump on the vote for sure. If Avatar is town and RD is mafia, then they'd need at least one more townie to vote Avatar before they'd have enough to lynch.

Does anybody suspect R.D. at this point?

In the mean time I'm changing my vote:

Vote: No vote.

Sorry, [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION], but as soon as a player is gone, another should take their place, or the player just removed.

That's usually how it works, but because this is a brand new game outside the original site; I was very worried about finding a member to play this game out of the blue, without prior knowledge. Also there's usually at least one back-up player who jumps in should situations like this happen. Basically Mafia's on a new frontier, and the gamescape is very delicate at first, until it becomes established. I do appreciate you making that point, Mertex, and would be willing to talk more with you guys about it post-game. :smiliehug:

Mani's temp ban does not inch him into either the Town or Scum slot.

Last edited:
Until now it's been pretty much all shots in the dark and luck. But now I am almost certain due to educated guesswork Avatar is mafia.

The further the discussion went yesterday only firmed up my suspicions. To make the claim if he is lynched the game is over is a last ditched effort to try convince us he's the Dr.

Wake pretty much told us that BlackFlag was a townie. And Mani picked up on that.

Wake was going to nudge BlackFlag for not playing. If BlackFlag wasn't playing, then that meant BlackFlag wasn't the one who was voting in the middle of the night to kill people.

So we voted out someone who was no threat on Avatars pushing. Mani saw that. He also blasted the integrity of the game because the timeline is not firm. I don't think Mani is mafia for this reason, I thought he was at that point. It was dumb of me but deliberate of mafia members
I don't know if mani's ban prevented him from communicating with his partner. But presuming it did prevent them from communicating, I'd assume the partner took care of the kills without him. Same way they would handle it if one of them was lynched.

Here the accusation is clear he thinks Mani is mafia, but he still pushed to lynch BF, pretending to waffle btwn the two. I doubt he missed the clues Wake passed on, he just didnt share them like Mani did. But the mafia team can discuss privately their moves. Since Mani was already on some lists, thanks Avatar and Mertex, taking out BF was a good plan.

What the heck

Vote:Manifold. Should have done it this afternoon.

Dont even know if I can change votes after we've reached a majority but before wake counts.

Yes, you do know. It's been discussed because I asked after the first vote ended before the set deadline. By the phoney changing of your vote you tried to appear confused. You were just setting the stage for the next vote.

Rosie pushed hard for Mertex, Avatar proclaimed Mertex was not red and poof...Rosie was killed that night. He has also gone from calling them reds to scum, another attempt to distance himself??

I'm accused of being too quiet :)lol:, as if) then accused because I'm not....by Avatar. This may be our last night, so I'm thinking out loud, a lot.

From my perspective, I've whittled it down to no worse than a coin toss. As I said in my previous post, I am now certain that either Avatar or RD are mafia, possibly both but highly unlikely. I don't think I can get any closer than a coin toss, so I can tell everyone now that I will only be casting my vote for one of them, and this is where I'm looking to others to help me decide which.

I agree that both RD and Avatar look suspicious. I need to look back through the thread and see if I can find sometrhing that convinces me to go one way or the other. But I still think dblack is too quiet.

I agree that both RD and Avatar look suspicious. I need to look back through the thread and see if I can find sometrhing that convinces me to go one way or the other. But I still think dblack is too quiet.

I'm quiet because I'm thinking. That's hard for me. ;) This is actually a fascinating test case for me. The arguments being made tilt me toward voting for Avatar. But my gut tells me mani (methinks he doth protest too much...).

Also, I'm being slightly lazy. I have three or four pages of posts to scour over for discrepancies. I'll have something to say by noon EST.

Forum List

Back