Official State of the Union Thread

Exactly. It still doesn't stop leftists from claiming that "parties switched".

How did the Democrat South become Red States? The Democrats moved out & Republicans moved in?

I believe it was after the 1964 Civil Rights Act was passed with almost no democrat support when the southerners realized they were more closely aligned with the Republicans.

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW.

How uninformed are you?

If you had a fucking brain, you would know this:

The Vote on the 1964 Civil Rights act was REGIONAL>

Democrats AND Republicans in the South voted against it

Democrats & Republicans outside the South voted for it.

I wish you assfucks would take some time from posting & get a fucking education.

My God.

"Democrats AND Republicans in the South voted against it"

How many of each?

By the way, how about you finish that list of names I asked from you earlier...

House: Nine percent of Confederacy Democrats, zero percent of Confederacy Republicans.
Senate: Five percent of Confed Dems, zero percent of Confed Repubs.

Rest of the nation: Ayes were 95% of Democrats / 85% Repubs in the House, and 98 to 84 (D/R) in the House.

>> You can see that geography was far more predictive of voting coalitions on the Civil Rights than party affiliation. What linked Dirksen and Mansfield was the fact that they weren't from the south. In fact, 90% of members of Congress from states (or territories) that were part of the Union voted in favor of the act, while less than 10% of members of Congress from the old Confederate states voted for it. This 80pt difference between regions is far greater than the 15pt difference between parties.

But what happens when we control for both party affiliation and region? As Sean Trende noted earlier this year, "sometimes relationships become apparent only after you control for other factors".

bothcivilrights.jpeg

In this case, it becomes clear that Democrats in the north and the south were more likely to vote for the bill than Republicans in the north and south respectively. This difference in both houses is statistically significant with over 95% confidence. It just so happened southerners made up a larger percentage of the Democratic than Republican caucus, which created the initial impression than Republicans were more in favor of the act.
Nearly 100% of Union state Democrats supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act compared to 85% of Republicans. None of the southern Republicans voted for the bill, while a small percentage of southern Democrats did.
The same pattern holds true when looking at ideology instead of party affiliation. The folks over at Voteview.com, who created DW-nominate scores to measure the ideology of congressmen and senators, found that the more liberal a congressman or senator was the more likely he would vote for the Civil Rights Act of 1964, once one controlled for a factor closely linked to geography. <<​

This ^^ is your brain on facts. Any questions?

We've done this before. Yet here you are running the same shit expecting different results.

Oh and we've done this "fill in this list" too, which we did fill in, yet ditto.

would the bill have passed without republican votes? simple question. would it have failed if no republicans voted for it? second simple question.

It was a bi-partisan vote and that was good for the country. We need more bi-partisan votes and we need to silence the radicals on both sides. Trump asked for just that in the SOTU speech and the dems sat on their hands. There is no question which party is the party of obstruction.

Golly, Fla, don't let me dissuade you or divert you from your mission of backing up Trump's totally asinine convictions that drug smuggling will decrease if we spend $25 billion for a wall.

its been proven that walls reduce illegal entry, and its 5 B, not 25 B. All the dems who now oppose it voted for it twice during obozo's reign.

Do you have links for either of these "proven facts"? I mean other than Trump's fertile imagination?

Border patrol chief: Wall will 'most certainly' help secure southern border

Mayor of Nogales, AZ. "Remove the wall wire. It is not needed and is an eyesore." Mayor of El Paso, "The wall has nothing to do with our city being safe".

both democrats, right? its sad that those partisan mayors put party above the safety of their cities, are they on the payroll of the cartels?

It is sad that people who don't live here, like you, buy in to all the crap that Trump manufactures about a "crisis" here that does not exist.

its been proven that walls reduce illegal entry, and its 5 B, not 25 B. All the dems who now oppose it voted for it twice during obozo's reign.

Do you have links for either of these "proven facts"? I mean other than Trump's fertile imagination?

