Ocean acidification

Im off to bed now azzhole you go on and spam the thread to try and redirect and cover your embarrassment... I will fix it later LOL

Way too fun spanking you tonight.... You are in rare form.... LOL

By the standards by which one would judge Watts to have been a meteorologist, I would be considered a Geologists. He was not and never will be a meteorologist, I am not a Geologist. Both titles demand that one earn a degree.

LOL, my god man you are so utterly pathetic....

You are without a rope and drowning in this lie and you will continue on telling it no matter what...... Well its your funeral douchebag...

He was a meteorologist AMS sealed and certified, how he got it means squat. They are experts and they accredited him. There was no grandfathering you idiot he wasn't alive before the AMS seal. Whether he has a degree or not I have no Idea, but I do know he had to fulfill these requirements to get his AMS seal and I believe to get a job as a meteorologist for a television station and hold that job for 25 years, he had to have some kind of education or training in it.

Once more the requirements....

REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AMS SEAL OF APPROVAL PROGRAM
Applications for the AMS Seal of Approval Program will be accepted until 31 December 2008. After that date, only applications for the AMS Certified Broadcast Meteorologist Program will be accepted. In order to be eligible to apply for the AMS Seal of Approval, applicants must meet the requirements listed under one of the below sections.

(A) Hold a Bachelor's (or higher) degree in meteorology or atmospheric science.

(B) Hold a Bachelor's degree (or higher) in "other sciences and engineering" and be engaged in an activity in which the applicant's knowledge is being applied to the advancement or application of the atmospheric or related sciences. Acceptable degrees will be determined after a review of the applicant's college/university transcripts. Arts and humanities are not included; therefore, degrees in English, literature, philosophy, languages, journalism, communications and business administration would not lead to eligibility for Seal application. In addition to a degree in a related science, applicants must also have completed at least 12 semester credit hours in meteorology with 8 of the 12 credits in core classes (a minimum of 2 credits in each of 3 of the 5 core areas is required). See (C) for a description of the core areas.

(C) This set of requirements is intended to recognize individuals without a degree from an accredited institution but who have at least a minimal educational background in the underlying science and substantial experience in the field. Individuals accepted under this category must have at least 20 semester credit hours in meteorology with 12 of the 20 credits in core classes (a minimum of 2 credits in each of 4 of the 5 core areas is required). In addition, applicants must have 3 out of the last 5 years professional experience in the field. This requirement must be fulfilled by experience that requires independent analysis, interpretation and scientific judgment. It may not be fulfilled by experience that involves nothing more than routine observations or passing on information created by someone else.So then tell me about all your training in a related science and or all your years of experience the field doing actual research and data collecting, and such......

LOL you ignorant buffoon....

Even with the Grandfather clause, Watts could not make the grade, and was retired.

So then tell me about all your training in a related science and or all your years of experience the field doing actual research and data collecting, and such......

Come on you said you could qualify for a meteorologist.....

And here is exactly what that seal says. Note what is in red. In other words, the seal holder is not a professional meteorologist.

NAME) Earns the AMS Seal of Approval

(City, State): (Name) of (Station) has been awarded the Seal of Approval of the American Meteorological Society in recognition of the quality of (his/her) (television/radio) weather broadcasts.
The Seal is awarded by the Society to broadcast meteorologists who meet established criteria for scientific competence and effective communication skills in their weather presentations. Among radio and television meteorologists, the Seal of Approval is sought as a mark of distinction and a recognition of achievement in the communication of scientific information.
To earn the Seal of Approval, a broadcast meteorologist must apply to the Society, offering evidence of education and professional experience sufficient to meet established national standards, along with three examples of his or her work. The application is judged by a national board of examiners to assess four elements: technical competence, informational value, explanatory value, and communication skills.
Sealholders are highly respected among their peers. Professional meteorologists have confidence that weather presentations made by sealholders will be technically sound and responsibly delivered. The general public can have equal confidence in the quality and reliability of weather presentations made by broadcast meteorologists approved by the Society.
The American Meteorological Society was founded in 1919 as a nonprofit scientific and professional society. It is interdisciplinary in scope and actively promotes the development and dissemination of information of the atmospheric and related oceanic and hydrologic sciences. The Society currently has over 10,000 members from the United States, Canada and over 100 countries internationally.

Old Rocks, its fultile, you are arguing with an uneducated child who comes from the retard school of logic

These trolls have a read blogs like that of Watts, and have zero scientific background. So they blindly repeat what they have read, often changing the wording, the result being either ridulous, or hilarious.

And the blog posted linked to the peer reviwed articles in Nature and Science.

These trolls are not here to impart knowledge, or learn, they are here simply to ridicule and demonstrate the depths of their willfull ignorance. They do this extremely well.

Yup, hence why I'm not even going to bother when I already have shown with scientifically supported studies that his claims are all bullshit. If gcunt wants to continue to make an ass out of himself, so be it.

And here is exactly what that seal says. Note what is in red. In other words, the seal holder is not a professional meteorologist.

(City, State): (Name) of (Station) has been awarded the Seal of Approval of the American Meteorological Society in recognition of the quality of (his/her) (television/radio) weather broadcasts.
The Seal is awarded by the Society to broadcast meteorologists who meet established criteria for scientific competence and effective communication skills in their weather presentations. Among radio and television meteorologists, the Seal of Approval is sought as a mark of distinction and a recognition of achievement in the communication of scientific information.
To earn the Seal of Approval, a broadcast meteorologist must apply to the Society, offering evidence of education and professional experience sufficient to meet established national standards, along with three examples of his or her work. The application is judged by a national board of examiners to assess four elements: technical competence, informational value, explanatory value, and communication skills.
Sealholders are highly respected among their peers. Professional meteorologists have confidence that weather presentations made by sealholders will be technically sound and responsibly delivered. The general public can have equal confidence in the quality and reliability of weather presentations made by broadcast meteorologists approved by the Society.
The American Meteorological Society was founded in 1919 as a nonprofit scientific and professional society. It is interdisciplinary in scope and actively promotes the development and dissemination of information of the atmospheric and related oceanic and hydrologic sciences. The Society currently has over 10,000 members from the United States, Canada and over 100 countries internationally.

Old Rocks, its fultile, you are arguing with an uneducated child who comes from the retard school of logic

Dude seriously.... He is at least not a coward like you.. Whether I agree with oldsocks or not, or whether I approve of his methods, at least he stands and fights. And that is a lot more than I can say for you. Also he has yet to try the lame azz tactics you and your lackeys tried.. If I were him I would ask you to stop helping. The help of a coward who runs when he is wrong is no help at all.

You and your little fake scientist pals already did your little theatrical production. It was contrived BS from the start. Not one of you self-proclaimed scientists did anything more than troll and post irrelevant and already covered crap. So please DR. dumazz so back to hiding. You had your azz handed to you on this already...

Oh please put on another show where you and your pals discuss your favorite chemistry compounds...... THat was the most ridiculous display of contrived nonsense and BS I have ever seen on a web forum.... BRAVO! :clap2:

So then tell me about all your training in a related science and or all your years of experience the field doing actual research and data collecting, and such......

Not at all. I said that by the standards that Watts qualifies as a Meteorolist, I qualify as a Geologist. I also stated that was not the reality in this world. You have to finish college and get that degree to earn the title.

Three years doing field work for the Forest Service, core drilling, seismic mapping, simple field mapping, geological hazards studies on proposed roads. Wrote reports, inspected soils engineering field labs for equipment and method compliance.

Last class at a univesity, Eng. Geo. 470/570. Maintained an active interest in geology for the whole of my life, and have been on many field trips with working geologists holding Phds.

Not at all. I said that by the standards that Watts qualifies as a Meteorolist, I qualify as a Geologist. I also stated that was not the reality in this world. You have to finish college and get that degree to earn the title.

Three years doing field work for the Forest Service, core drilling, seismic mapping, simple field mapping, geological hazards studies on proposed roads. Wrote reports, inspected soils engineering field labs for equipment and method compliance.

Last class at a univesity, Eng. Geo. 470/570. Maintained an active interest in geology for the whole of my life, and have been on many field trips with working geologists holding Phds.

Gosh I've been to church alot and attended many baptisms and weddings. Want me to perform a ceremony for ya? Hooked up several dozen gas lines too. Want me to install your furance? Can't even begin to count how many episodes of mystery diagnois my wife has seen. Need a doctor?

Dude seriously.... He is at least not a coward like you.. Whether I agree with oldsocks or not, or whether I approve of his methods, at least he stands and fights. And that is a lot more than I can say for you. Also he has yet to try the lame azz tactics you and your lackeys tried.. If I were him I would ask you to stop helping. The help of a coward who runs when he is wrong is no help at all.

