Obama's approval numbers slip back to the low 40's

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GStarz, Feb 21, 2011.

1. GStarz

GStarz Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Barack Obama aka Barry S (2 different last names beginning with S!)The Little Prince is back to where he was for most of last year, in the low 40's approval rating. Maybe this would be different if he didn't freak normal people out - his diehard supporters don't qualify - by bowing to Saudi princes, demanding that NASA's(!) first priority be to "reach out to Muslims" and continue to hide his citizenship records (don't debate why he's doing it, he's just doing it, and that could mean anything from sadism to paranoia to holding the office illegally - ya gotta know if that had been about George Bush the NY Times would have it on the front page every day, like they did Bush's ultimately phony military records created by liberals to embarrass Bush.)

This from Rasmussen Reports, the polling agency that liberals loved when they said Bush's poll numbers were low, but now they hate because they're saying Obama's are poor!

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 23% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-one percent (41%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -18 (see trends).

Yesterday and today mark the president’s lowest ratings since mid-December. It remains to be seen whether this is merely the result of statistical noise or a change in perceptions of President Obama. For most of 2010, more than 40% of voters voiced Strong Disapproval of the president. However, following his December agreement with Senate Republicans to extend the Bush tax cuts, the level of Strong Disapproval had declined.

HERE'S the complete story

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Im going to chime in here as a conservative leaning board member:

I don't care.

Obama could have 99% approval level. He could have 0% approval level. It's a poll. What it is today won't effect what is going on in November 2012.

And his approval numbers (or lack thereof) is not going to effect the way I think of him. If he does something I approve of, ill support him in that. If he does something I oppose. I am going to oppose him.

Simple as that. These numbers dont matter a hill of beans.

3. Cuyo

Cuyo Training a Guineapig army

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    Oh Rasmussen! I was confused for a second there - I thought you were going to quote a legitimate poll.

4. Tank

Tank Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,961
    Obama makes America feel so third world like.

5. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,221
    Being trailer trash, I thought you'd be happy if the country appeared to heading towards your standard of living?

6. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    why are you lying?

RCP Average is still at 49% approval rating.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html
    sucks being you.

7. GStarz

GStarz Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Whhhooooaaaa, Au contrair, Avatar! They very much matter! Polls effect his political capital to get things done, to sway moderate democrats to stay with him or abandon him, to support his more radical agenda aspects or to vote against them. Everything in politics is driven by polls, like gas in your car. Right now from a political - not numerical - standpoint, Obama is getting near empty, because when you slip into the upper 30's, your political capital is gone completely.

Uh-uh. This is important. There maybe be nothing you can do about it, but as news this is important. The more this fact spreads around the country, the less power Obama will have politically. Any DC politico can tell you that. This is basic - and important. That's why it gets reported.

8. EriktheRed

EriktheRed Eh...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732
    Got any pollers besides Rasmussen?

9. GStarz

GStarz Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32
    You libs loved it when he was bashing Bush. The Rasmussen site has kudos from every news agency there is, including the very liberal CNN. Get a life.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  10. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    I'm not surprised, He TRIED to pretend he was a centrist for about a minute, then he went right back to being the Radical he is.