Mayor of Nogales, AZ. "Remove the wall wire. It is not needed and is an eyesore." Mayor of El Paso, "The wall has nothing to do with our city being safe".

both democrats, right? its sad that those partisan mayors put party above the safety of their cities, are they on the payroll of the cartels?

It is sad that people who don't live here, like you, buy in to all the crap that Trump manufactures about a "crisis" here that does not exist.

So, there are no illegals coming across the border? no drugs? no human trafficers? no sex slave trafficers? no coyotes? no illegal crossings at all, right?

no murders and rapes of American citizens by illegal aliens? What planet do you live on?

So, there are no illegals coming across the border? no drugs? no human trafficers? no sex slave trafficers? no coyotes? no illegal crossings at all, right?

no murders and rapes of American citizens by illegal aliens? What planet do you live on?

I live 35 miles from the border, and I have not locked my door in 9 years.

How did the Democrat South become Red States? The Democrats moved out & Republicans moved in?

I believe it was after the 1964 Civil Rights Act was passed with almost no democrat support when the southerners realized they were more closely aligned with the Republicans.

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW.

How uninformed are you?

If you had a fucking brain, you would know this:

The Vote on the 1964 Civil Rights act was REGIONAL>

Democrats AND Republicans in the South voted against it

Democrats & Republicans outside the South voted for it.

I wish you assfucks would take some time from posting & get a fucking education.

My God.

"Democrats AND Republicans in the South voted against it"

How many of each?

By the way, how about you finish that list of names I asked from you earlier...

House: Nine percent of Confederacy Democrats, zero percent of Confederacy Republicans.
Senate: Five percent of Confed Dems, zero percent of Confed Repubs.

Rest of the nation: Ayes were 95% of Democrats / 85% Repubs in the House, and 98 to 84 (D/R) in the House.

>> You can see that geography was far more predictive of voting coalitions on the Civil Rights than party affiliation. What linked Dirksen and Mansfield was the fact that they weren't from the south. In fact, 90% of members of Congress from states (or territories) that were part of the Union voted in favor of the act, while less than 10% of members of Congress from the old Confederate states voted for it. This 80pt difference between regions is far greater than the 15pt difference between parties.

But what happens when we control for both party affiliation and region? As Sean Trende noted earlier this year, "sometimes relationships become apparent only after you control for other factors".

bothcivilrights.jpeg

In this case, it becomes clear that Democrats in the north and the south were more likely to vote for the bill than Republicans in the north and south respectively. This difference in both houses is statistically significant with over 95% confidence. It just so happened southerners made up a larger percentage of the Democratic than Republican caucus, which created the initial impression than Republicans were more in favor of the act.
Nearly 100% of Union state Democrats supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act compared to 85% of Republicans. None of the southern Republicans voted for the bill, while a small percentage of southern Democrats did.
The same pattern holds true when looking at ideology instead of party affiliation. The folks over at Voteview.com, who created DW-nominate scores to measure the ideology of congressmen and senators, found that the more liberal a congressman or senator was the more likely he would vote for the Civil Rights Act of 1964, once one controlled for a factor closely linked to geography. <<​

This ^^ is your brain on facts. Any questions?

We've done this before. Yet here you are running the same shit expecting different results.

Oh and we've done this "fill in this list" too, which we did fill in, yet ditto.

would the bill have passed without republican votes? simple question. would it have failed if no republicans voted for it? second simple question.

It was a bi-partisan vote and that was good for the country. We need more bi-partisan votes and we need to silence the radicals on both sides. Trump asked for just that in the SOTU speech and the dems sat on their hands. There is no question which party is the party of obstruction.

LOOK DOOD. The poster posed a question and I gave him the figures, and presumably not the ones he expected. Full stop.

Oh and he was trying to make the same point you just tried to make, and it blew back in his face, didn't it.

Then you're a moron. I've lived my entire adult life in Arizona, and apparently unlike you, I pay attention to what's ACTUALLY happening, rather than my own anecdotal experience of what I'm "sure" is happening.

