Obama's Science Czar Considered Forced Abortions, Sterilization as Population Growth

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
President Obama's "science czar," Paul Holdren, once floated the idea of forced abortions, "compulsory sterilization," and the creation of a "Planetary Regime" that would oversee human population levels and control all natural resources as a means of protecting the planet -- controversial ideas his critics say should have been brought up in his Senate confirmation hearings.

Holdren, who has degrees from MIT and Stanford and headed a science policy program at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government for the past 13 years, won the unanimous approval of the Senate as the president's chief science adviser.

He was confirmed with little fanfare on March 19 as director of the White House's Office of Science and Technology Policy, a 50-person directorate that advises the president on scientific affairs, focusing on energy independence and global warming.

But many of Holdren's radical ideas on population control were not brought up at his confirmation hearings; it appears that the senators who scrutinized him had no knowledge of the contents of a textbook he co-authored in 1977, "Ecoscience: Population, Resources, Environment," a copy of which was obtained by FOXNews.com.

Obama's Science Czar Considered Forced Abortions, Sterilization as Population Growth Solutions - Political News - FOXNews.com

you democwats owe the rest of us an apology!

Know what Willow ... I honestly don't care. I don't like having so many damned hairless apes clogging up my streets ... so meh. Whatever the reasoning, and this is why I supported Bush's war, if it cuts the number of idiots I have to deal with down, I'm all for it. So thanks for giving me a reason to support Obama on one thing.

Over population is probably the single largest problem the human race faces. Considering that we don't allow the weak and the sick to die out, instead using our intelligence to circumvent mother nature, it stands to reason that we now have to use our intelligence to figure out how we will keep the population in check ourselves. We kind of took that responsibility away from nature. Now it's ours to think about. I guess we could outlaw medical care and give that job back to mother nature. The population would thin out according to nature again.

Yep, that sounds like our guy, Bill Ayers and Reverend Wright, why not more radicals running things.

Know what Willow ... I honestly don't care. I don't like having so many damned hairless apes clogging up my streets ... so meh. Whatever the reasoning, and this is why I supported Bush's war, if it cuts the number of idiots I have to deal with down, I'm all for it. So thanks for giving me a reason to support Obama on one thing.

You are a freak of nature!

Over population is probably the single largest problem the human race faces. Considering that we don't allow the weak and the sick to die out, instead using our intelligence to circumvent mother nature, it stands to reason that we now have to use our intelligence to figure out how we will keep the population in check ourselves. We kind of took that responsibility away from nature. Now it's ours to think about. I guess we could outlaw medical care and give that job back to mother nature. The population would thin out according to nature again.

you and KK could single handedly decrease the population by two..

You are a freak of nature!

Never did claim to be otherwise. ;)

By poisoning you and who else?

By poisoning you and who else?

we let you drink first,, if you make it then give some to KK

President Obama's "science czar," Paul Holdren, once floated the idea of forced abortions, "compulsory sterilization," and the creation of a "Planetary Regime" that would oversee human population levels and control all natural resources as a means of protecting the planet -- controversial ideas his critics say should have been brought up in his Senate confirmation hearings.

Compulsory Sterilization for Obama supporters. :thup:

Another brilliant thought...strerilization from the far left, and your all for it, more government control. There are no limits for the government is there?
How about a novel idea such as rewarding a husband and wife who choose not to have children? Not like your idea that would end up being government mandated. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Another brilliant thought...strerilization from the far left, and your all for it, more government control. There are no limits for the government is there?
How about a novel idea such as rewarding a husband and wife who choose not to have children? Not like your idea that would end up being government mandated. :cuckoo:

I am not advocating sterilization. Didn't mention it once in my post. I am merely pointing out the fact that looking at our options is UNAVOIDABLE. We will, at some point, be forced to implement some sort of compulsory population control, so long as we chose to use modern medicine to defeat natural selection. The choices are pretty narrow. There are only so many ways to stop people from having babies. Unless of course, you would advocate killing them later or letting them starve.

I am not advocating sterilization. Didn't mention it once in my post. I am merely pointing out the fact that looking at our options is UNAVOIDABLE. We will, at some point, be forced to implement some sort of compulsory population control, so long as we chose to use modern medicine to defeat natural selection. The choices are pretty narrow. There are only so many ways to stop people from having babies. Unless of course, you would advocate killing them later or letting them starve.

OK, Ok you convinced me, we'll just let the government do it for us. :cuckoo:

Sounds like a true progressive

Eugenics and American social history, 1880-1950.

Allen GE.
Department of Biology, Washington University, St. Louis, MO 63130.
Eugenics, the attempt to improve the human species socially through better breeding was a widespread and popular movement in the United States and Europe between 1910 and 1940. Eugenics was an attempt to use science (the newly discovered Mendelian laws of heredity) to solve social problems (crime, alcoholism, prostitution, rebelliousness), using trained experts. Eugenics gained much support from progressive reform thinkers, who sought to plan social development using expert knowledge in both the social and natural sciences. In eugenics, progressive reformers saw the opportunity to attack social problems efficiently by treating the cause (bad heredity) rather than the effect. Much of the impetus for social and economic reform came from class conflict in the period 1880-1930, resulting from industrialization, unemployment, working conditions, periodic depressions, and unionization. In response, the industrialist class adopted firmer measures of economic control (abandonment of laissez-faire principles), the principles of government regulation (interstate commerce, labor), and the cult of industrial efficiency. Eugenics was only one aspect of progressive reform, but as a scientific claim to explain the cause of social problems, it was a particularly powerful weapon in the arsenal of class conflict at the time.

Eugenics and American social history, 1880-1950. [Genome. 1989] - PubMed Result

OK, Ok you convinced me, we'll just let the government do it for us. :cuckoo:

As I said, we can just do nothing and sooner or later, nature will take over. Considering our skill at overcoming disease and birth defects, starvation is the next natural point. Makes little difference to me but running down a scientist for stating an obvious option for an obvious problem doesn't make any kind of valid point.

So maybe that why Ruth Ginsburg is retiring, to assist Obama on his Eugenics program?

Holdren, who has degrees from MIT and Stanford and headed a science policy program at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government for the past 13 years, won the unanimous approval of the Senate as the president's chief science adviser.

He was confirmed with little fanfare on March 19 as director of the White House's Office of Science and Technology Policy, a 50-person directorate that advises the president on scientific affairs, focusing on energy independence and global warming.

But many of Holdren's radical ideas on population control were not brought up at his confirmation hearings; it appears that the senators who scrutinized him had no knowledge of the contents of a textbook he co-authored in 1977, "Ecoscience: Population, Resources, Environment," a copy of which was obtained by FOXNews.com.

Obama's Science Czar Considered Forced Abortions, Sterilization as Population Growth Solutions - Political News - FOXNews.com

you democwats owe the rest of us an apology!

Hitler is long dead, but, his avid followers live on, as in the case above.

sounds like a twisted, out of context, lie to me...but par for the course for FOX

Holdren's office issued a statement to FOXNews.com denying that the ecologist has ever backed any of the measures discussed in his book, and suggested reading more recent works authored solely by Holdren for a view to his beliefs.

"Dr. Holdren has stated flatly that he does not now support and has never supported compulsory abortions, compulsory sterilization, or other coercive approaches to limiting population growth," the statement said.

"Straining to conclude otherwise from passages treating controversies of the day in a three-author, 30-year-old textbook is a mistake."

Last edited:

Eh?...

Are you Serious about that?

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back