Obama's Impeachable Offense

Dr.Traveler

Mathematician
Aug 31, 2009
NPR.org » Congress Leaves Without OK For Libya Operation

First up: that isn't Fox News or Worldnetdaily, that's a story from NPR
Second: I'm not a Conservative attack dog. I voted for Obama in 2008. I've lol'ed at most if the impeachment threads here.

Forget the R or D aspect of the story. The current US president has taken military action in a sovereign nation without an Act of War and is now in violation of the law of the land. That's at the very least grounds for a Constitutional showdown. Truth be told it is an impeachable offense. He should have sought Congressional authorization by now. He didn't. So now we have a real mess.

Last edited:
Has Congress voted on anything? I thought they needed to vote and pass something. Funny how this stuff pops up again decades later.

Last edited:
nobody is going to push for this. Nobody that anyone might take serious.
Id blame Obama for not pulling back till he gets the ok, and i blame congress for being worthless morons.

Only if they're Republicans right? and the only one worth anything is the one you voted for right?

I believe this matter will be taken up in Congress on Monday. They have the option to cut off his funds.. That'll hurt the bastard more than impeachment will.

Id blame Obama for not pulling back till he gets the ok, and i blame congress for being worthless morons.

Only if they're Republicans right? and the only one worth anything is the one you voted for right?

Dems control the Senate...I'm sure they'll approve a resolution supporting Bubama on Monday......:eusa_whistle:

Dems control the Senate...I'm sure they'll approve a resolution supporting Bubama on Monday......:eusa_whistle:

but the Republican House controls the purse! :eusa_hand:

This is yet another example of the utter hypocrisy of this administration. Obama is the man that told us that the Iraqi War was illegal, that he would never attack a country that isn't an imminent threat to the US.

Libya isn't a direct threat to the US. This president didn't consult with the congress, he usurped congressional approval of these military actions in favor of United Nations approval.

The justification that Barak H. Obama took this action in Libya in response to the human rights abuses sickeningly diverts attention from countries in that same region that have and continue to experience untold mass genocide - IF THIS PRESIDENT TO GOING TO TAKE MILITARY ACTION AND USE THE EXCUSE OF HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS WHY DIDN'T WE ATTACK COUNTRIES THAT ARE COMMITTING HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSES THAT MAKE LIBYA LOOK LIKE DISNEY WORLD.

Obama took these actions for European oil, he obviously doesn't give a damn about American oil. In fact, he has done more to assist Brazil and Europe with oil supplies than he has his own country.

Yes, this is an impeachable offense. So is the obvious corruption and influence buying that has gone into Obama Care waivers - all going to corporations and unions that supported this puppet president. The questions regarding he eligibility to even hold that office, questions that the media and the senate took very seriously when looking into John McCain, were scoffed at by this man. The media belittled anyone that rose serious questions.

We the people are going to 'impeach' this man in 2012.

Last edited:
I believe this matter will be taken up in Congress on Monday. They have the option to cut off his funds.. That'll hurt the bastard more than impeachment will.

:(

Reading your posts makes me want a few Bloody Marys in the AM too.

Here this ones on me
bloody_mary_ahero_01.jpg

Okay, Republicans, we know you're still pissing around because of Nixon. It now a historical fact that had he not voluntarily resigned, he'd have been impeached. In fact, it was Republican members of Congress who asked him to save Party face and resign. So why can't the Party get beyond that and just accept it? Even your own Party acknowledged Nixon had colored way out of the lines and got caught.

And spending valuable time trying to impeach every Democrat that's been in the office since is so predictable, not to mention tacky. Your constituents don't elect you to impeach Presidents in case you didn't know - they elect you to get the business of the people done. Something you, along with the Democrats, apparently have less than a passing acquaintance with accomplishing.

Forum List

Back