Obama's Supreme Court Pick is.........

Jeez, a fellow PR, watched her today in a Moot trail at George Washington law school, down to earth and real, bravo Barack. Is she Catholic too, hopefully more like we fallen away Catholics. LOL

So this judge is one who ruled against the white firemen in Conn. They were given tests, one fireman with dsylexia went to extraordianry lengths to place 6th,, anywho,, since the whites did well the black community sued to get the test thrown out. and won.. none of the whites were promoted.. she's the perfect little left wing lunatic judge,,

What does his having dyslexia and having gone through "extraordinary lengths" have to do with the law?

Do you think judges should use empathy in their rulings? :lol:

Empathy? Sure as long as they follow the laws and uphold the constitution, she clearly did not do it here and everything she has preached (see my post above) clearly states she has broken her judicial oath and is a judicial activist! Any honest law professor will tell you that judicial activism is an abuse of power!

Bet the Supreme Court disagrees with you. We'll see shortly.

They may well disagree with me about the case. But surely you know that the fact that he was dyslexic will come into it. Despite conservatives cries that empathy is a terrible evil thing.

Why is that counselor? Is that the best argument you can come up with for the white firefighters? Is that the one you would rest your case on when arguing to the court?

This is a message board, not a courtroom. And, perhaps you hadn't noticed, but my argument wasn't a legal one, as there is no laws for or against empathy and/or hypocrisy.

so far no clear answers are forthcoming..

blacks didn't pass so it is a violation of Title VII? doesn't matter why they didn't pass,, just that they didn't.. that seems so strange on the face of it.. did they study??? is it beyond their comprehension???? is it written in a foreign language??? was it given in the AM vs the PM,, was it two days before the full moon,, was the tide high or low??? Why Why Why?????

I read all this.. so,, is she saying it is okay now to be a racist? :eusa_pray:

It appears so! Note its not the KKK racist, rather the leftist acceptance of setting aside incidents where whites are openly being discriminated against! Her ruling in the firefighter case was horrendous! Justice was not blind that day, she would have made the majority on the Plessy v. Ferguson case proud (the case of the famous Harlan dissent!).

So you think Title VII is illegal? You think thats what she should have said there? Because under Title VII, the results of the test they administered are clearly illegal.

Please justify you accusation better before you try to back me into a corner! :mad:

They may well disagree with me about the case. But surely you know that the fact that he was dyslexic will come into it. Despite conservatives cries that empathy is a terrible evil thing.

Why is that counselor? Is that the best argument you can come up with for the white firefighters? Is that the one you would rest your case on when arguing to the court?

This is a message board, not a courtroom. And, perhaps you hadn't noticed, but my argument wasn't a legal one, as there is no laws for or against empathy and/or hypocrisy.

I hadn't noticed that you made an argument. I think you were suggesting that some specific people might use some ailment as some part of an argument. I'm pretty sure you didn't go any farther than that.

Care to advance why you think the case was correctly decided?

Because the results of the test were clearly contrary to Title VII.

Pretend it's an essay test. Is that an answer that would suffice at your school?

No, it wouldn't. But my answers to them effect my life, and so are worth me spending four hours on. My answers to you do not, and hence are worth very little unless its on an issue I am actually interested in exploring in depth.

The Ricci case doesn't really interest me, nor am I interested in exploring the jurisprudential arguments surrounding Title VII. I merely point out the rampant hypocrisy of those who decry Sotomayer for her empathy while simultaneously citing a case of someone who they claimed was wronged in party because he is dyslexic and hard working self.

Because the results of the test were clearly contrary to Title VII.

Pretend it's an essay test. Is that an answer that would suffice at your school?

No, it wouldn't. But my answers to them effect my life, and so are worth me spending four hours on. My answers to you do not, and hence are worth very little unless its on an issue I am actually interested in exploring in depth.

The Ricci case doesn't really interest me, nor am I interested in exploring the jurisprudential arguments surrounding Title VII. I merely point out the rampant hypocrisy of those who decry Sotomayer for her empathy while simultaneously citing a case of someone who they claimed was wronged in party because he is dyslexic and hard working self.

Liar Liar Liar! the point was a black man could not pass a test that a dyslexic white man could pass.. no hypocrisy there.. so I'm still wondering what was in that test that made it impossible for a black man to pass???

I hadn't noticed that you made an argument. I think you were suggesting that some specific people might use some ailment as some part of an argument. I'm pretty sure you didn't go any farther than that.

You didn't notice I made an argument? Then exactly what were you referring to when you asked "is that the best argument you can come up with"? How could something be my best argument if I wasn't making an argument?

Oh, and while you are explaining that mess, feel free to write me a treatise explaining why the decision was incorrect, or really just your opinion on it.

Liar Liar Liar! the point was a black man could not pass a test that a dyslexic white man could pass.. no hypocrisy there.. so I'm still wondering what was in that test that made it impossible for a black man to pass???

His dyslexia is legally irrelevant. Why do you keep trying to make us feel sorry for him then?

It's really a complicated case. If anyone is interested here's a good run down...I don't know what the proper ruling should be...but I'm not sure why a city should be forced to hire a dyslexic?

Supreme Court Hears Firefighter Promotion Case : NPR

and one could say why hire a black man who cannot pass a test that a dyslexic white man could pass?? agree??
Why don't you read the article? Apparently the test weeded out the book smart from the street smart. There's no guarantee those that passed the test would be better firefighters.

Or you can join William Joyce and try to convince the world that black people are genetically stupid.

His dyslexia is legally irrelevant. Why do you keep trying to make us feel sorry for him then?

you,, if educated at all, should know that no one can "make" you do anything.. you are responsible for your own emotions and action.. agree?

It's really a complicated case. If anyone is interested here's a good run down...I don't know what the proper ruling should be...but I'm not sure why a city should be forced to hire a dyslexic?

Supreme Court Hears Firefighter Promotion Case : NPR

and one could say why hire a black man who cannot pass a test that a dyslexic white man could pass?? agree??

They didn't hire the black men who couldn't pass the test.

nor did they hire the white man who could?? now why is that??? doyathink?

Forum List

Back