Obama's communication disaster

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ilia25, Jun 11, 2012.

1. ilia25

ilia25 I can do math

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Does Obama really think that the private sector is doing just fine? No, he doesn't. His problem is much worse -- Obama is pretty much incapable of expressing his thoughts.

What he wanted to say is that private sector is not hiring not because the taxes are too high. In fact, the private companies are swimming in cash and credit is cheap. But they are not expanding because they don't see enough demand for their products and their existing production capacity is underutilized.

Therefore we need to stimulate the demand, and the easiest way to do that is to help the local governments to hire back teachers they had to layoff.

That is what Obama wanted to say. What he ended up saying instead is that the private sector is doing just fine. The man is beyond help.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  2. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    He is clueless, is the problem. He doesn't understand how the economy works, any more than he understand foreign policy or anything else. He thinks every prblem can be solved by more gov't money.

3. tererun

tererun BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Not having the ability to express his thoughts is not a complain one hears from people who have actually listened to the man and do not get their position spoonfed to them by others. One of the things both sides agree on with Obama is that he does speak well.
    No, I am pretty sure obama is very capable of expressing himself. This would be your idea, and if this is your interpretation of what he said then that is the way to state it.
    You are not helping. I don't see any way hiring back teachers is going to create a demand for their service since the demand for teachers should run steady with population growth. What you said just doesn't make any sense. I am pretty sure that Obama is smarter than that.

4. old navy

old navy <<< Action Figures

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Every time I hear or read about the laid off teachers, I picture classrooms full of kids waiting for the teachers to be hired back. Waiting patiently for someone to walk in and resume the facilitation of learning. That's a funny image. Makes me laugh.

One of Obama's problems (among many) is he just gets up and reads whatever the TOTUS has scrolling. Yes, yes, what a great communicator.

5. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzugbGTj_k4]Biggest Gaffes and Mistakes of Obama - YouTube[/ame]

6. MuadDib

MuadDib He's called The Stig

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThEAO0lt4Dw]Barack Obama "Uh" Count - YouTube[/ame]

7. bitterlyclingin

bitterlyclingin Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +448
    Obama has no clue as to what the private sector is even about. When you're spending most of your time garnering hefty donations from hedge fund managers and Hollywood Stars you become a little deficient in that category. In Obama's case he was never proficient to begin with, his philosophy is, and has always been that all wealth emanates from Governments' largesse, like Bassir Assad with dollars, instead of bullets. At least for the time being.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. ilia25

ilia25 I can do math

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99
    That a typical case when people take form for the substance. They look at the manner he speaks and it looks cool and smart to stem. But they do not listen to the words.

I have actually listened.

So you believe he really thinks that the private sector is doing just fine?

That is not what I said. The teachers were laid off not because there were too many of them, but because state/local governments were lacking cash. Laid off teacher cuts back on spending -- he stops dining out, he does not buy a new car or a TV. So all those private companies see their sales plunging. They lay off workers too, and this is how the economy gets into depression, which is a state of high unemployment and depressed incomes.

Helping states to hire back the teachers (and other public workers) will reverse this process, and pull the economy out of depression.

I'm sure Obama was told this, and may be he even got some of this. But he is not capable of explaining this to the public. The result is bad for him, and even worse for the rest of us.

9. ilia25

ilia25 I can do math

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Laying off public workers sank the economy, and put it into the depression we were living in since 2008. And, BTW, the depressed economy is the reason the federal government had to run huge deficits. Not something that makes you laugh.

10. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,525
    This is hilarious.

In 2008, John McCain said, "the fundamentals of our economy are strong," and the Left had a field day while the Right went on the defensive.

Four years later, Obama says the private sector is doing fine, and in true Orwellian fashion, the Right is having a field day while the Left goes on the defensive.

"We have always been at war with Eastasia."

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1