Off-peak electric savings.

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
I just got my first electric bill using off-peak hours/rates. I saved $20 on my monthly bill. No inconvenience at all, just try to use most electricity between 9 PM and 10 AM. Mainly AC, washer and dryer, distilling water, making coffee, hair dryer, toaster oven (anything that produces heat uses a lot of electricity). I'm a happy camper.

Sounds like a lot of trouble for less than a dollar a day.
For most it is, as few take advantage of it. No real trouble for me. It is another way to save money, if saving money is important to one. Also not important to most.

I just got my first electric bill using off-peak hours/rates. I saved $20 on my monthly bill. No inconvenience at all, just try to use most electricity between 9 PM and 10 AM. Mainly AC, washer and dryer, distilling water, making coffee, hair dryer, toaster oven (anything that produces heat uses a lot of electricity). I'm a happy camper.

Not an option here. You get charged the same rate regardless. The municipal contract has a peak formula built into it that determines the overall rates for the year. I forget if it is 4 or 5 days but basically the formula sets our uniform rate base charge for the year based on those 4 or 5 peak days a year so we really overpay IMO. The reason we overpay is because in addition to that being the actual base charge, part of our rate is also their pass through charge. While the city claims they make no profit off electricity, I find that very hard to believe.

Forum List

Back