Obama's approval numbers slip back to the low 40's

GStarz

Feb 14, 2011
Barack Obama aka Barry S (2 different last names beginning with S!)The Little Prince is back to where he was for most of last year, in the low 40's approval rating. Maybe this would be different if he didn't freak normal people out - his diehard supporters don't qualify - by bowing to Saudi princes, demanding that NASA's(!) first priority be to "reach out to Muslims" and continue to hide his citizenship records (don't debate why he's doing it, he's just doing it, and that could mean anything from sadism to paranoia to holding the office illegally - ya gotta know if that had been about George Bush the NY Times would have it on the front page every day, like they did Bush's ultimately phony military records created by liberals to embarrass Bush.)

This from Rasmussen Reports, the polling agency that liberals loved when they said Bush's poll numbers were low, but now they hate because they're saying Obama's are poor!

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 23% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-one percent (41%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -18 (see trends).

Yesterday and today mark the president’s lowest ratings since mid-December. It remains to be seen whether this is merely the result of statistical noise or a change in perceptions of President Obama. For most of 2010, more than 40% of voters voiced Strong Disapproval of the president. However, following his December agreement with Senate Republicans to extend the Bush tax cuts, the level of Strong Disapproval had declined.

HERE'S the complete story

Last edited:
Im going to chime in here as a conservative leaning board member:

I don't care.

Obama could have 99% approval level. He could have 0% approval level. It's a poll. What it is today won't effect what is going on in November 2012.

And his approval numbers (or lack thereof) is not going to effect the way I think of him. If he does something I approve of, ill support him in that. If he does something I oppose. I am going to oppose him.

Simple as that. These numbers dont matter a hill of beans.

Oh Rasmussen! I was confused for a second there - I thought you were going to quote a legitimate poll.

Barack Obama aka Barry S (2 different last names beginning with S!)The Little Prince is back to where he was for most of last year, in the low 40's approval rating. Maybe this would be different if he didn't freak normal people out - his diehard supporters don't qualify - by bowing to Saudi princes, demanding that NASA's(!) first priority be to "reach out to Muslims" and continue to hide his citizenship records (don't debate why he's doing it, he's just doing it, and that could mean anything from sadism to paranoia to holding the office illegally - ya gotta know if that had been about George Bush the NY Times would have it on the front page every day, like they did Bush's ultimately phony military records created by liberals to embarrass Bush.)

This from Rasmussen Reports, the polling agency that liberals loved when they said Bush's poll numbers were low, but now they hate because they're saying Obama's are poor!

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 23% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-one percent (41%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -18 (see trends).

Yesterday and today mark the president’s lowest ratings since mid-December. It remains to be seen whether this is merely the result of statistical noise or a change in perceptions of President Obama. For most of 2010, more than 40% of voters voiced Strong Disapproval of the president. However, following his December agreement with Senate Republicans to extend the Bush tax cuts, the level of Strong Disapproval had declined.

why are you lying?

RCP Average is still at 49% approval rating.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html
sucks being you.

I don't care.

Obama could have 99% approval level. He could have 0% approval level. It's a poll. What it is today won't effect what is going on in November 2012.

And his approval numbers (or lack thereof) is not going to effect the way I think of him. If he does something I approve of, ill support him in that. If he does something I oppose. I am going to oppose him.

Whhhooooaaaa, Au contrair, Avatar! They very much matter! Polls effect his political capital to get things done, to sway moderate democrats to stay with him or abandon him, to support his more radical agenda aspects or to vote against them. Everything in politics is driven by polls, like gas in your car. Right now from a political - not numerical - standpoint, Obama is getting near empty, because when you slip into the upper 30's, your political capital is gone completely.

Uh-uh. This is important. There maybe be nothing you can do about it, but as news this is important. The more this fact spreads around the country, the less power Obama will have politically. Any DC politico can tell you that. This is basic - and important. That's why it gets reported.

Oh Rasmussen! I was confused for a second there - I thought you were going to quote a legitimate poll.

You libs loved it when he was bashing Bush. The Rasmussen site has kudos from every news agency there is, including the very liberal CNN. Get a life.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised, He TRIED to pretend he was a centrist for about a minute, then he went right back to being the Radical he is.

Obama makes America feel so third world like.

Being trailer trash, I thought you'd be happy if the country appeared to heading towards your standard of living?

what tank means by "third world like" is that he's black.

but good ole tank is trailer trash for sure.

though that might be an insult to trash...

and trailers.

I don't care.

Two posts in, and Avatar's point is made quite well :clap2:

I don't care.

Two posts in, and Avatar's point is made quite well :clap2:

That probably went a little over my head.

But how are these two posts, connected?:eusa_eh:

why are you lying?

RCP Average is still at 49% approval rating.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval
sucks being you.

Hey genius, that site ALSO lists Rasmussen's poll at 44%. It also averages out 4 left-leaning polls against 1 right-leaning (Fox) and 1 true independent Rasmussen, and Rasmussen was beloved by liberals when they had bush's numbers low, so drop the BS double standard. Those other agencies also don;t have Rasmussen's kudos from all those other news agencies. Obama and the democrats suck and everyone knows it, hence last November's Republican landslide.

Last edited:
I'll hold out for the MSNBC poll that will show him at a gazillion percent approval.

MSNBC, the most liberal of the bunch, is also calling for Obama to release his long form birth certificate! Gotta love it! Obama is politically getting what he asked for!

I do not understand why so many, especially on the left, think that Rasmussen is so bad?

"In 2008, Obama won 53%-46% and our final poll showed Obama winning 52% to 46%. While we were pleased with the final result, Rasmussen Reports was especially pleased with the stability of our results. On every single day for the last six weeks of the campaign, our daily tracking showed Obama with a stable and solid lead attracting more than 50% of the vote.

In 2004 George W. Bush received 50.7% of the vote while John Kerry earned 48.3%. Rasmussen Reports polling projected that Bush would win 50.2% to 48.5%. We were the only firm to project both candidates' totals within half a percentage point by (see our 2004 results). "

Seems like honest and accurate results to me.

Forum List

Back