Obama's Foreign Policy - mission accomplished

i don't understand, are you standing up for obama or criticizing him?
i think strong sanctions against iran are a good thing. that whole, them having a nuke kinda scares me. maybe you think they should get one. we have 'em right? what i was pointing out was that it is hard to take obama seriously for claiming his foreign policy is increasing our standing in the world when the sanctions he passed were met with two no votes by two of our own allies.
obama is not responsible for n korea's actions. it's just difficult to believe the world is better off now with obama's open hand policies as opposed to bush's policies when n. korea is going around committing acts of war.
and yes, it's troubling when the leader of a country who constantly spews hatred towards the US is aligning his country with Syria and iran.

the fact that you don't find any of this troubling is well, troubling.

I think that the way Obama is handling things is just fine. Is he doing a sterling, brilliant job? No. Is he a disaster? Far from it.

I couldn't give two friggin hoots about Iran. Most people can't. Just because they handed your arse to you on a plate after the revolution, you have this huge chip on your shoulder. Pakistan is more of a threat to the free world than Iran will ever be.

Your standing in the world with your allies is 1000 times better than it was under Bush. You see two of your allies disagreeing with you as somehow bad. Why? Isn't dissent a good thing?

The only reason Chavez gives you guys gyp is because you keep on calling him a dictator and call for sanctions against him. maybe if you kept your nose out of their business, he wouldn't give two shits about you..

I find it troubling that you're troubled by things that have NOTHING to do with you. I bet you're one of these guys who hate 'dern furringers' having an opinion about the US and sticking their noses into your affairs, all the while making statements like you have above...

i'm glad you don't give two hoots about iran. have you been alive these past few years? yeah, the entire reason the US is troubled by the iranian situation is because we got our arse hanted to us.
how is our standing in the world 1000x better with our allies? our relations with GB have been strained, as well as with Israel. who do we have better relations with?
and maybe chavez has been called a dictator for his ending of term limits, suppression of free speech and attempt to takeover private company. but that's none of our business. god forbid we're critical of anything like that.

In a Meet the Press appearance, Robert Gibbs claimed that the Obama administration has “better relationships with countries” and “improved relationships . . . that make our country safer.” Obama and the democrats have consistently put forth the argument that he has restored our image abroad.

So let me get this straight. Bush gets three sanctions passed against Iran with votes of 15-0, 15-0 and 14-0 and he's a unilateralist.

Obama gets one passed, by a vote of 12-2-1. Our allies Turkey and Brazil actually vote against the sanctions. And obama is the great unifier.

Obama's efforts (if there have been any) on the Korean peninsula have resulted in N Korea sinking a S Korean ship.

Things are supposedly great now with Russia. Maybe because we've given in to everything they've asked for. And does anyone ever ask why relations had cooled when Bush left office? could it be that they INVADED GEORGIA? no, it wasn't that, it was because Bush was a warmonger.

Venezuela is building closer ties with Syria and iran.

How exactly, has the Obama open-hand approach been a success?

other than wanting to attribute shrub's stupidity to obama, where does 'mission accomplished' come in?

let me know when the president puts on that stupid flight suit.

*shrug*

"These diplomatic efforts have also strengthened our hand in dealing with those nations that insist on violating international agreements in pursuit of these weapons. That is why North Korea now faces increased isolation, and stronger sanctions - sanctions that are being vigorously enforced. That is why the international community is more united, and the Islamic Republic of Iran is more isolated." State of Union, 2010

So N Korea faced incrase isolation, and what did they do, they committed an act of war against their neighbor.

he internation community is more united, yet when it comes time to vote for sanction in UN, it's actually less united than it was under Bush.

Forum List

Back