Obama's Impeachable Offense

The left has revealed a lot about themselves since BO has been President. Now we all know they don't really care about "illegal wars" as well as Gitmo, enhanced interrogations, etc. They are nothing but tools used to demonize their opponents. When they do it then it is fine and dandy. They can no longer be taken seriously.

If the left didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Okay, Republicans, we know you're still pissing around because of Nixon...spending valuable time trying to impeach every Democrat...Your constituents don't elect you to impeach Presidents

First of all, and I could be wrong here, I don't believe anyone on this thread holds elected office. 'We' don't have any constituents, we are the constituents and obviously we did elect our representatives to express the concern we are rasing in this thread.

Second, this attempt to draw some correlation between Nixon is laughable. I wasn't alive during Nixon, and it has nothing to do with believing this president usurped the proper role of the US Congress and instead sought UN approval for military action.

Third, you really must be ignorant of the eight years of the Bush administration. There were those on the left calling for impeachment directly after the 2000 election. For eight years we were treated to every conspiracy theory out there to justify the impeachment of Bush.

Lastly, instead of attempting to make so deep point on the historical motivations behind the calls for an Obama impeachment, why don't you try addressing the reasons that have been listed for his impeachment.

Did I say anyone here held a public office? I was referencing those lazy dolts in Congress when I spoke of them not being elected to impeach Presidents. I don't know about you, but I didn't elect my representatives to impeach any President - even George W. Bush - whom I'd have liked to see tarred, feathered and run out of town after he was impeached.

And just because you weren't alive at the time of Nixon's trials and tribulations doesn't mean it didn't happen or that the Republican Party members (including constituents) aren't still miffed about it. Get a clue!

Conspiracy theories - oh you mean such as bald-faced lying to Congress and the American people about the circumstances and people behind 9/11 in order to preemptively go to war with Iraq? Or using communication giants, such as AT&T, to obtain private information on American citizens without going through the judicial system? Or how about attempting to suspend Habeas Corpus giving the Bush Administration absolute power to arrest and secretly hold individuals (including American citizens) without that person having any civil rights or the ability to seek legal counsel? Even our ultra-conservative Supreme Court had a problem with that one and kicked it back to them saying Nay, Nay.

Before trying to make a criminal out of Obama, mull over some real impeachable offenses, which Congress didn't do squat about. So all I'd like to know is what makes you think they'd do anything now - unless of course the Republicans in Congress are still pissed about Nixon.

The left has revealed a lot about themselves since BO has been President. Now we all know they don't really care about "illegal wars" as well as Gitmo, enhanced interrogations, etc. They are nothing but tools used to demonize their opponents. When they do it then it is fine and dandy. They can no longer be taken seriously.

If the left didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

How true, how true.

I am still trying t5o figure out ala Obama exec. order of feb. what danger exists ala Libya, to us? I mean Iraq posed no threat, Libya?

Or has the benchmark changed?

I am still trying t5o figure out ala Obama exec. order of feb. what danger exists ala Libya, to us? I mean Iraq posed no threat, Libya?

Or has the benchmark changed?

He's protecting Libyans from Libyans, not Americans from Libyans....

Plus, he needed to make nice with the British, French, and Italians before his next visit to Europe so that he gets to stay somewhere besides youth hostels.

We all know the president won’t be impeached, correct?

That would establish a dangerous precedent for the next president who wants to violate the Constitution accordingly. That’s also why there’ll be no indictment of GWB for his crime of authorizing torture.

NPR.org » Congress Leaves Without OK For Libya Operation

First up: that isn't Fox News or Worldnetdaily, that's a story from NPR
Second: I'm not a Conservative attack dog. I voted for Obama in 2008. I've lol'ed at most if the impeachment threads here.

Forget the R or D aspect of the story. The current US president has taken military action in a sovereign nation without an Act of War and is now in violation of the law of the land. That's at the very least grounds for a Constitutional showdown. Truth be told it is an impeachable offense. He should have sought Congressional authorization by now. He didn't. So now we have a real mess.

It was an impeachable offince all three times he ignored judicial rulings (one of them he was held in contempt for) and when he decided to ignore and not enforce the defence of marrage act. What makes you think this is any different.

He should have sought Congressional authorization by now. He didn't. So now we have a real mess.

Um, no he did, yesterday.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/168242-obama-blinks-on-war-powers-act-2.html#post3665949

Well now I look silly. My understanding was he didn't seek it. So now instead of the President being in violation, it's congress dropping the ball.

Well, not quite. The WPA requires Congressional approval within 60 days, not that he seek it on day 60. He is in violation and has tried to shift the blame off on anyone but himself

So Illegally bombing Libya for european oil interests without congressional approval is not illegal since it was called "humanitarian" by a bunch of harvard lawyers controlled by criminal George Soros who profits from the invasion?

Democrats are scum

NPR.org » Congress Leaves Without OK For Libya Operation

First up: that isn't Fox News or Worldnetdaily, that's a story from NPR
Second: I'm not a Conservative attack dog. I voted for Obama in 2008. I've lol'ed at most if the impeachment threads here.

Forget the R or D aspect of the story. The current US president has taken military action in a sovereign nation without an Act of War and is now in violation of the law of the land. That's at the very least grounds for a Constitutional showdown. Truth be told it is an impeachable offense. He should have sought Congressional authorization by now. He didn't. So now we have a real mess.

that would be incorrect. i would direct you to the war powers act.

Forum List

Back