Obesity in West bank/Gaza

Linkiloo

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2015
I often read about the genoicide and warsaw ghetto conditions that the evil Jews are submitting the palestinians to in the West bank and gaza. :biggrin:

I was amazed that they are among the world's fattest people though.

How can this be?
Abdul-Rahim, HF (2003). Obesity in a Rural and an Urban Palestinian West Bank Population.

Palestinian territories[edit]
With obesity rates of 23.9% for men and 42.8% for women, Palestine is listed as the 8th most obese country in the world among men and 3rd most obese among women.[17] This is mostly due to decreased physical activity and greater than necessary food consumption, particularly with an increase in energy coming from fat. Two other factors are smoking and urbanization. In addition, "leisure-time physical activity is not a common concept in the Palestinian context, especially for rural women, where lack of sex-segregated facilities and cultural norms are prohibitive factors." Women in urban areas face similar cultural restrictions.[10]

This does not present the picture I would have expected based on palestinian propaganda.
Here are worldwide comparisons.

Highest obesity

The US is worse in relation to male obesity but they are worse in female obesity. Israel is way behind both the US and West Bank/Gaza.
However that wasn't the point. The point was how is this ghetto similar to the warsaw gehtto which is what is often claimed.

Well these stats relate to adults Abi. And Israel is doing way better than gaza and West Bank or other arab states for that matter.

Forum List

Back