Obama will bankrupt and starve American Seniors unless he gets his way

Last edited:
Why is it that republican act like only their constituients deserve to be represented by the people who elected them.

Obama was elected too and has as much right to stick to his guns for the people who elected him.

He has offered the republicans so much on compromise its allready pissed off his voters.

The republicans have offered nothing in the line of compromise

That is exactly what the problem is. As American president he should care for ALL Americans, not just for those who elected him.

An elected official has too take care of his base more often than not if he wishes to be re-elected.

This President has gone against the hard Democratic base more often than not and is forcing the GOP legislators to go against their base more than they would want.

That is leadership, which represents the best interests of all Americans, not just base groups.

Who repays what's in the Trust Fund?

Hint: It's not Santa.
Why would you need to repay a Trust Fund?
Unless you took the money from it first.

First, the treasury has to pay the interest on the trust fund bonds. Second, the principal is there to be drawn on if necessary.

So if the Treasury has no money, the "Trust Fund" is out of luck.
What genius thought of that idea?
If I set up a trust fund for my kids and they were waiting for a monthly check and my lawyer said, "You need to wait until I repay their trust fund", he'd go to jail.

Shouldn't Republicans be celebrating? I thought they hated SS and progressive tax codes.

For fucks sake, you just can't win with some people.

youre a fucking idiot. show me one republican who says kill social security payments tomorrrow. Just one. stop listening to propaganda you zombie idiot.

People on this board who claim to be conservatives call for the end of social security payments quite frequently.
Most conservatives I know want social security to be privatized, so seniors don't have to depend on the assclowns in government during their retirement. And also, they don't want social security to bankrupt the country.

Why is it that republican act like only their constituients deserve to be represented by the people who elected them.

Obama was elected too and has as much right to stick to his guns for the people who elected him.

He has offered the republicans so much on compromise its allready pissed off his voters.

The republicans have offered nothing in the line of compromise
Open mouth equals lies with you.

That is not a lie. In fact, most Republicans want to get rid of SS and privatize it for their banking buddies.

Not for our banking buddies,after all I don't have any banking buddies,but for my own personal satisfaction,that I alone control my destiny,not the jack fucks we see in DC now.

We are watching a monumental screw up from both sides and have been.Why would anyone in their right mind trust them with YOUR money??

Incorrect the desire is to make it self funding rather then the ponzi scheme it is now which BTW is broke and will only get worse as the more baby boomers retire.

Why would you need to repay a Trust Fund?
Unless you took the money from it first.

First, the treasury has to pay the interest on the trust fund bonds. Second, the principal is there to be drawn on if necessary.

But that's not what Obama just said.

You should pay closer attention to current events

There's not enough revenue coming in to pay the bills. The difference has to be borrowed. Borrowing is done to pay the bills. Social security checks are bills. When the debt ceiling is reached, the borrowing has to stop. Once borrowing is stopped, there isn't enough revenue to pay the bills.

That is not a lie. In fact, most Republicans want to get rid of SS and privatize it for their banking buddies.

Not for our banking buddies,after all I don't have any banking buddies,but for my own personal satisfaction,that I alone control my destiny,not the jack fucks we see in DC now.

We are watching a monumental screw up from both sides and have been.Why would anyone in their right mind trust them with YOUR money??

Incorrect the desire is to make it self funding rather then the ponzi scheme it is now which BTW is broke and will only get worse as the more baby boomers retire.

As long as there are ongoing adjustments to payroll taxes vs. payouts SS can be kept solvent indefinitely.

But that's not what Obama just said.

You should pay closer attention to current events

There's not enough revenue coming in to pay the bills. The difference has to be borrowed. Borrowing is done to pay the bills. Social security checks are bills. When the debt ceiling is reached, the borrowing has to stop. Once borrowing is stopped, there isn't enough revenue to pay the bills.

That's how a Ponzi Scheme works.

That's not how Social Security was supposed to work, there was a "Trust Fund" but it's empty

Shouldn't Republicans be celebrating? I thought they hated SS and progressive tax codes.

For fucks sake, you just can't win with some people.

youre a fucking idiot. show me one republican who says kill social security payments tomorrrow. Just one. stop listening to propaganda you zombie idiot.

People on this board who claim to be conservatives call for the end of social security payments quite frequently.

They also insist that SS is welfare.

Are these people NOT Republicans voters?

Yes, lying through your teeth can be effective at times, but you'd have to have your media monopoly still intact to even THINK about trying it.

Obama says he cannot guarantee Social Security checks will go out on August 3

Way to go, Barry. Way to go! Criminally irresponsible talk from the Failed Leader who thinks bank ATM's are hurting the economy and thinks blowing a Trillion dollar on not so shovel ready projects is funny.

Obama= Epic Fail

Obama says he cannot guarantee Social Security checks will go out on August 3 - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

A) He never said ATMs are hurting the economy.
2) NO ONE can guarantee ANYTHING if the ceiling is not raised. That's kind of the point here. The GOP want to roll the dice and see what happens. The rest of us don't want to gamble with the economy that way.
III) You're a douche. Stop being a douche.

He guaranteed stimulus would keep unemployment below 8%.

He guaranteed Obamacare would lower health care costs.

But he can't guarantee checks will go out on August 3rd.

This guy is a sad excuse......

As long as there are ongoing adjustments to payroll taxes vs. payouts SS can be kept solvent indefinitely.

Right. Bernie Madoff would still be in business if he could find enough new investors too. Thanks for understanding that

Last edited:

You do understand that the required ratio is something like 20:1 right? and as of I believe 2016 it will hit 3:1 you can't increase Taxes enough on the remaining work force to pay the tab.

Obama and the Dems have completely lost their minds. They got their asses handed to them in the last election because of their own recklessness. Now its more of the same and they think they will be able to blame everything on the Repubs who only own half of Congress.

How can anyone believe Dems are serious about cutting spending when they refuse to make any cuts unless raising taxes? Dems had two years to raise taxes if they wanted to without needing one Republican vote, and they refused to do it.

The Pubs sign on to the program or the American public will blame the Pubs, not Obama. The Dems are going to make the Pubs share the burden of governance. