Officers with Bronze Star license plates least likely to have left FO

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
bronze-star-e1556734944659.jpg

WASHINGTON – A study released today found that officers who purchased non-valor Bronze Star license plates for their vehicles were 98% less likely to have left a forward operating base, or FOB, during a deployment than officers who did not purchase the plates.

The Pentagon spent two months and roughly $17 billion on the study, which was originally intended to determine why some officers were colossal douchebags while others were only slightly less so. A clear pattern emerged, according to the study’s researchers.

Okay, so it’s parody. This is one of my favorite sites for a good morning laugh. As an ex-personnel sergeant, I can tell you there is a huge amount of truth in this. During ‘Nam, officers were awarded non-valor Bronze Star Medals like enlisted personnel got Good Conduct Medals.

More of this
@ Officers with Bronze Star license plates least likely to have left FOB

As far as I know you have to have proof of the award before you can get the license plate. If they have such proof it seems that the details of their service is nobody's business but their own. A possible exception to the rule is when Officers self recommend themselves an award like John Kerry did during Vietnam as a result of an incident which would have netted him a Court Martial today.

Last edited:
A possible exception to the rule is when Officers self recommend themselves an award like John Kerry did during Vietnam as a result of an incident which would have netted him a Court Martial today.
Which medal are you trying to claim that Kerry awarded to himself? ... :dunno:

As a veteran, US Army 1970-71, I know that Purple Hearts must be signed off by a medic or physician. Medals like the Bronze Star must be signed off by the base commanding Officer; and Kerry's Silver Star was signed off by Admiral Zumwalt. .... :cool:

John Kerry military service controversy - Wikipedia

A possible exception to the rule is when Officers self recommend themselves an award like John Kerry did during Vietnam as a result of an incident which would have netted him a Court Martial today.
Which medal are you trying to claim that Kerry awarded to himself? ... :dunno:

As a veteran, US Army 1970-71, I know that Purple Hearts must be signed off by a medic or physician. Medals like the Bronze Star must be signed off by the base commanding Officer; and Kerry's Silver Star was signed off by Admiral Zumwalt. .... :cool:

John Kerry military service controversy - Wikipedia

And Zumwalt had close connections with Kerry's family.

Staff Officers Hope for War With Iran to End Bronze Star Drought. @ Staff Officers Hope for War With Iran to End Bronze Star Drought.

bronze-star-massachussetts.jpg

THE PENTAGON—Many U.S. military staff officers are hoping for war with Iran, Duffel Blog has learned. These officers cite two reasons, sources familiar with the subject report: First, the U.S. has already gone to war with two of Iran’s neighbors and is familiar with the region. Second, many strategists believe the Iranian military machine will be defeated quickly, leading to a quick award of bronze stars before an even quicker departure from the ancient country.

A staff officer’s Good Conduct Medal

Forum List

Back