Ocean acidifying at unprecedented rate

The current rate of acidification is, at least, an order of magnitude greater than any that could be identified in the geological record which included a number of catastrophic extinction events. But, hey, you're not worried. Studies show that the biological response to slow changes is significatly different than the very rapid change that human CO2 emissions are causing. But, hey, you're not worried.

And why aren't you worried? Because you don't think we know enough yet.

Last edited:
The current rate of acidification is, at least, an order of magnitude greater than any that could be identified in the geological record which included a number of catastrophic extinction events. But, hey, you're not worried. Studies show that the biological response to slow changes is significatly different than the very rapid change that human CO2 emissions are causing. But, hey, you're not worried.

We're not worried because we have brains and understand how the world works (to a point). You, on the other hand, have demonstrated that you know NOTHING about the basics of science and are no better than the savages sacrificing virgins to the volcano God.

How much CO2 must be added to the oceans to lower the pH from 8.25 to 8.15?
Wikipedia: Ocean Acidification

Between 1751 and 1994 surface ocean pH is estimated to have decreased from approximately 8.25 to 8.14,[5] representing an increase of almost 30% in H+ ion concentration in the world's oceans.[6][7]

Off the top of my head, I'd say "shitloads". Why?

Yeah that's what I thought too....probably way more than is in earth's entire atmosphere

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

How much CO2 must be added to the oceans to lower the pH from 8.25 to 8.15?
Wikipedia: Ocean Acidification

Between 1751 and 1994 surface ocean pH is estimated to have decreased from approximately 8.25 to 8.14,[5] representing an increase of almost 30% in H+ ion concentration in the world's oceans.[6][7]

Off the top of my head, I'd say "shitloads". Why?

Yeah that's what I thought too....probably way more than is in earth's entire atmosphere

You're aware of the volume of water in the oceans, correct?

We're not worried because we have brains and understand how the world works (to a point). You, on the other hand, have demonstrated that you know NOTHING about the basics of science and are no better than the savages sacrificing virgins to the volcano God.

To be a claimed ocean engineer he seems to have endless reserves of ignorance regarding the ocean.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I can show you a great deal more peer reviewed studies showing harmful affects from ocean acidification than you can produce concluding the opposite. So I'm not talking about what I know about the ocean or what you do not, I am talking about what the world's scientists have found. I think it's a pretty good assumption that they know more than either of us.

I can show you a great deal more peer reviewed studies showing harmful affects from ocean acidification than you can produce concluding the opposite. So I'm not talking about what I know about the ocean or what you do not, I am talking about what the world's scientists have found. I think it's a pretty good assumption that they know more than either of us.

And MOST of the time -- you assume that are writing about all the definitive stuff you IMAGINE.. But actually, they are telling you how much they don't know.. You just don't see that part from reading abstracts or lists of Titles copied from the Wiki..

To be a claimed ocean engineer he seems to have endless reserves of ignorance regarding the ocean.

Every time one of you makes one of these "claimed ocean engineer" cracks I can only smile cause I know it means you haven't got shit about whatever we're actually talking about.

And MOST of the time -- you assume that are writing about all the definitive stuff you IMAGINE.. But actually, they are telling you how much they don't know.. You just don't see that part from reading abstracts or lists of Titles copied from the Wiki..

Shall we start putting up papers? We can find out if you have the faintest fuck of an idea what you're talking about.

Shall we start putting up papers? We can find out if you have the faintest fuck of an idea what you're talking about.

If this farce still continues when I decide to give up my present field, I just might go for credentials in a related field of Climate Science. Your fellow believers tho -- will likely be hiding in the bushes by then. :eusa_shifty:

Forum List

Back