Obama's Sleek Black Tour Bus Cost $1.1 Million

once again obama chaca from the land of the lost shows how much he cares for america he had the buses built in Canada he didnt even let Americans have the jobs the work to build them he took our tax money and gave it to canada for the buses. no he is a ******. no holds barred truth hurts, act like a n****r get called a n****r

I mean....why?.....what the hell?

once again obama chaca from the land of the lost shows how much he cares for america he had the buses built in Canada he didnt even let Americans have the jobs the work to build them he took our tax money and gave it to canada for the buses. no he is a ******. no holds barred truth hurts, act like a ****** get called a ******

Said more about yourself than Obama dude. Not cool.

I would think that campaigning is one of those times where you'd want to see the man in person...

Even you see that this 'jobs tour' is nothing but bullshit and he is really campaigning. So tell me, why the hell is joe taxpayer picking up the tab for Obama's campaign buses?

The buses weren't ordered for THIS tour, but for all stumping and campaigning. These aren't Obama's campaign buses, but the buses of the President of the United States, ordered by the Secret Service whose job it is to protect the President.

Why the hell is joe taxpayer paying for ANY president's campaign bus??? If a president wants to spend that kind of money for his campaigning transportation then he or his supporters can foot the damn bill. This is just more bullshit from the master bullshitter (Obama).

Don't hand me the Secret Service protection line either. They've protected past presidents just fine using the retro fitted buses or any other method of travel. Why wasn't that good enough for Obama? How much is it to retro-fit vs. the cost of these monsters? THAT's what should have been done seeing how bad things are for so many in this country. The presidential thing to do would have been to nix the celebrity bus route and shown, by that example, that he really does 'get it'. THAT would have connected Obama to the people; the plush bus just shows what an elitist he is.

You don't see the hypocrisy in all of this? Obama tools around trying to appear as if he is empathizing with jobless joe . . only to turn around and hop on his million dollar plus luxury liner and boop, off he goes to Martha's Vineyard.

Obama scolds corporate CEOs flying in on their own jets . . . yet sends a big old 'fuck you' when it's his turn. Ah but I forgot for a moment that Obama's words are cheap and it's his actions that reveal his true self. Yeah Barry, we get it. Do as I say not as I do.

And here you are defending it.

:eusa_hand:

Nice corner you've painted yourself into Seawytch. You admit he was campaigning. Like I said earlier, just pay the $1.1M for the bus and all is forgiven.

When the U.S. Secret Service decided to order two custom-made buses, including the one that transported President Obama through the upper Midwest this week, they had a specific model in mind.

The service, which has been transporting protectees by bus since Ronald Reagan’s 1980 campaign, wanted a particular model only available from the Quebec-based manufacturer Prevost.

“The vehicle had to support the weight of security and communication equipment that we had,” Ed Donovan, a spokesman for the Secret Service, said in an interview. “Our understanding was that that was the only model that could do it.”

In the past, the Secret Service leased buses for presidential travel, but had to retrofit them to add security measures and enhanced communications capability. [...]

“We’ve been overdue for having an asset like this in our fleet of protective vehicles,” Donovan said, adding that leasing buses is “not inexpensive – that costs tens of thousands of dollars a month…. Designing our own vehicle really gives us a level of security that we couldn’t achieve by doing it the other way.”

The second bus will be used eventually by the Republican presidential nominee.​

Secret Service defends Canadian bus

I have to truly wonder what kind of leader Obama is that he is going to blame a HUGE GAFFE like this on a low-level underling.

"Why, it's not MY FAULT we sent 1.1 million dollars to Canada when Americans are looking for work... it ...it was the Secret Service! Yeah, that's the ticket."

And what happened to the buses that were used in 2008?

You have to wonder what kind of ODS it takes to attack the Secret Service for doing their job protecting the President of the United States.

Then explain why they let him out of the bus? Why spend 1.1 million dollars of hard earned TAX Payers money for portection and then let him out of the bus. Your shit don't jell.

When the U.S. Secret Service decided to order two custom-made buses, including the one that transported President Obama through the upper Midwest this week, they had a specific model in mind.

The service, which has been transporting protectees by bus since Ronald Reagan’s 1980 campaign, wanted a particular model only available from the Quebec-based manufacturer Prevost.

“The vehicle had to support the weight of security and communication equipment that we had,” Ed Donovan, a spokesman for the Secret Service, said in an interview. “Our understanding was that that was the only model that could do it.”

In the past, the Secret Service leased buses for presidential travel, but had to retrofit them to add security measures and enhanced communications capability. [...]

“We’ve been overdue for having an asset like this in our fleet of protective vehicles,” Donovan said, adding that leasing buses is “not inexpensive – that costs tens of thousands of dollars a month…. Designing our own vehicle really gives us a level of security that we couldn’t achieve by doing it the other way.”

The second bus will be used eventually by the Republican presidential nominee.​

Secret Service defends Canadian bus

I have to truly wonder what kind of leader Obama is that he is going to blame a HUGE GAFFE like this on a low-level underling.

"Why, it's not MY FAULT we sent 1.1 million dollars to Canada when Americans are looking for work... it ...it was the Secret Service! Yeah, that's the ticket."

No American cars use parts from Canada right? :eusa_eh: You people/conservatives never cease to amaze. :clap2:
Defining an American Car - MSN Autos
the domestic content requirement, as it now stands, mixes U.S. and Canadian parts into a single percentage, so there's no real way to know the U.S.-only content.

