Obamas forget recession and jet to NYC for date night, dinner and a show

Why do you just fold for this guy? Refuse to ask any hard questions or scrutinize whatsoever? Who the fuck is he, anyway?

Where is the "transparency" in refusing to say how much this cost, when asked?

Wait ... what? Can't you do the math? Here's a hint: Look up the price of a private jet flying from wherever to wherever.

No, they were asked, and refused to say.

And, it's more like the price of protecting a POTUS for a daytrip to a major metropolitan US city.

... and protecting him when he goes to a fast food joint is less?

Wouldn't you think that with Obama being sooo worried about "climate change" and our government sponsoring commercials telling John Q. Public that we should change our diet to reduce our "carbon footprint", that maybe he'd check out NetFlix and Domino's for his date nights?

Why do you just fold for this guy? Refuse to ask any hard questions or scrutinize whatsoever? Who the fuck is he, anyway?

No. Shit like this is just that. It's grasping for rumors instead of hard news, it's what the media uses to lure in moonbats on either side and keep them busy while the government screws us. It's the "American Idol" mentality where appearance and sound are more important than skill and ability. It's not having the guts to face the real facts so instead you focus on this little crap that really doesn't make a difference in the big picture. It's missing the forest for the trees.

Wait ... what? Can't you do the math? Here's a hint: Look up the price of a private jet flying from wherever to wherever.

And, it's more like the price of protecting a POTUS for a daytrip to a major metropolitan US city.

If he does not have to fly from DC to NYC and just drives down he street, yes.

Why are you so protective of him? Why is he so untouchable?

No. Shit like this is just that. It's grasping for rumors instead of hard news, it's what the media uses to lure in moonbats on either side and keep them busy while the government screws us. It's the "American Idol" mentality where appearance and sound are more important than skill and ability. It's not having the guts to face the real facts so instead you focus on this little crap that really doesn't make a difference in the big picture. It's missing the forest for the trees.

It's not rumors. He and his wife actually flew from DC to NYC for a date.

The White House refused to say how much it cost.

He never passes up a chance to chastise business for extravagance in hard times.

If he does not have to fly from DC to NYC and just drives down he street, yes.

Why are you so protective of him? Why is he so untouchable?

I'm not, I don't give a fuck about Obama ... he's just a 15 minute fame star and got the job for no other reason. Because of people focusing on this same shit when Bush was president we all got driveby colonoscopies and no one was paying attention. I'm finally old enough to actually care enough and now it's all happening again.

Wouldn't you think that with Obama being sooo worried about "climate change" and our government sponsoring commercials telling John Q. Public that we should change our diet to reduce our "carbon footprint", that maybe he'd check out NetFlix and Domino's for his date nights?

No, there are two sets of laws, one for the ruling class, one for the rest of us. We have to settle for wheelchairs with lawnmower engines, and Obama, Pelosi, Harry Reid, Gore, and the rest of them get private jets at taxpayer expense.

And drones like KittenKoder eat right out of their hands.

This is an outrage! My God! I can't believe it! The horror!
The guy took a night off to have dinner and see a play with his wife.
I can't believe it. This is just horrible.

WTF!!!
Give me a break.
The man deserves a night off without all the haters going crazy!

No, there are two sets of laws, one for the ruling class, one for the rest of us. We have to settle for wheelchairs with lawnmower engines, and Obama, Pelosi, Harry Reid, Gore, and the rest of them get private jets at taxpayer expense.

You have me mistaken for someone who voted for the failed American Idol star.

But at least now you are getting into a REAL issue instead of the crap about *gasp* that steak cost how much? Now, if he actually pushed more environut issues I would agree, but he has done less than past presidents (one really recent :eusa_whistle:) so meh.

This is an outrage! My God! I can't believe it! The horror!
The guy took a night off to have dinner and see a play with his wife.
I can't believe it. This is just horrible.

WTF!!!
Give me a break.
The man deserves a night off without all the haters going crazy!
He could take his wife to BOWLING or watch a movie in the WH bowling lanes or the big theater there

I would be curious to know if he is paying for this out of his own bank account, or if it is on the taxpayers backs. Does anyone have a link to which it is? I have never been a fan of any politician gaining personal entertainment on the backs of the taxpayers out side their salaries. Which leaves me to ask this. Is the salary we pay the president just a savings account? Or do they use their own income to support some of their personal pleasures.

I would be curious to know if he is paying for this out of his own bank account, or if it is on the taxpayers backs. Does anyone have a link to which it is? I have never been a fan of any politician gaining personal entertainment on the backs of the taxpayers out side their salaries. Which leaves me to ask this. Is the salary we pay the president just a savings account? Or do they use their own income to support some of their personal pleasures.

What? You expect something that's actually relevant? I shudder to think what crap he's pushing through while everyone is focused on this.

It's relevant because they refuse to say how much the trip cost. If it were not relevant, they would not care.

Let's see, $328,000 for an empty jet to fly to NYC and back.

I'd guess $1M with warm bodies and security in it, and security on the ground.

But at least now you are getting into a REAL issue instead of the crap about *gasp* that steak cost how much? Now, if he actually pushed more environut issues I would agree, but he has done less than past presidents (one really recent :eusa_whistle:) so meh.

Fraulein.. I don't always agree with KittenKoder on the issues, but you're a little out of line to label her an Obama drone. She's one of the few posters that claim to be independent whose posts actually support her claim. ( Unless of course, if she's bored, in which case it seems she'll take any side of the argument just for a good fight :) )

KittenKoder..I think Obama has already done quite a bit to push his environut agenda. Between his public service commercials, his cafe standard legislation and his promise to destroy the coal industry with his up and coming cap and trade scheme, the fact that he jets off to Vegas for a Harry Reid fundraiser and then off the NY for dinner and a show to be the height of hypocrisy.

How does a POTUS with a $400,000 salary pay for a $1M night on the town out of his own pocket?

Oh, and seated Presidents are not supposed to have political organizations to pay for this stuff either.

600,000 people are losing jobs every month and this guy thinks he's an aristocrat.

Fraulein.. I don't always agree with KittenKoder on the issues, but you're a little out of line to label her an Obama drone. She's one of the few posters that claim to be independent whose posts actually support her claim. ( Unless of course, if she's bored, in which case it seems she'll take any side of the argument just for a good fight :) )

KittenKoder..I think Obama has already done quite a bit to push his environut agenda. Between his public service commercials, his cafe standard legislation and his promise to destroy the coal industry with his up and coming cap and trade scheme, the fact that he jets off to Vegas for a Harry Reid fundraiser and then off the NY for dinner and a show to be the height of hypocrisy.

I don't know what else to call someone who refuses to give this one iota of scrutiny.

I freely disclose my biases and am unapologetic about them.

This guy does not care that 600,000 people a month are losing their jobs. He wants to run healthcare and energy in this country and anyone else's prosperity that gets in the way of that will be smashed.

Forum List

Back