Obamas forget recession and jet to NYC for date night, dinner and a show

This is an outrage! My God! I can't believe it! The horror!
The guy took a night off to have dinner and see a play with his wife.
I can't believe it. This is just horrible.

WTF!!!
Give me a break.
The man deserves a night off without all the haters going crazy!
He could take his wife to BOWLING or watch a movie in the WH bowling lanes or the big theater there

Actually I agree that it's one of the perks of the office, no law against it. To ballyhoo it though, well that's sort of stupid in light of his less than judicious remarks about Las Vegas. Seems there was probably something worthy of attendance at the Kennedy Center or somewhere in DC. He could have saved the Broadway thing for a dual purpose trip, as my guess is there are plenty of reasons to go to NY. He already bought Michelle that ring for winning, and the Hawaiian trip and seems they were in Europe not long ago, they had pizza catered in....

He just seems so 'Hollywood.'

It's relevant because they refuse to say how much the trip cost. If it were not relevant, they would not care.

Let's see, $328,000 for an empty jet to fly to NYC and back.

I'd guess $1M with warm bodies and security in it, and security on the ground.

Just a curious question here. Were you just as outraged when Bush took Airforce one to Texas to cast his vote, because he forgot to mail it in? A postage stamp, verses the cost of Airforce one to fly to Texas and back, I would think is huge cost on the backs of Americans. Do you think he too, need the warm bodies and security?

The abuse of taxpayer money has been happening with regards to presidents from day one.

Last edited:
It's relevant because they refuse to say how much the trip cost. If it were not relevant, they would not care.

Just a curious question here. Were you just as outraged when Bush too Airforce one to Texas to cast his vote, because he forgot to mail it in? A postage stamp, verses the cost of Airforce one to fly to Texas and back, I would think is huge cost on the backs of Americans. Do you think he too, need the warm bodies and security? .

For President? I can't recall a seated President that did not cast his vote in his home state.

Can you think of one who flew in a pizza chef from St. Louis for a pizza party for 150 at the White House?

You have me mistaken for someone who voted for the failed American Idol star.

But at least now you are getting into a REAL issue instead of the crap about *gasp* that steak cost how much? Now, if he actually pushed more environut issues I would agree, but he has done less than past presidents (one really recent :eusa_whistle:) so meh.

Fraulein.. I don't always agree with KittenKoder on the issues, but you're a little out of line to label her an Obama drone. She's one of the few posters that claim to be independent whose posts actually support her claim. ( Unless of course, if she's bored, in which case it seems she'll take any side of the argument just for a good fight :) )

KittenKoder..I think Obama has already done quite a bit to push his environut agenda. Between his public service commercials, his cafe standard legislation and his promise to destroy the coal industry with his up and coming cap and trade scheme, the fact that he jets off to Vegas for a Harry Reid fundraiser and then off the NY for dinner and a show to be the height of hypocrisy.

I don't know what else to call someone who refuses to give this one iota of scrutiny.

I freely disclose my biases and am unapologetic about them.

This guy does not care that 600,000 people a month are losing their jobs. He wants to run healthcare and energy in this country and anyone else's prosperity that gets in the way of that will be smashed.

"Living like an aristocrat" is not scrutiny, it's jealousy. "Wasting tax payers money" is scrutiny. It's not that there isn't a problem it's that you are seeing it from the wrong angle that bothers me, and why? Because it demonstrates partisanship and selective vision. With all the real problems, just because someone "lives it up" doesn't make them bad, on the contrary it helps show strength and trust in our economy (even if there is none really). The problem isn't the corporations like the wingnuts on the left think, the problem isn't the welfare like the wingnuts on the right think, the problem is that there are not enough people spending real money, no matter how it's earned, thus the connection made by the title and you talking points are false and dishonest. You can't make jobs without spending money into the businesses that hire people. He's wasting money in so many places really, and this is one of those few "well, at least he's supporting local businesses".

Just a curious question here. Were you just as outraged when Bush too Airforce one to Texas to cast his vote, because he forgot to mail it in? A postage stamp, verses the cost of Airforce one to fly to Texas and back, I would think is huge cost on the backs of Americans. Do you think he too, need the warm bodies and security? .

For President? I can't recall a seated President that did not cast his vote in his home state.

Can you think of one who flew in a pizza chef from St. Louis for a pizza party for 150 at the White House?

Um.. absentee vote come to mind?

Just a curious question here. Were you just as outraged when Bush took Airforce one to Texas to cast his vote, because he forgot to mail it in? A postage stamp, verses the cost of Airforce one to fly to Texas and back, I would think is huge cost on the backs of Americans. Do you think he too, need the warm bodies and security?

The abuse of taxpayer money has been happening with regards to presidents from day one.

I don't agree with what Bush did, but he wasn't preaching the horseshit Obama is preaching .............

No, "living like an aristocrat" is a fair accusation when 600,000 people are losing their jobs every month. I'm sticking to it.

