Obamacare Is Now on Life Support

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
Is this a really, really bad time we told you so? The thing is a disaster and the only good thing that came from it is many democrat legislators lost their seats over it

Democrats gained the political muscle to push the Affordable Care Act (ACA) through Congress on three basic arguments.

First,
they argued that the United States had too many uninsured people, with estimates ranging from 30 million to 45 million.

Second, the rise in costs for health care outstripped inflation, and the market required an intervention that would bend the cost curve downward.

Third, Democrats claimed that insurance companies made too much profit and shorted most consumers on care, while those with generous health plans – so-called “Cadillac plans” – drove up utilization rates and costs for everyone else.

The only solution for these ills was a massive government intervention, complete with mandates for all participants in the market, including providers, insurers, and consumers. Once government ran this market, Democrats promised, consumers would see their premiums decrease (by $2,500 a year, according to Barack Obama), insurers would gain access to vast numbers of new consumers who couldn’t get insurance before, and the lifting of cost burdens would spark a job-creation surge that would lift the economy.

Such were the promises of Obamacare five years ago. The reality began looking much different in the fall of 2013, when the first open-enrollment period turned into a disaster. Millions of insurance policies were canceled even though the health care exchanges failed to work properly.

Obamacare has depressed job growth, costs are escalating at a higher rate, barely a dent has been made in the numbers of uninsured, and insurers are either exiting the markets or failing altogether

Obamacare Is Now on Life Support

Obamacare is Hurting Real People

Amid all the data and developments that illustrate the comprehensive failure of Obamacare -- often based on its supporters' own metrics -- it can be easy to lose sight of the fact that these failures aren't just theoretical. They're actively hurting real people. Working and middle-class families have to grapple with the fears and financial instability associated with increasing, unaffordable costs. "Access shock" prevents individuals from securing the care they need. Rising cost curvesimpact the government's budget, which affects taxpayers. Millions of people have been stripped of their existing healthcare arrangements, including hundreds of thousands as a result of the law's collapsing co-ops, in violation of a solemn presidential promise. Healthcare policy is by its very nature deeply personal, which is why Republicans are right to continue their fight against this damaging law. Obamacare supporters dishonestly presented their legislation as a no-lose proposition, a delusion that is being painfully pierced by reality every single day. In California, the strain imposed by Obamacare's supposedly "compassionate" Medicaid expansion is constricting resources for other people in need...

Reminder: Obamacare is Hurting Real People

:lol:

The next President, whoever he or she is, will be calling Obamacare "the ACA". It won't matter if it is a Republican or Democrat.

And they will spend their entire Administration working with Congress to patch "the ACA".

So bookmark this topic and let's see who was right, vis a vis ObamaCare being on death's door.

When ObamaCare finally does pass into the dustbin of history, it will be to make room for single payer healthcare. The Republican party sold us all down that river before Sassy was out of diapers.

The rest is theater for the rubes to parrot.

nd1wg0.jpg

Obaaaa....

mn2oli.jpg

maaaaaa!!!

The GOP has STILL not put a comprehensive alternative health care reform on the table.

After all these years.

That's how you know this is all theater for the rubes.

A DC health care lobbyist laughed when I said that. He said, "And the rubes all live along and below the Mason-Dixon line."

"End of Obamacare!" Yall been singing this tune since 2010.

I'm sure the republican congress will repeal obamacare any day now !! Lol!!

You're not paying attention, it's imploding upon itself. Like we said it would

Yes! Like you've said for 5 years now !! Scuse me if not buying it.

I feel sorry for you rubes. It's imploding, losing millions, eventually it will fail, it can't be saved

I feel sorry for you rubes. It's imploding, losing millions, eventually it will fail, it can't be saved

I thought the GOP congress was going to fix things ??

I thought the GOP congress was going to fix things ??

This is about Obamacare imploding, it's a democrat brain child...or abortion. Deflecting won't work

:lol:

The next President, whoever he or she is, will be calling Obamacare "the ACA". It won't matter if it is a Republican or Democrat.

And they will spend their entire Administration working with Congress to patch "the ACA".

So bookmark this topic and let's see who was right, vis a vis ObamaCare being on death's door.

When ObamaCare finally does pass into the dustbin of history, it will be to make room for single payer healthcare. The Republican party sold us all down that river before Sassy was out of diapers.

The rest is theater for the rubes to parrot.

nd1wg0.jpg

Obaaaa....

mn2oli.jpg

maaaaaa!!!

So America turns to the same people who created Obamacare so that they can now create a single payer system?

How stupid can people really be I wonder?

And for five years its been going down the toilet:

First went the state mandate

Then went national coverage. 5-10% of the country has never been covered by Ocare with Western MS being the biggest contiguous area.

The cost containment group never launched.

The risk corridor has been abandoned

The Cadillac and medical equipment tax is being postponed for another two years.

Net increases in the insurers pool have been negative from the get-go and getting worse.

No matter who is elected president the house will only become more Republican and most likely the Senate.

The GOP has STILL not put a comprehensive alternative health care reform on the table.

After all these years.

That's how you know this is all theater for the rubes.

A DC health care lobbyist laughed when I said that. He said, "And the rubes all live along and below the Mason-Dixon line."

Here's my counter proposal, pound sand you lawless thug liberals.

Forum List

Back