Obama Will Veto Super-Committee Plan That's All Medicare Cuts And No Tax Hikes

Obama Will Veto Super-Committee Plan That's All Medicare Cuts And No Tax Hikes

In addition to explaining what he would not sign into law, the president on Monday will also outline what his preferred deficit reduction methods during a speech on Monday. Of the $3 trillion-plus in reductions, $1.5 trillion would be made up of tax increases. That total includes $800 billion from letting the Bush tax cuts for earners above $250,000-a-year expired, and $700 billion by ending special interest breaks, deductions, exclusions, and through closing loopholes – reforms that the president has already said he wants done to pay for his jobs plan
Sounds good to me.

It does sound good, but only a fool would believe that Obama would veto anything that managed to get through both the House and the Senate. That would conclusively prove he is the problem, not the Republicans, and end your favorite talking point.

Awww, well how nice of that Obama. HE WILL RAISE taxes on his people to pay for his VISIONS. How original.

And you lefties CHEER IT. what a bunch of dupes.

Why not? The Bush tax cuts were not intended to be permanent anyway, right? Why else were they given a time limit?

I say let them expire. They do not create jobs and they add an enormous amount of debt that you and I are responsible for.

Don't you have a union rally or some otherwise useless event to attend?

Well they haven't been creating jobs and making >250K they certainly don't NEED jobs so why not allow the tax cuts they've enjoyed for years expire?

I don't see a downside on this one.

Lord help America, this useless prick is intent on sinking her..

How? Bush gave the >250K crowd huge tax cuts to help create economic growth. And guess what? THE EXPERIMENT FAILED. Time to let them expire. They're doing more harm than good.

Right, because gubment confiscating more of the taxpayers money THEY earned is a good thing.......:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back