I already said there will be no new jobs and little disposable income in his economy. He is like Carter. Both of them were focused on managing low expectations.

You really are a drone if you dismiss this as "supporting local business." How about if everybody could support local business again? Do you see that happening anytime soon? I don't.

I don't agree with what Bush did, but he wasn't preaching the horseshit Obama is preaching .............

I understand that, but no one has been able to prove is this on the taxpayers "extra" expense backs, or is any of this coming from his own bank account.

Like I said earlier, I am not a fan of any politician even ones I support using taxpayers money for personal enjoyment. That should be something we taxpayers should be more vocal about.

Can you name a seated President who did not cast his ballot in his home state? How acan you equate that with blowing $1,000,000 on dinner and a show?

I understand that, but no one has been able to prove is this on the taxpayers "extra" expense backs, or is any of this coming from his own bank account.

Like I said earlier, I am not a fan of any politician even ones I support using taxpayers money for personal enjoyment. That should be something we taxpayers should be more vocal about.

No, a guy who thinks he is above the standard of living that he sets for everyone else, including those who make more money than he does, is something to worry about.

How does a guy with a $400,000 salary pay for a $1M trip to NYC for dinner and a show?

No, "living like an aristocrat" is a fair accusation when 600,000 people are losing their jobs every month. I'm sticking to it.

I already said there will be no new jobs and little disposable income in his economy. He is like Carter. Both of them were focused on managing low expectations.

You really are a drone if you dismiss this as "supporting local business." How about if everybody could support local business again? Do you see that happening anytime soon? I don't.

Meh, you are a Limbaugh drone ... two can play. No, his policies and what he does with personal time, two different things and two different effects. Why not focus on the harder issues, like how he is wasting a fortune on pet projects instead of going out on the town once in a while? I could understand if he was doing this every weekend ... but come on, what rich person doesn't spend a bit of extra money on a fancy night out once in a while?

Can you name a seated President who did not cast his ballot in his home state? How acan you equate that with blowing $1,000,000 on dinner and a show?

Doesn't matter if I could or not. The question in hand is how they cast that ballot. Do they take the abstinee route and save the tax payers hundreds of thousands by investing in a stamp, or do they forget the people who sweat to pay taxes and use the Air force one one?

Last edited:

Doesn't matter if I could or not. The question in hand is how they cast that ballot. Do they take the abstinee route and save the tax payers hundreds of thousands by investing in a stamp, or do they forget the people who sweat to pay taxes and use the Air force one one?

Alright, I'll play your game.

Why is it the current POTUS stands on his soapbox everytime he wants us to know he is writing the wrongs of the past, EXCEPT when it comes to wild ass spending by government?

Why do you drones give him a pass on that?

Meh, you are a Limbaugh drone ... two can play. No, his policies and what he does with personal time, two different things and two different effects. Why not focus on the harder issues, like how he is wasting a fortune on pet projects instead of going out on the town once in a while? I could understand if he was doing this every weekend ... but come on, what rich person doesn't spend a bit of extra money on a fancy night out once in a while?

Barack Obama never passes up a chance to berate rich people for what they do with their money, EXCEPT, pay more taxes on it.

You can't be that oblivious to that.

Why is it the current POTUS stands on his soapbox everytime he wants us to know he is writing the wrongs of the past, EXCEPT when it comes to wild ass spending by government?

i could turn around and as you the same, why are you so critical on giving passes, when historically you gave them before? What has changed?

i could turn around and as you the same, why are you so critical on giving passes, when historically you gave them before? What has changed?

You don't know that. I hated what Bush did, but probably not for the same reasons you did.

He damaged the conservative brand. Good riddance.

he's going to be President at least another 3 1/2 years. Broadway's not going anywhere. Stay home, watch a movie in your private theater.

Unfortunately!

Heck why not just host a party and have the show at the white house.

You don't know that. I hated what Bush did, but probably not for the same reasons you did.

He damaged the conservative brand. Good riddance.

My apologies if I angered you. That wasn't my intent, but in debates that sometimes happens. Just stating my opinion. I, like you, regardless of the party, cringe when I hear the taxes I work so hard to pay, are used in friviolous ways. But I don't think it fair to blame only one politician and not the others. I think the blame game is useless, and folks should focus more on demanding that the politicians use their own damn income to pay for their mistakes, vacations... and dates. I don't want to pay for Obama's date, as much as I didn't want to pay for Bush to fly down to Texas on the day of the vote when he could have easily secured that vote less costly. I can say I don't want to all I want, but until taxpayers demand more, nothing will change.

How does a POTUS with a $400,000 salary pay for a $1M night on the town out of his own pocket?

Oh, and seated Presidents are not supposed to have political organizations to pay for this stuff either.

600,000 people are losing jobs every month and this guy thinks he's an aristocrat.

He bitched about the auto big wigs flying to ask for money so now that hes set up a few deals he gets to use the jets!! On our borrowed money.

Did you forget this ALREADY ... its the kool ade
obama-change-poster.jpg

Forum List

Back