Obama's Supreme Court Pick is.........

Maybe Republicans should have considered a woman previously when an appointment was made for the Supreme Court. Yet they didn't. So now you get whatever "****" is picked from the Democratic president in charge at the moment.

the first woman appointed to the supreme court was nominated by a republican. try to keep up.
That does not mean that they should not have nominated the second also. Women are more than half the population so look to yourself when thinking, "keep up". Dumb asses who are willing to call women "****" when the women do not just go along with their personal agenda also need to keep up with the times.

As for Republicans or Democrats being more inline with women rights I'd say Republicans stepped out first to assist women in a hand up. That is only my personal opinion and experience though.

Are you referring to me? When did I call her a **** or anything deragatory?

the first woman appointed to the supreme court was nominated by a republican. try to keep up.
That does not mean that they should not have nominated the second also. Women are more than half the population so look to yourself when thinking, "keep up". Dumb asses who are willing to call women "****" when the women do not just go along with their personal agenda also need to keep up with the times.

As for Republicans or Democrats being more inline with women rights I'd say Republicans stepped out first to assist women in a hand up. That is only my personal opinion and experience though.

Are you referring to me? When did I call her a **** or anything deragatory?
Just a recollection of your pet name for one who disagrees or questions anything you have a pro bias towards.

BULLSHIT! Thomas made it all the way himself! He made it off his hardwork and sweat and it had NOTHING to do with affirmative action. Especially becoming a judge and a Supreme Court justice!

Your typical inanity isn't very impressive. I'm sure that Thomas conveniently arrived at the College of the Holy Cross just as they began recruiting blacks through a perplexing coincidence...;)

Let's see now...negros, homosexuals, latinos and women now sit on the USSC. What's going on ?

BULLSHIT! Thomas made it all the way himself! He made it off his hardwork and sweat and it had NOTHING to do with affirmative action. Especially becoming a judge and a Supreme Court justice!

Your typical inanity isn't very impressive. I'm sure that Thomas conveniently arrived at the College of the Holy Cross just as they began recruiting blacks through a perplexing coincidence...;)

I guess you don't understand affirmative action and college. It was made illegal for colleges to create quotas. Minorities can get extra consideration, but not a quota. However, Thomas received a full scholarship to Harvard Law. He got that on his own merit and not because of his skin color!

While her resume looks great--I am looking forward to her explaining these statements:

Sotomayor stated: "A person of "color" should use their personal life experiences when making a JUDICIAL decision" Then the Appelate court makes policy is another statement she made.

NO--a judge needs to use the law to make JUDICIAL decisions not personal life experiences. It's our congress that writes policy not the courts.

If she can explain these comments & her decision on the Fire Department case rationally--then I am O.K. with her.

Last edited:
While her resume looks great--I am looking forward to her explaining these statements:

Sotomayor stated: "A person of "color" should use their personal life experiences when making a JUDICIAL decision" Then the Appelate court makes policy is another statement she made.

NO--a judge needs to use the law to make JUDICIAL decisions not personal life experiences. It's our congress that writes policy not the courts.

If she can explain these comments & her decision on the Fire Department case rationally--then I am O.K. with her.
Judges are human. Well, most of them are.

It is her right to have personal opinions the same as it is yours. As a woman and a Latino she has a right to believe whatever she believes. As long as she has ruled within the scope of the law in the cases she has reviewed she has done her job. Whether we agree with a decision she made or not is irrelevant. She is the judge not us. If you wanna be a judge then get that degree and do the time. Swim up the river of shit like she did. Then you may have a right to come on here and spout bs. I'll would wager that you will still have personal opinions outside of your job as a judge.

Oreo. How does her decision concerning the firefighters personally effect you? What immediate or future effect does this decision have on your life?

Que? The Republicans love Thomas and he grew up without a father and in poverty, to go to Harvard, to becoming a judge to the Supreme Court.

Yet he is a black man that absolutely exercises his oath of office and upholds the constitution and rejects affirmative action. He is a guy who liberals hate! Conservatives respect her drive from the bottom to the top, but they reject her judicial activism approach and her reverse racist ideals!
Maybe Republicans should have considered a woman previously when an appointment was made for the Supreme Court. Yet they didn't. So now you get whatever "****" is picked from the Democratic president in charge at the moment.

Wrong! Criteria #1 should always be who is most qualified! Not race, gender or religion!
She must be qualified or she would not be in a position to be nominated.

Not necessarily. Clarence Thomas is a Justice. But she happens to be qualified, having more judicial experience than any other member of the Court at the time of their nomination.

The wingnuts are just tossing another tantrum that they won't have another rightwingnut appointed to the bench.

I'm afraid I can't shed a lot of tears for them.

And, frankly, I'm not sure why Obama didn't use the nomination to balance out the Scalia-Thomas-Alito-Roberts right wing faction.

Not necessarily. Clarence Thomas is a Justice. But she happens to be qualified, having more judicial experience than any other member of the Court at the time of their nomination.

The wingnuts are just tossing another tantrum that they won't have another rightwingnut appointed to the bench.

And, frankly, I'm not sure why Obama didn't use the nomination to balance out the Scalia-Thomas-Alito-Roberts right wing faction.
I think she fits the bill for being liberal enough. Like I said early on, just replacing a liberal judge with another liberal judge. This is politics, and I can't be upset with it. Obama can choose whoever he wants...just like what Bush did.

I think she fits the bill for being liberal enough. Like I said early on, just replacing a liberal judge with another liberal judge. This is politics, and I can't be upset with it. Obama can choose whoever he wants...just like what Bush did.

I just found it interesting that she's pro corporate and didn't rule against the gag rule on abortion counseling. I haven't read the gag rule decision, though, so I'm not sure what her basis was.

As to her qualifications, I don't think they can be argued with.... same as with Roberts. I can't stand his politics, but he was certainly smart and experienced enough.

i agree, unless something major comes up to show she is unqualified, i think she should be confirmed
just as Ginsburg was without the partisan bullshit the dems pulled for the last 8 years over judge nominations

and if the Repubs do that shit i'll be even MORE pissed at them than i am NOW

Obama's Supreme Court Pick is.........

Over her head intellectually and most likely unqualified for the position, according to well-known constitutional scholar, Jonathan Turley, who is hardly in on the VRWC.

President Picks Sonia Sotomayor « JONATHAN TURLEY
Thanks for that Dude; and be it known Johathan Turley is not Republican, nor is he a conservative. I don't recall many exact quotes from him but I do recall his "take on things" raising my blood pressure many times over the years. Let's see if he is encouraged to change his tune on this comment.

are you saying clarenc thomas is or was not qualified?

Experience has nothing to do with the rightwing crips. Rather it has to do with her own admission to being a judicial activist and her arguments on Latina women being more competent than white men. Jillian admit it. If Alito stated that "as a white man in American I am more qualifed to make judicial decision that a Latina women because of my background and up bringings" people would rightfully be in a shit-storm!

I just found it interesting that she's pro corporate and didn't rule against the gag rule on abortion counseling. I haven't read the gag rule decision, though, so I'm not sure what her basis was.

As to her qualifications, I don't think they can be argued with.... same as with Roberts. I can't stand his politics, but he was certainly smart and experienced enough.

Where did you get she is pro-corporations?

Forum List

Back