You and your little fake scientist pals already did your little theatrical production. It was contrived BS from the start. Not one of you self-proclaimed scientists did anything more than troll and post irrelevant and already covered crap. So please DR. dumazz so back to hiding. You had your azz handed to you on this already...

Oh please put on another show where you and your pals discuss your favorite chemistry compounds...... THat was the most ridiculous display of contrived nonsense and BS I have ever seen on a web forum.... BRAVO! :clap2:

Coward my ass. you've displayed already you don't give a shit about scientifically supported facts and act like a child and a troll. What you call coward I call acting like an adult and ignoring the screaming brat in the room, which is you.

Oh, bachelors in biochemistry (year of undergraduate research) , PhD in genetics, 5 years of postdoctoral research experience for a total of 11 years of research experience

Last edited:
[
Oh, bachelors in biochemistry (year of undergraduate research) , PhD in genetics, 5 years of postdoctoral research experience for a total of 11 years of research experience

Do they let you work on anything other than fruit flies?

So once again you have all the qualifications required? LOL, you idiot your busted, your precious source watch has been outed (by you) for being the partisan hack site we were already sure was the case, and instead of showing some class you try and lie and play a semantics game like a child...

Wow man, you have not one single moral/ethical part you will not sell to save your azz.... I really do feel sorry for you now...

Coward my ass. you've displayed already you don't give a shit about scientifically supported facts and act like a child and a troll. What you call coward I call acting like an adult and ignoring the screaming brat in the room, which is you.

Lets see.... I was in here arguing with another poster and then you and your lackey started in being insulting little douchebags... In fact your first post to me was an insult.... So you can stop projecting now troll boy....

LOL, DR.dumazz, you are about as likely to have a PHD as I am to be Barrack Obama..... You think you are the first internet fake scientist I have met? Dude you aren't even close to an original.... I just met another peer review internet pseudo-scientist a few months ago.... He had a hell of a lot better bullshit game than you do.... He claimed to be from the UK, turned out his IP was from Virginia. He posted the same kind of crap about peer review and education=right that you and oldsocks try to pull.

You are one of hundreds like you, all trolling the internet forums from their mothers basement. You feel inadequate but you see yourself a victim of one thing or another which made you so. Hence the liberal ideology.... Its tells you exactly what you want to hear. And tell you how you can save the planet, heal the sick for free, feed the hungry with just pennies a day, and even stop the bad people who tell you to get off your azz and do for yourself.

You are one more in a never ending parade of basement dwelling reclusive momma's boys, who try to play what they either wish they were or feel they could have been given the chance... Well pal if you want to be a scientist, get off your azz and go do it. Just don't waste my time and insult my intelligence with this tired old forum game.... Seen it azzhole...

You can always spot the moms basement dwelling recluse in a web forum.. He is the first one to try this kind of "Im a DR" or "I have a PHD so you must be quiet now"... Only a socially inept, agoraphobic with inadequacy issues would try such a lame and tired old tactic.... or a socially inept teenager which is another possibility.

DR. Dipshit, I have no PHD nor Masters Degree... Nope... Don't even have a BA.... I have no such abbreviations nor fancy acronyms to place either before or after my name.. But I have been working beside people with more acronyms and abbreviated titles and degrees than I bet you have ever even seen.

I am a lowly data analyst.... Yep I specialize in seeing patterns, or ambiguous/arbitrary information in complex or even conflicting sets of data. Sounds very impressive doesn't it.... LOL well There are about a thousand people doing exactly what I do all the time, some as contractors (like myself) and some at various buildings and installations for corporations, institutions, individuals and or governments. We are the types that no one cares to know, we are dull to the point of near coma-inducing. The only people who talk to us outside of telling us to get this or that done now, are the PHD's, the Masters holders and so on.

I been doing my job in one capacity or another for 21 years now. And currently work directly with 3 PHD's one Masters, 2 undergrads, and several other assistants, interns and general programmers. Oh and we have dozens of gophers too. And in all the time I have worked with men and women like these not one time has any of them tried to use their education as a means to intimidate, belittle, or shout me down. Sure we have had a few arrogant pricks but soon they see that people like us make them look brilliant.

I am the little person, a nobody who has a special talent for spotting the little things most overlook, and the balls to tell people with PHD's and Fancy titles about it.....

What disappointed? LOL you were hoping for a "my education is bigger than yours" pissing contest? HAHAHAHAHA! You would wouldn't you.... :lol:

Last edited:
From what I have read of Dr. Gregg's posts, I would say that it is likely that he has just what he claims. Unlike Si, he has demonstrated a firm grasp of science.

