then who Can't, be President ??

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
let's try this from a different angle. Cruz for example was born in a foreign country to one America citizen, his mother.

so who can't be president ?, cause i'd like to know, and how it ties into the constitution proclaiming natural born, and a grandfather clause for those who couldn't qualify at the time.

i wan't to hear from some lay people, not just the so called experts all the time. the constitution speaks to and for all of us. the dickhead obots need not apply.

anchor babies, grace kelly children ? there are endless examples. if Cruz is eligible as a dual citizen, then who isn't ?? obviously people are talking about it now. will the democrats use it as a way to angle in ?

the next round of primaries will put the the issue either to rest or on smack dab in the middle.

I think we should rule out those born on other planets. . .

Children born of two non-American citizens outside the United States. Arnold Schwarzenegger would be a prime example... he is a naturalized American citizen but he is not a natural born American citizen.

The reason and purpose for this provision was to avoid a similar situation as was the case in England where the royal family at the time were of German descent. The framers felt this was what ultimately led to much of the problems with regard to religious freedom and freedom in general.

Through the years, there have been countless challenges and cases made over the argument of "natural born" as defined in the Constitution. However, the SCOTUS has remained consistent with ruling based on what is known as the 'political question doctrine'. Whenever something comes before the court which is best suited to be resolved through another branch or avenue, such as the ballot box or pending legislation, they decline the case in deference to separation of powers.

In other words, you have primaries happening all over the country where people are casting their votes for the next president. Regardless of whether one of the candidates it technically ineligible, to rule them factually ineligible would be equivalent to disenfranchising everyone who voted for them. The court is reluctant to do such a thing unless there is a compelling and pertinent reason for it. If the reason happens to simply be a matter of politics, they will not get involved. The will of the people prevails whether the candidate was arguably eligible or not.

This is why the argument against Obama (birtherism) was irrelevant and so is the issue of Cruz or Rubio.

let's try this from a different angle. Cruz for example was born in a foreign country to one America citizen, his mother.

so who can't be president ?, cause i'd like to know, and how it ties into the constitution proclaiming natural born, and a grandfather clause for those who couldn't qualify at the time.

i wan't to hear from some lay people, not just the so called experts all the time. the constitution speaks to and for all of us. the dickhead obots need not apply.

anchor babies, grace kelly children ? there are endless examples. if Cruz is eligible as a dual citizen, then who isn't ?? obviously people are talking about it now. will the democrats use it as a way to angle in ?

the next round of primaries will put the the issue either to rest or on smack dab in the middle.

You probably did not know this, but McCain was also not born in the US, he was born in Panama, yet no one seemed to care when he ran of President

So you see, it's not a violation of the Constitution Dims are worried about, it's about who might win the kingship they have created in the Executive Office.

McCain was one of them so they had no real issue with him possibly winning. Cruz, on the other hand.............

You probably did not know this, but McCain was also not born in the US, he was born in Panama, yet no one seemed to care when he ran of President

Actually, someone did care because a case was made challenging his eligibility and it was rejected.

You realize "anchor baby" is not a legal designation, right?

Actually, someone did care because a case was made challenging his eligibility and it was rejected.

I never heard about it.

So I guess McCain settled it then, it does not matter.

See what happens when Progs bypass the Constitution?

Soon SCOTUS will hear cases about the increased power of the President using Executive Orders that conflict with laws on the books and bypassing his own law Obamacare etc. Now imagine SCOTUS giving Obummer a rubber stamp of approval, which is all they do, and making those actions Constitutional and then having Trump assume his position.

Trump will be king and untouchable. Thanks to a government without checks and balances, Trump will soon be doing to Muslims what FDR did to Japanese Americans.

• Banned

correct.
neither are anchor babies. should they be deemed to qualify ?

• Banned
I think we should rule out those born on other planets. . .
then debbie wasserman shultz would declare pluto to be a planet again to pick up the dwarf planet vote. with all certainty i can say there are no gun laws on pluto.

Children born of two non-American citizens outside the United States. Arnold Schwarzenegger would be a prime example... he is a naturalized American citizen but he is not a natural born American citizen.

The reason and purpose for this provision was to avoid a similar situation as was the case in England where the royal family at the time were of German descent. The framers felt this was what ultimately led to much of the problems with regard to religious freedom and freedom in general.

Through the years, there have been countless challenges and cases made over the argument of "natural born" as defined in the Constitution. However, the SCOTUS has remained consistent with ruling based on what is known as the 'political question doctrine'. Whenever something comes before the court which is best suited to be resolved through another branch or avenue, such as the ballot box or pending legislation, they decline the case in deference to separation of powers.

In other words, you have primaries happening all over the country where people are casting their votes for the next president. Regardless of whether one of the candidates it technically ineligible, to rule them factually ineligible would be equivalent to disenfranchising everyone who voted for them. The court is reluctant to do such a thing unless there is a compelling and pertinent reason for it. If the reason happens to simply be a matter of politics, they will not get involved. The will of the people prevails whether the candidate was arguably eligible or not.

This is why the argument against Obama (birtherism) was irrelevant and so is the issue of Cruz or Rubio.
please point me to a precedent for a vice or presidential candidate, since those are the only two jobs to require such a thing (a definition or proclamation of natural born). nice try though. :)

Laughing...."I only want to hear from people that have done no research, have no idea what they're talking about, but still have opinions." Does that about sum it up?

And who isn't eligible? Someone who wasn't a citizen at birth.

Its not that complicated.

So you see, it's not a violation of the Constitution Dims are worried about, it's about who might win the kingship they have created in the Executive Office.

McCain was one of them so they had no real issue with him possibly winning. Cruz, on the other hand.............
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/11/us/politics/11mccain.html?_r=0

I never heard about it.

So I guess McCain settled it then, it does not matter.

Not really. The Panama Canal Zone where McCain was born was an unorganized US territory. With the Supreme Court long since recognizing that US territories are part of the United States.

correct.

Natural born US citizens are of course 'qualified,' so its a pointless question.

People who were born in Foreign countries who had parents who were not American citizens.

Wow, you started this thread for that falling off a log question?

None the less. . . perhaps we should rule out robots right now?

vote_johnny_five_by_filthymonkey.jpg

People who were born in Foreign countries who had parents who were not American citizens.

i started it for people like you.

correct.

Natural born US citizens are of course 'qualified,' so its a pointless question.
no, it's not pointless, starkey can be though.

What people is that? Is this part of your hatred of black people again?

What people is that? Is this part of your hatred of black people again?

heh, nice try man... i have no way of knowing what color you are.. i just know you as one of the board liberals, not that notable. i don't even know if you are a boy or a girl. none of that matters here.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back