Obama's Church

How odd it didn't make the evening news.

There's a slave trade, you betcha. Who runs it? THe farmers? Are you serious?

How odd it didn't make the evening news.

There's a slave trade, you betcha. Who runs it? THe farmers? Are you serious?

It was a couple of years ago. They brought Mexicans in by truck, housed them like sardines in shacks with no running water, etc., and wouldn't let them leave until they paid off their "debt" of transportation.

did you all know that there are slaves all over this country...east indian, chinese....all owned by americans that are most likely not white....gasp! lets destroy brownness culture now!

It was a couple of years ago. They brought Mexicans in by truck, housed them like sardines in shacks with no running water, etc., and wouldn't let them leave until they paid off their "debt" of transportation.

Other sorts of slaves, too:

http://www.now.org/nnt/summer-2000/slavery.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/23/48hours/main675913.shtml

http://www.slate.com/id/2120331/

http://gvnet.com/humantrafficking/USA.htm

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/Story?id=3199772&page=1

There are all too many who really are not paying attention to what is happening, and as for news, well EVERYBODY knows that paris hilton and l. ron hubbard's clone child or baseball steroids are exponentially more important than something as uninteresting as slavery.

I pay attention, hence my irritation with people who seem to think mainstream Americans are horrible racists...when this isn't a mainstream America issue. This is an issue which involves border security, immigration, and the wide spread civil rights violations taking place in other countries. We're so busy blaming ourselves for past offenses, and blaming ourselves for daring to tell others what to do in their own countries that this sort of thing seeps right through to us.

So the next time anyone wants to call Americans racist, ask yourself how many other countries have fought and bled for the rights of others as many times as we have? How many other countries fought a civil war (and I don't mean ethnic cleansing or political coups) on the premise that all men are created equal, and how many other countries were created on that premise?

We're no perfect, but we're the only place in the world that is structured to right wrongs and allows the downtrodden a voice. We don't have to be ashamed eternally of the stupidity of a few, of past slavery, or anything else any more than the Swedes, Irish, Brits, Africans (choose a country) or anybody else, and we have a lot more to be proud of when it comes to having a record of RIGHTING WRONGS.

"A House-approved bill, The Trafficking Victims Protection Act (H.R. 3244), passed the Senate".....from the article referenced in your previous post.

"some are deceived by offers of legitimate work in another country; some are sold by their own poverty-stricken parents or are themselves driven by poverty to traffickers who profit from their desperation." In case you missed it, that's not middle American traffickers. Though I know we are, by and large, horrible and racist and don't feel half as guilty as we SHOULD for things that happened long before any of us were born, and which have been RECTIFIED, and which our families actually BLED for....

So pardon me if I don't feel guilty enough. I'm pretty happy with the way our country handles civil rights issues. We've got the rest of the world beat by miles.

Oh, so we're only supposed to respond to those things which are either directed at us, or pertain only to us?

"There are all too many who really are not paying attention to what is happening, and as for news, well EVERYBODY knows that paris hilton and l. ron hubbard's clone child or baseball steroids are exponentially more important than something as uninteresting as slavery."

It's a message board. I get to respond to it. "All too many" there may be, but I'm not one of them, and honey, I can say so. If you only want particular people to respond, IM them.

Allie, why'n'tcha get a LIFE, for goodness sakes!

PPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a life, which is why I understand the idiocy of expecting middle class Americans to feel eternally guilty for things that are over and done with, and for which we already paid plenty.

We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.

The Pastor as well as the membership of Trinity United Church of Christ is committed to a 10-point Vision:

A congregation committed to ADORATION.
A congregation preaching SALVATION.
A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION.
A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.
A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION.
A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION.
A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF AFRICAN PEOPLE IN DIASPORA.
A congregation committed to LIBERATION.
A congregation committed to RESTORATION.
A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY.

the same 'africa' that sold them into slavery? interesting.

We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.

What exactly do you object to?

Ya want them to love Sweden or Norway?

Ya want them to just sit around, do nothing, and feel sorry for themselves?

Ya want them to NOT be Christians?

Ya think they should be ashamed of being Black?

As for the BLACK worship service, thank goodness for that, as it would be horrible if they suddenly started singing like those pathetic white Methodist New Englanders, the ones that have no idea what a "joyful noise" is!
Psalm 100

A psalm. For giving thanks.

1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.

2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.

3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.

5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Last edited:
What exactly do you object to?

Ya want them to love Sweden or Norway?

Ya want them to just sit around, do nothing, and feel sorry for themselves?

Ya want them to NOT be Christians?

Ya think they should be ashamed of being Black?

As for the BLACK worship service, thank goodness for that, as it would be horrible if they suddenly started singing like those pathetic white Methodist New Englanders, the ones that have no idea what a "joyful noise" is!
Psalm 100

A psalm. For giving thanks.

1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.

2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.

3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.

5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Yes and while we're praising, lets say God Damn America!! Lift the Lord up higher and post Hamas Manifestos on our website......Call unto God so that he may bring about the destruction of the white enemy......

:wtf:

Forum List

Back