Obamacare Declared Unconstitutional by Federal Judge

The problem with employer provided health plans is they are not transferable. Lose your job or decide to go into business for yourself you are on your own.
Employees are literally chained to a job if they or their family have a serious illness

That's not a problem of "employer provided health plans" but a problem of a health care system that doesn't cover everyone and lets folks fall through the cracks. Obamacare partly healed that defect by prohibiting discrimination based on pre-existing conditions, hence the right-wingers' howling. Even if your job is terminated, there would be no problem if you just sign up, with government subsidies if need be, for an individual plan.
Exactly

Conservatives claim to support individual entrepreneurship, yet nothing prevents it like being tied to an employers health plan because you or your family members are ill

Dumping every high risk person in the same pool cant survive. The key is that everyone is entitled to health insurance at the same rate as everyone else.
Want to insure the healthy people, you have to insure the sick

The idea of health "insurance" for people who are already ill is absurd. The idea of "insurance" for events that have already taken place is actually pretty stupid. Warren Buffett won't sell you GEICO insurance if you have already wrecked your ride.

As far as Indigent individuals with high medical bills, I have no problem with providing private or even public charities to provide care to these misfortunates suffering in destitution. Addressing help that can be given to these folks stuck between a rock as well as a hard place is a worthy topic of public importance.

But it has nothing to do with "insurance" and shouldn't affect the relationship that I have with my own insurance family or personal physicians in the least.

I'm not jumping for joy until it's died at the hands of Thomas and Gorsuch.

That said, the bed wetters will never give up on the collectivist agenda worldwide. That's why they don't just move to some nanny state shithole where they can die of cholera eating the hospital salad.

Was it necessary to flood the board with this? Good news and stuff, but still...
A technical error caused the multiple posts for which I apologize, but I asked the moderators to delete all but one of these threads which has been done already.

STATISM-Ideas-so-good.jpg

REJECTED'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, Twenty Red states (including all on the list of ten worst states for healthcare) went to court to argue their case.

Who defended the law? Well, the government was supposed to defend it in court. But Trump did not defend it.

So you had only one side present their case to a judge with a record of not liking the ACA.

The judge ois a fucking idiuot. He sais when the Republicans took out the penaly for not being insured that it made the whole thong unconstitutional.

Well, there is still a penalty. It just happens to be zero.

Fuck that judge.

Fuck the Republican party.

They have no alternative. They had two fucking years & they did NOTHING.

So, Twenty Red states (including all on the list of ten worst states for healthcare) went to court to argue their case.

Who defended the law? Well, the government was supposed to defend it in court. But Trump did not defend it.

So you had only one side present their case to a judge with a record of not liking the ACA.

The judge ois a fucking idiuot. He sais when the Republicans took out the penaly for not being insured that it made the whole thong unconstitutional.

Fuck that judge.

Fuck Obamacare....twice.

Libs love judge shopping, it’s about time Cons used the Lib playbook.

:21:

Fuck that judge.

An alternative was not needed scrub. Need to see a doctor? Buy your own insurance or pay cash.
If you want to expand the programs for the poor, fine we can debate that, but destroying the system for everyone else in the process was unnecessary

Fuck that judge.

An alternative was not needed scrub. Need to see a doctor? Buy your own insurance or pay cash.
If you want to expand the programs for the poor, fine we can debate that, but destroying the system for everyone else in the process was unnecessary
It blows my mind you have to tell an adult that. Then again, it's an NPC.

Here we go again, sports fans...The Boiking's "signature" chunk of incomprehensibility, costliness, and general disdain declared UNCONSTITUTIONAL -lock, stock, and barrel- by a federal judge in Texas.

:banana::spinner: :rock:

Certain to make it back to USSC, where Murica may well FINALLY be done with this crony giveaway to Big Insurance, and general bureaucratic pain in the ass.

Federal judge in Texas strikes down ObamaCare

Its really going to be up to the Democrat Party now that the end of the ACA is now settled law.

With a majority in the House, they need to get together and put forward a Tremendous Health Care program which will perform as Obama promised. Lower costs, more access, better, Tremendous style healthcare and complete freedom to patients as well as health care facilities.

The end? Not yet, it will work it's way all the way back to SCOTUS.

This is from the Marketplace this morning:

The district court decision in Texas v. Azar is still moving through the courts. The Marketplaces are still open for business, and we will continue with open enrollment. There will be no impact to enrollee’s current coverage or their coverage in a 2019 plan.

Maybe it might be overturned, maybe it might not be. But Nancy and Chuck need to work just in case to frame a health care plan that is acceptable to Republicans. They said they wanted to rule and cooperate with Republicans, this is their chance.

Dumping every high risk person in the same pool cant survive. The key is that everyone is entitled to health insurance at the same rate as everyone else.

The idea of health "insurance" for people who are already ill is absurd. The idea of "insurance" for events that have already taken place is actually pretty stupid. Warren Buffett won't sell you GEICO insurance if you have already wrecked your ride.

As far as Indigent individuals with high medical bills, I have no problem with providing private or even public charities to provide care to these misfortunates suffering in destitution. Addressing help that can be given to these folks stuck between a rock as well as a hard place is a worthy topic of public importance.

But it has nothing to do with "insurance" and shouldn't affect the relationship that I have with my own insurance family or personal physicians in the least.
they had insurance when healthy and paid for it for decades, then when they got sick, insurance companies dropped them

they had insurance when healthy and paid for it for decades, then when they got sick, insurance companies dropped them

I don't think that is most people. But for someone like that, people should be able to buy insurance that will guarantee their future insurability. "uncancellable" policies that won't be discontinued except for nonpayment of premiums.

Forum List

Back