Even among consumers who described themselves as Buy American advocates, just 20 percent said they knew of the so-called content labels and only 9 percent had read one at a dealership, according to NHTSA.

Last edited:
What a sad display of sophistry.

Taxpayers paid for the bus, which is being used by Obama for purely campaign purposes.

That's the issue.

You have to wonder what kind of ODS it takes to attack the Secret Service for doing their job protecting the President of the United States.

Then explain why they let him out of the bus? Why spend 1.1 million dollars of hard earned TAX Payers money for portection and then let him out of the bus. Your shit don't jell.

AGAIN WillowTree :eusa_wall: a bus is the cheapest form of transportation out there. 2.1 million? AF! could burn that in fuel in a few weeks:
How Much Does it Cost to Operate Air Force One? - The Intrepid
More recent estimates suggest that Air Force One costs $68,000 an hour

Since 2002, Jet fuel prices have gone up about twenty per cent, so if I had to estimate, I would guess that Air Force One's yearly operating expenses are somewhere between $240-280 million (though even this estimate might be far too low).

This non-story must be playing in a loop on MurdochTV/RuperTV/Fox LOLOL

Last edited:

AGAIN WillowTree :eusa_wall: a bus is the cheapest form of transportation out there. 2.1 million? AF! could burn that in fuel in a few weeks:
How Much Does it Cost to Operate Air Force One? - The Intrepid
More recent estimates suggest that Air Force One costs $68,000 an hour

Since 2002, Jet fuel prices have gone up about twenty per cent, so if I had to estimate, I would guess that Air Force One's yearly operating expenses are somewhere between $240-280 million (though even this estimate might be far too low).

This non-story must be playing in a loop on MurdochTV/RuperTV/Fox LOLOL

I don't get that channel, maybe you can watch it for a few hours...

Your still not grasping the taxpayer shouldn't have to pay for campaign stops huh? The its not as big a sin since it costs less doesn't fly with me.

You guys are insane... simple as that. You do realize that when George W. went on his "Yes, America Can" bus tour in 2004, he used a bus... from the same company, right?

But big bad Obama draws the ire of the hateful.

Oh yeah, the reason there's two of them? The second one will go to the GOP nominee to do his campaign touring in, and they will become a permanent part of the government fleet.

Like I said... you people's hatred is borderline insane.

He ain't worried about balancing no damn budget. Not at all.

As President Obama cruises through the Midwest the next three days, he'll be riding in two buses -- sleek and black, with dark-tinted windows -- that cost $1.1 million, the Associated Press reports. A Secret Service spokesman explained that the agency has to protect politicians riding in buses all the time anyway, and it plans on using the buses for future candidates and officials.

The White House says Obama will spend the roadtrip listening to voters vent their frustration with Washington and talk about their economic struggles. The full length of the bus:
Obama's Sleek Black Tour Bus Cost $1.1 Million - Elspeth Reeve - NationalJournal.com

You don't think that Americans made those buses?

I'm hearing that those buses were made by good old Canucks. Some days are just awesome.

Obama talking about American jobs but on a bus built in Canada.

:eusa_angel:

You have to love this shit.

What a sad display of sophistry.

Taxpayers paid for the bus, which is being used by Obama for purely campaign purposes.

That's the issue.

I'm just having fun poking libs in the eye. I know we have truly far more pressing issues, but what the hell.

I enjoy torturing libs.

You guys are insane... simple as that. You do realize that when George W. went on his "Yes, America Can" bus tour in 2004, he used a bus... from the same company, right?

But big bad Obama draws the ire of the hateful.

Oh yeah, the reason there's two of them? The second one will go to the GOP nominee to do his campaign touring in, and they will become a permanent part of the government fleet.

Like I said... you people's hatred is borderline insane.

Actually, your admiration of the man makes you ignore the errs of his ways.

Will say it again...

2 years ago, the big three auto execs were publicly shamed by the WH for using private jets to fly to DC to ask for a loan.

The execs said they needed the jets to do their jobs properly (time efficeincy.

The WH did not accpt their excuse. FIne.

2 weeks ago, Obama asked the American people for permission to borrow more money

2 weeks later he unveiled his brand new million dollar bus....

It was poor timing and poor judgment. Sure, he had the right to do it...but it was very poor judgement...sort of the judgement the Presdient criticized of the auto execs.

He asked to borrow more money? when? Ohhhhh the debt limit increase....

So... if you ask your credit card limit to go up, that means you already borrowed the money?

He asked to borrow more money? when? Ohhhhh the debt limit increase....

So... if you ask your credit card limit to go up, that means you already borrowed the money?

stop the games.

You know what I mean.

And by the way...when he asked for permission to "increase his credit line"...

He said "if you dont let me you may not get your SS checks cause we aint got no money to pay the people that cut them there checks."

Or did you forget about that one.

Because we needed to pay our bills and not lose our credit rating... but because of the insanity involved in the debate that caused it to go to the 11th hour, we lost it anyway. Never, NEVER before has this happened in the History of our country, and it hurt us.

Because we needed to pay our bills and not lose our credit rating... but because of the insanity involved in the debate that caused it to go to the 11th hour, we lost it anyway. Never, NEVER before has this happened in the History of our country, and it hurt us.

I've put up a million quizzillion links to sweet lord we won't cut the deficit we need to spend more bullshit.

Now put up your blues.

What you got kid? And if you think you want to play me it would be a big mistake.

I had to come back and revisit this statement.

Axelrod is running the White House. You didn't elect him. No one elected David.

Anyone elect David? Anyone?

Forum List

Back