Obamacare creating jobs liked promised

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
In China.

Boston Scientific Corp. said yesterday that it plans to eliminate 1,200 to 1,400 jobs worldwide during the next 2 1/2 years to free money for new investments, the Natick medical device maker’s second major round of cuts since last year.

The company would not say how many jobs will be lost in Massachusetts, where fewer than 2,000 of its 25,000 employees are based. In February 2010, Boston Scientific said it would pare 1,300 jobs worldwide, but similarly did not say where.

Yesterday’s move, a day after Boston Scientific disclosed it was investing $150 million and hiring 1,000 people in China, raised fears that the company will gradually shift more work to foreign sites with less government oversight and lower costs than the United States.

Boston Scientific to lay off 1,200-plus - The Boston Globe

I am sure that by now someone is salivating with the thought that they get to call me a liar. The truth is that these firms warned about this happening 14 months ago.

Massachusetts medical-device companies say they’ll cut back on operational costs - and jobs - after a planned 2.3 percent tax on their products is implemented in 2013, according to a new survey.
The Massachusetts Medical Device Industry Council, which held its annual meeting yesterday in Boston, said about 90 percent of the 100 medical-device firms said they would reduce costs due to the new tax tucked into the recently passed health-care reform bill.

Mass. device firms see health law as burden - BostonHerald.com

Congratulations to Obama, Reid, and Pelosi for another job killing tax.

Pelosi was right!

We have to pass it to see what is in it

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture2370-ocare2.jpg

A several layer problem with this one.

Loss of jobs
Less product which may result in higher costs.

Pelosi was right!

One of the more insidious sneaky low down dirty tricks the dems pulled, was sticking a real estate transfer tax into the Obamacare bill.
How the federal government can give itself the right to tax home sales is a mystery to me.

Don't forget that Obama gave 2 billion to Brazil for oil exploration for the last 2 years.
Jobs for China and Brazil but not for Americans.
Don't forget Obama ideology - " Redistribution of Wealth". Marxism at it's finest.

Pelosi was right!

One of the more insidious sneaky low down dirty tricks the dems pulled, was sticking a real estate transfer tax into the Obamacare bill.
How the federal government can give itself the right to tax home sales is a mystery to me.

Just remember... its like the light in the refrigerator.... you don't need to know how it works.

Pelosi was right!

In 2010 my real estate agent who is a Democrat flatly told me there was no real estate tax in ObamaCare™, even got huffy about it.

Fast forward to this summer and the man had lost a few inches of height, and was deeply depressed, any wonder why.

None. It seems the hope he got was full of change....

:eusa_whistle:

Pelosi was right!

In 2010 my real estate agent who is a Democrat flatly told me there was no real estate tax in ObamaCare™, even got huffy about it.

Fast forward to this summer and the man had lost a few inches of height, and was deeply depressed, any wonder why.

None. It seems the hope he got was full of change....

:eusa_whistle:

That wasnt the only thing they snuck by.

Many are unaware that small contractors are now treated as if they were big business if they have 5 or more employees. Do you think they will hire or expand? If the jobs necessitate hiring do you think they will hire guys with families so the fine can be triggered.

I can tell you no they wont and I wont.

In China.

Boston Scientific Corp. said yesterday that it plans to eliminate 1,200 to 1,400 jobs worldwide during the next 2 1/2 years to free money for new investments, the Natick medical device maker’s second major round of cuts since last year.

The company would not say how many jobs will be lost in Massachusetts, where fewer than 2,000 of its 25,000 employees are based. In February 2010, Boston Scientific said it would pare 1,300 jobs worldwide, but similarly did not say where.

Yesterday’s move, a day after Boston Scientific disclosed it was investing $150 million and hiring 1,000 people in China, raised fears that the company will gradually shift more work to foreign sites with less government oversight and lower costs than the United States.

I am sure that by now someone is salivating with the thought that they get to call me a liar. The truth is that these firms warned about this happening 14 months ago.

Massachusetts medical-device companies say they’ll cut back on operational costs - and jobs - after a planned 2.3 percent tax on their products is implemented in 2013, according to a new survey.
The Massachusetts Medical Device Industry Council, which held its annual meeting yesterday in Boston, said about 90 percent of the 100 medical-device firms said they would reduce costs due to the new tax tucked into the recently passed health-care reform bill.

The thought hasn't occurred to you that BSC just sees a profitable opportunity in China, did it?

Of course not, because that isn't the way you roll, is it?

One of the other job killing aspects of Obamacare is what people who are just over the income threshold of not being subsidized.
I believe the income ceiling for the subsidy is around $60k per year for a married couple.
If a family's income is higher, they must pay 18% of their gross income for the "free" government insurance.
For example a couple where one spouse earns $55k and the other $25k may consider the lower income person simply quit working to avoid the Obamacare tax.
Of course the other side will state that they can stay with their employer's insurance.
There won't be any. Large employers will simply drop coverage. Their employees will be told to go to the government exchange. The employer will save tons of money by simply paying the 8% per employer surcharge.
This whole Obamacare scheme is a path to single payer( European style socialized medicine).
Single payer is a failure for any person who needs more than just routine medical care.

Congratulations to Obama, Reid, and Pelosi for another job killing tax.[/QUOTE]
The thought hasn't occurred to you that BSC just sees a profitable opportunity in China, did it?

That is just the point to this problem. China is not dumping huge and insane taxes and regulations onto their economy in the middle of a global depression. Companies in BSC are just behaving in a rational manner, moving operations from high cost areas to low cost areas.

Moving operations is not a freebie. China despite the fact they have a work force that will work 14 hours per day for shit wages has huge costs associated with doing business there. Obamacare is just the tipping point where companies feel the risks of dealing the with chinese government are less than dealing with the risks of Obamacare.

Comrades

with Papa Obama's new lows in the polls
it may be time to bring out the children again to save us

Rejoice
The one is with us

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtGrp5MbzAI]‪Obama Kids Music Video : Cute or Creepy ?‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Pelosi was right!

The money involved must have crossed a state line at some point.

In China.

Of course it did, then my coincidence bullshit meter pegged.

In China.

let me play the part of greenbeard-

this has absolutely nothing to do with the taxs regulations etc. inside obamacare that go into effect in 2013 on medical device manufacturers, or any concomitant obamacare issues, none whats so ever, please see the following 2500 word blurb that backs me up;

kjabxsckjb; wufikubqkubc;incelhfhdosbckfodh bzckrhebpwtpcn etc etc etc etc

Forum List

Back