Obama's Approval at 51%

I've always considered him as mediocre as any of our modern Presidents. 50% or so is exactly where he should be.
and like bush a half assed leader.....but he has tried to do some good,i just feel he took on more than what he was able to handle because he was pretty inexperienced...like his health care....

The ACA and the Iraq debacle stand out with the two, but aside from that they always just seemed kinda... there. I found nothing spectacular or terrible about either of them.

Actually the whole "inexperienced" meme is a myth -- O'bama is right in the median for POTUS candidates historically and certainly more than Bush. But I agree with the final analysis.
Bush was at least a 2 term governor of a big state...i cant see how you think Obama was better primed for the presidency than that...

I've always considered him as mediocre as any of our modern Presidents. 50% or so is exactly where he should be.
and like bush a half assed leader.....but he has tried to do some good,i just feel he took on more than what he was able to handle because he was pretty inexperienced...like his health care....

The ACA and the Iraq debacle stand out with the two, but aside from that they always just seemed kinda... there. I found nothing spectacular or terrible about either of them.
he would have had more support if he would have just tried to set up a plan to help those who needed Ins....

That's where Joe Lieberman and his hip-deep-in-insurance-company wife came in. Remember the "public option"?
Nice guy Joe Lieberman. Made a quick exit, leaving the turd on Obama's door hoping nobody would notice.

Actually the whole "inexperienced" meme is a myth -- O'bama is right in the median for POTUS candidates historically and certainly more than Bush. But I agree with the final analysis.
Bush was at least a 2 term governor of a big state...i cant see how you think Obama would be better primed for the presidency than that...

Actually 1½ terms, since he resigned during his second term. 6 years versus O'bama's 12 years in state senate and Congress.

The way I learned math, 12 is more than six. And again, that's right in the median of POTUS pre-experience. It's "average".

As I said --- a myth.

I do believe Obama was the least experienced President in a long time going in, but it's not something I criticize him for. Hell, I think Hillary would be one of the most experienced in a long time going in, and I wouldn't vote for her if you held a gun to my head.

Obama's approval at 51%, guess he's doing something right.

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama
Yeah he's leaving in a few months
You will miss him when he is gone
Nope.

Haven't missed any ex presidents and don't expect to in my lifetime

Once Hillary takes over, you will miss the days of Obama

Probably not. I've found that most of the idiots that have inhabited the white house to have had very little effect on my life.

I do believe Obama was the least experienced President in a long time going in, but it's not something I criticize him for. Hell, I think Hillary would be one of the most experienced in a long time going in, and I wouldn't vote for her if you held a gun to my head.

Actually George W. Bush with the aforementioned six years was the least experienced since at least FDR and Hoover (also 6 years each), if we don't count their cabinet positions. If we do, you go back at least to Taft, which is over a century ago. O'bama's 12 years surpasses several, including Reagan and Eisenhower.

Yeah he's leaving in a few months
You will miss him when he is gone
Nope.

Haven't missed any ex presidents and don't expect to in my lifetime

Once Hillary takes over, you will miss the days of Obama

Probably not. I've found that most of the idiots that have inhabited the white house to have had very little effect on my life.

Agreed. Both sides predict doom and gloom if their guy doesn't win, but in reality most people experience very little change in their lives depending on who inhabits the White House. Politics really is stupid. :lol:

This alone should have brought him under 40%!

CO0L6wr.jpg

How many times do we have to tell you, women don't fucking care if a trans person wants to use the ladies' room.

You a$$hats keep telling us you're going to protect us from rapists and perverts. Transgendered people aren't rapists and perverts. They're sad, scared people who want to take a pee without getting beat up. Women can actually identify with that.

Try teaching men that raping is wrong. When guys talk shit about women, teach them that it's wrong. Teach men not to rape women. When you see someone giving a women a hard time, don't assume she "asked for it", tell the guy to back off.

DO SOMETHING THAT RELATES TO ASSAULT ON WOMEN AND GIRLS AND LEAVE TRANS PEOPLE OUT OF IT.

Bush was at least a 2 term governor of a big state...i cant see how you think Obama would be better primed for the presidency than that...

Actually 1½ terms, since he resigned during his second term. 6 years versus O'bama's 12 years in state senate and Congress.

The way I learned math, 12 is more than six. And again, that's right in the median of POTUS pre-experience. It's "average".

As I said --- a myth.
a governor is better equipped to be a president since they actually govern over a group of citizens and have a budget and other functions to watch over.....a senator does not govern millions.....but it doesnt matter they both were and are half-assed presidents...

As I said --- a myth.
a governor is better equipped to be a president since they actually govern over a group of citizens and have a budget and other functions to watch over.....a senator does not govern millions.....but it doesnt matter they both were and are half-assed presidents...

Now you're moving your own goalposts. Twelve is still more than six. Twice as much in fact. Ergo: Myth. QED.

As I said --- a myth.

Now you're moving your own goalposts. Twelve is still more than six. Twice as much in fact. Ergo: Myth. QED.
not moving any goal posts....a governor is like a mini president.....a Senator is not....so which of those would have more experience governing?....

300 million plus americans in this country and despite all the hate coming from the right, people in this country admire, respect and will miss this brother when he's gone and I like so many, will cry just a wee bit at his leaving....I really really love President Obama and all he's done for this country and our families.....love love love the man.

Forum List

Back