Which, gslack, you have constantly failed to do.

again

Rising Acidity in the Ocean: The Other CO 2 Problem: Scientific American

The planet’s seas quickly absorb 25 to 30 percent of humankind’s CO2 emissions and about 85 percent in the long run, as water and air mix at the ocean’s surface.

That careful balance has survived over time because of a near equilibrium among the acids emitted by volcanoes and the bases liberated by the weathering of rock. The pH of seawater has remained steady for millions of years. Before the industrial era began, the average pH at the ocean surface was about 8.2 (slightly basic; 7.0 is neutral). Today it is about 8.1.

Another source, from actual scientists, with actual numbers showing rising pH and reason's why the equilibrium is changing. You know, reasons educated, intelligent, trained scientists take into account, the real complexities of life.

lthough the change may seem small, similar natural shifts have taken 5,000 to 10,000 years. We have done it in 50 to 80 years. Ocean life survived the long, gradual change, but the current speed of acidification is very worrisome.

You fail to see how important pH is to animals, as it can seriously disrupt metabolic reactions, especially rapid changes that dont' allow animals to change to deal with the changing pH.

About 89 percent of the carbon dioxide dissolved in seawater takes the form of bicarbonate ion,

Just because you are ignorant of how small changes can have drastic effects on the ecology of the ocean, doesn't mean that little increase isn't having an effect

From what I have read of Dr. Gregg's posts, I would say that it is likely that he has just what he claims. Unlike Si, he has demonstrated a firm grasp of science.

Bullshit all he has done (like you) is come in here and parrot what he finds on green blogs and liberal media. They tell you to go here or there and look at this or that chart to prove it and you go. And big shock, it lacks context, accurate explanation and a transparent presentation of its true meaning in the bigger picture. But you don't think about any of that you just post it here and claim its definitive proof of a climate doomsday...

That is not a scientific approach and if you really think it is, that shows how much of a real scientist either of you are. I have yet to see any of you algorian climate prophecy believers ever show any accurate study of the data you post. It always the same tired rhetoric, "you aren't a scientist" or "I am a scientist" or an endless rambling of how this is how it is and no one should question it... Well moron thats the kind idiocy that allowed the Nazis, Napoleon, the church, and every other form of absolutism you can think off.

Ignorant tools who blindly follow without question are the bane of humanity, no matter what their intentions or what they are led to believe. They always tell us how its for our own good, how we are not smart or educated or good enough to understand it, so we need to just trust them. Yeah okay like the people of Germany trusted them, or the every other time people blindly follow.

You two are not scientists by any measure. A scientist by nature, first and foremost is an investigator. Their core is a desire for truth no matter what. Neither of you display this desire at all. The both of you desire to be right, and thats not scientific, thats ego-centric and decidedly not scientific.

So go and post more garbage tool, but leave the claims of science out of it because its Bullshit...

Bullshit all he has done (like you) is come in here and parrot what he finds on green blogs and liberal media. They tell you to go here or there and look at this or that chart to prove it and you go. And big shock, it lacks context, accurate explanation and a transparent presentation of its true meaning in the bigger picture. But you don't think about any of that you just post it here and claim its definitive proof of a climate doomsday...

That is not a scientific approach and if you really think it is, that shows how much of a real scientist either of you are. I have yet to see any of you algorian climate prophecy believers ever show any accurate study of the data you post. It always the same tired rhetoric, "you aren't a scientist" or "I am a scientist" or an endless rambling of how this is how it is and no one should question it... Well moron thats the kind idiocy that allowed the Nazis, Napoleon, the church, and every other form of absolutism you can think off.

Ignorant tools who blindly follow without question are the bane of humanity, no matter what their intentions or what they are led to believe. They always tell us how its for our own good, how we are not smart or educated or good enough to understand it, so we need to just trust them. Yeah okay like the people of Germany trusted them, or the every other time people blindly follow.

You two are not scientists by any measure. A scientist by nature, first and foremost is an investigator. Their core is a desire for truth no matter what. Neither of you display this desire at all. The both of you desire to be right, and thats not scientific, thats ego-centric and decidedly not scientific.

So go and post more garbage tool, but leave the claims of science out of it because its Bullshit...

Umm, scientifically supported studies, and those links cite actual scientists and their peer reviewed publications. You are the one parroting anti science nonsense, with absolutely no actual science to back it up. And your name calling gibberish filled rant is hardly a sound scientifically supported rationale.

