Obama's Option on appointing a Judge

get

Can we dispel of this rumor once and for all that the president gets to make supreme court nominations?

he can't just appoint anyone he isn't our dicktator. he can Suggest someone and the PEOPLE can put a stop to it. so let him stomp and whine when we DO IT, because we know he did the same thing.

No wonder the lib/dems/commies want to take over control of the Internet, eh? we can GO BACK and find their hypocrite lying ways now

If I hear one more person suggest Loretta Lynch my head is going to explode! I'm so sick and tired of racist, sexist appointments!

If I hear one more person suggest Loretta Lynch my head is going to explode! I'm so sick and tired of racist, sexist appointments!

Yup, Scalia was a white guy. Nothing racist or sexist about that, right? And the boys from Mississippi say "Sho nuff!"

I like the scenario where the Democrats win the Senate, and since Senators take office the first of the year,

Obama could get his pick confirmed between then and the inauguration.

Apparently, the last qualification Obama is looking for is a sharp legal mind with a deep understanding of the Constitution.

Obviously Obama has such a short memory. Wonder if he suffers from Dementia.

Poetic Juctice? Obama Was 1st US President To Vote To Filibuster A Supreme Court Nominee

In 2006, while no doubt starting to lay his eyes on a presidential run, then-Sen. Obama had no problem throwing a wrench in the works of democracy by voting to filibuster George Bush’s nominee to the high court, Samuel Alito.

Obama told George Stephanopoulos on ABC News This Week that he would “be supporting the filibuster because I think Judge Alito, in fact, is somebody who is contrary to core American values, not just liberal values, you know. When you look at his decisions in particular during times of war, we need a court that is independent and is going to provide some check on the executive branch, and he has not shown himself willing to do that repeatedly.”

In other words, because Alito did not share his judicial philosophy and he felt the judge’s ascension to the Supreme Court would not allow an independent check on the excessive use of executive branch power, Obama, in fact, voted to block the appointment.

Something Sinister From Obama's Past Could Change Everything For Scalia's Replacement

Bottom Line:

Let the GOP block the nomination and they pay in November. It is their choice. Just like Trump. Either they nominate The Donald or he runs Third party. That is also their choice.

WOOW! This is getting to be a pretty tough election year for the Repubs, huh?

Poetic Juctice? Obama Was 1st US President To Vote To Filibuster A Supreme Court Nominee

In 2006, while no doubt starting to lay his eyes on a presidential run, then-Sen. Obama had no problem throwing a wrench in the works of democracy by voting to filibuster George Bush’s nominee to the high court, Samuel Alito.

Obama told George Stephanopoulos on ABC News This Week that he would “be supporting the filibuster because I think Judge Alito, in fact, is somebody who is contrary to core American values, not just liberal values, you know. When you look at his decisions in particular during times of war, we need a court that is independent and is going to provide some check on the executive branch, and he has not shown himself willing to do that repeatedly.”

In other words, because Alito did not share his judicial philosophy and he felt the judge’s ascension to the Supreme Court would not allow an independent check on the excessive use of executive branch power, Obama, in fact, voted to block the appointment.

Something Sinister From Obama's Past Could Change Everything For Scalia's Replacement

But Alito had a fair hearing. The Senate Leader did not come out BEFORE HIS NAME WAS ANNOUNCED, and say "We will not even have a hearing."

Yup, Scalia was a white guy. Nothing racist or sexist about that, right? And the boys from Mississippi say "Sho nuff!"

1 - Scalia was appointed in 1984, over 30 years ago.

2 - Scalia is dead.

3 - Your suggestion that Scalia was a racist or sexist appointment requires substantiation.

4 - Just because someone is white and male does not make their appointment sexist or racist.

5 - Even if it were, all you're saying is that racism and sexism are okay because someone else did it decades ago.

I like the scenario where the Democrats win the Senate, and since Senators take office the first of the year,

It actually wouldn't have to be that fast. Nominations don't expire just because the nominating President leaves office. Though, if the White House went to the GOP candidate, the new President could always withdraw once he was in office.

It actually wouldn't have to be that fast. Nominations don't expire just because the nominating President leaves office. Though, if the White House went to the GOP candidate, the new President could always withdraw once he was in office.

If Bernie won the election and the Democrats took the Senate, the GOP would nominate anyone Obama had on the table in a heartbeat.

Barry does not deserve jack shit....

Forum List

Back