Where does Arizona rank among America’s most violent states?

In addition to an above-average violent crime rate, the incidences of property crime, larceny, and motor vehicle theft in Arizona are each among the 10 highest compared with other states.

Then you're a moron. I've lived my entire adult life in Arizona, and apparently unlike you, I pay attention to what's ACTUALLY happening, rather than my own anecdotal experience of what I'm "sure" is happening.

In addition to an above-average violent crime rate, the incidences of property crime, larceny, and motor vehicle theft in Arizona are each among the 10 highest compared with other states.

...and I live in Southern AZ, 35 miles from the border, and have not locked my door in 9 years, and serve on the Sheriff Auxiliary Volunteers in my community and regularly cross the border at Nogales for dental work and restaurants, and have never had anything but pleasant experiences. In fact, compared to New Orleans, which was my last home, this is as safe a place as you can find.

these are not the worst of times. the most popular play of Broadway is one of Aaron Burr shooting Alexander Hamilton. politics has always been complicated. dont just blame Trump

these are not the worst of times. the most popular play of Broadway is one of Aaron Burr shooting Alexander Hamilton. politics has always been complicated. dont just blame Trump

There is nothing complicated about Trump. We had a kid just like him that we always had to deal with at recess in the 5th grade.

...and I live in Southern AZ, 35 miles from the border, and have not locked my door in 9 years, and serve on the Sheriff Auxiliary Volunteers in my community and regularly cross the border at Nogales for dental work and restaurants, and have never had anything but pleasant experiences. In fact, compared to New Orleans, which was my last home, this is as safe a place as you can find.

"Never mind your statistics. There's no danger because nothing bad has happened to me! Everyone knows I'm the center of the universe!"

Gosh, who shall I believe? AZ Dept of Public Safety, or dickhead on the Internet? Decisions, decisions.

"Never mind your statistics. There's no danger because nothing bad has happened to me! Everyone knows I'm the center of the universe!"

Gosh, who shall I believe? AZ Dept of Public Safety, or dickhead on the Internet? Decisions, decisions.

Now, now, Cece, don't get your panties in a wad....

The problem is the fact that if Trump says the word Russia, you people make it a conspiracy......he has had less contact with them then the Clintons.....so yes those FACTS do prove that you are full of shit.

And since when have you cared about due process and whether people have been charged or found guilty?

if you believe that, then tell the media and your leftists friends they shouldn't accuse Trump without evidence...but you wont', because you're full of shit

Trump denied it. Why?

Did the Russians help Hillary or did they help Trump?

Certainly you are so fucking stupid as to count her contacts as SofS.

And how did the Russians help Trump?

It seems to me the democrats rigged a primary for Clinton...fact
They conspired with a british agent who spoke to Russians to make up a dossier...fact
They worked with the FBI to spy on Trump's campaign...fact
They used this document (which is unverified and patently ridiculous) to spy on Trump....fact
The FBI then released this dossier to the media (Buzzfeed I believe)...fact

So what do we have on the Trump side

They met with a Russian lawyer over the pretext that she had dirt on Clinton...fact
She had no dirt and they spoke about the Maginksy Act....fact

So I would say Clinton worked with the Russians much much more

And Clinton wouldn't have pulled out of the INF (Putin HATES that)
She would have allowed the Iran deal to exist
She would have ignored N Korea and let them keep firing missiles over our allies.

So I would say the Russians would like her agenda much much more as well

Fact is there was no collusion from Trump's side, but tons from Clintons.

So you have one side who created a plitica document used to spy

So, blah blah blah what about Clinton?? Is this all you Trumpettes can offer?

Our intelligence agencies said Russia helped Trump.

They used misinformation & lies to dupe feeble minded people like you into actually voting for a con man piece of shit like Trump.

The Clinton campaign hired an opposition research firm that sent one of their employees to Russia to see what Trump was doing there. That is not colluding with the Russians.

Trump has favored Russia in sevetral instances. He dilly dallued for mopnths to enat Congressional ordered sanctions.

He just got some sanctions removed
He has allowed Putin to build mid range missiles without any treaty.
He warmed Russia of an air strike against Syria (who warned Syria) & we bombed an empty airfield.
He agreed with the Russia invasion of Afghanistan.
He creates havoc within NATO - Putin's biggest wish
He creates havoc in the EU - to weaken that would benefit Russia
He gives Putin the OK to kill off as many political rivals as they want when he said what they do within their country is their business.

Clinton would not have pulled out on the INF treaty & if she had , you would be running ion circles, waving your arms about & screaming OMG OMG OMG

Thank God she keeping the Iran deal

She would not have ignored NK. She had proposed sanction many times.

One of Trump's campaign members was caught in a wiretap on a Russian and you think that is not cause for concern? You lie about this?

What the fuck kind 0f American are you? Trump has lied about his business in Russisa. He lied about his campaign's contact with Russia. He is hiding his business relation with banks with ties to Russia. He is favoring Putin over our allies?
And you protect this action without even demanding an investigation?
You might as well pack your shit & move top Russia so you'll be closer to kissing Vlad's ass.

Our intelligence agencies? When did you start trusting them?

And when did you guys start hating the Russians?

I though Obama mocked Romney saying Russia was a threat
...something about the 80s wanting their foreign policy back?

He imposed more sanctions on Russia...

INF
Russia didn't care about the treaty from their side, they violated the agreement several times
As for Clinton, I've seen her decisions on foreign policy, I wouldn't trust her with any.....Libya, Syria, Egypt, were all disasters
And she just watched ISIS grow and kill people.......and just said sorry, we cant do anything....the one place we had troops, she didn't act...WTF????

On N Korea
What sanctions did she impose?
And how would those have made it any better?
It's better we are talking to NKorea and they aren't launching missiles
We got our hostages back
Oh and we finally got our MIAs back after 60 years......I know you don't care..but it's nice for the families (it's called caring and compassion, look into it)
We have more leverage to make something happen.......ironically, you wanted to consider the policies that have failed miserably
I disagreed with him on the Afghanistan comment...you may want to learn to question your own side, atleast a little

NATO
Who cares?
Why are they still there?
And how is asking them to pay their fair share and what they said they would, helping Putin?

EU
How is he killing off the EU?
Brexit was before he got elected?
Whats wrong with countries leaving an outdated association?

Killing Rivals?
what is this nonsense?
What did Obama do to stop this kind of thing.....I cant wait to hear this

And again what did he lie about Russia...he didn't......move on
you really need to get out more. read different things and learn to verify stuff.....then you find out
Trump was never a racist
Trump never was a big Russian lover
and kids should not be killed.

Trump has changed his political views....but interestingly he has remained consistant on them from when he ran to now......unlike other people......*cough*Obama*cough*

Hillary Clinton knows more about foreign policy than Trump will ever know. Egypt? Really? In Libya, citizens were being slaughtered. You being a Trumpette don;t care what happens in other countries.

NATO remains very important. Putin hates it & I see you are helping him. Just like Trump does.

Trump has been attacking countries like Germany & France & trying to hurt them economically. Again another plus for Putin.

Obama called out Russia & condemned these actions. Trump supports them

Trump knows the Saudi prince killed that journalist & does nothing.

And everything you stated was happening in Iraq,thanks for supporting the Iraq invasion

And why would he take on the Saudis because they killed a jihadist?
You supported a guy who wouldn't get a marine out of Mexico, who did nothing wrong

"Don't get your panties in a wad" = "I know my position is bullshit, so I'm deflecting".

"Don't get your panties in a wad" = "I know my position is bullshit, so I'm deflecting".

There are two illegal aliens hiding under your bed. They will jump you one of these nights and force you to take drugs before raping you.

Forum List

Back