Just another USMB troll not caring about the facts, just what they want to believe.

Last edited:
again

The planet’s seas quickly absorb 25 to 30 percent of humankind’s CO2 emissions and about 85 percent in the long run, as water and air mix at the ocean’s surface.

Another source, from actual scientists, with actual numbers showing rising pH and reason's why the equilibrium is changing. You know, reasons educated, intelligent, trained scientists take into account, the real complexities of life.

You fail to see how important pH is to animals, as it can seriously disrupt metabolic reactions, especially rapid changes that dont' allow animals to change to deal with the changing pH.

About 89 percent of the carbon dioxide dissolved in seawater takes the form of bicarbonate ion,

Just because you are ignorant of how small changes can have drastic effects on the ecology of the ocean, doesn't mean that little increase isn't having an effect

Once more, the findings above rely on the theory of CO2 and ocean acidification to be both sound and accurate. They take that assumption and do the research accordingly. If the premise (CO2 ocean acidification theory)is correct, than all is well. However, if the premise is inaccurate, overstated, or just plain wrong, than the research is moot.

I contend there is a problem with that premise due to the fact in times where CO2 was 20X higher than today, coral type life forms evolved and flourished. Given the claim the oceans are nearing dangerous acidity now with a 387 ppm of CO2, we would expect at a time when CO2 was 20x times that amount there would have been a mass extinction or non-development and evolution of lifeforms susceptible and sensitive to ocean acidity. But the historical research shows this to be not the case at all.

So either the premise of CO2 ocean acidification is inaccurate somehow, the historical research is flawed or wrong, or coral adapts on the fly to the environment in such a manner to defy there very chemical basis. The last one seems highly unlikely, so one of the other two must be a problem.

Again if you can't grasp this simple logical conundrum, you are no scientist...

Umm, scientifically supported studies, and those links cite actual scientists and their peer reviewed publications. You are the one parroting anti science nonsense, with absolutely no actual science to back it up. And your name calling gibberish filled rant is hardly a sound scientifically supported rationale.

Just another USMB troll not caring about the facts, just what they want to believe.

In a class room or in a lecture hall peer review has weight. In the real world and in application, its a start. Got that? Also, truth is not based on peer review but rather an acceptance of such over time and with one sided real world evidence giving it the status of accepted fact.

I explained peer review before, don't make me do it again. Like I said I know several scientists and work with them daily. None of them try this tactic....

again

Once more, the findings above rely on the theory of CO2 and ocean acidification to be both sound and accurate. They take that assumption and do the research accordingly. If the premise (CO2 ocean acidification theory)is correct, than all is well. However, if the premise is inaccurate, overstated, or just plain wrong, than the research is moot.

I contend there is a problem with that premise due to the fact in times where CO2 was 20X higher than today, coral type life forms evolved and flourished. Given the claim the oceans are nearing dangerous acidity now with a 387 ppm of CO2, we would expect at a time when CO2 was 20x times that amount there would have been a mass extinction or non-development and evolution of lifeforms susceptible and sensitive to ocean acidity. But the historical research shows this to be not the case at all.

So either the premise of CO2 ocean acidification is inaccurate somehow, the historical research is flawed or wrong, or coral adapts on the fly to the environment in such a manner to defy there very chemical basis. The last one seems highly unlikely, so one of the other two must be a problem.

Again if you can't grasp this simple logical conundrum, you are no scientist...
No science to back it up, all while conveniently ignoring the scientifically supported facts from actual studies that show why your CO2 nonsense is flawed.

Scientists cite their sources, and look to support their claims, not just spout their opinion over and over again and think that makes it true.

YOu keep saying the same shit over and over again. . Someone already mentioned, the coral and organisms back during that period evolved in those conditions, and are far different than the ones today, that are not acclimated to high CO2. Again, leave science to people that know science, as its clearly if you are going to make the argument that animals flourished in a high CO2 environment (in which they evolved in, so of course they will be able to survive it) and comparing today's organisms who are acclimated to lower CO2 and particular ocean pH. Also, if you can't realize how gradual changes allow animals to adapt to the rising levels, and how rapid changes, like we are seeing today, don't allow them the time to adapt and evolve. You dont' also appear to know about ecology and how sensitive organisms are to drastic changes to their environment. Gradual ones, yes, drastic ones is what leads to mass extinctions

Forum List

Back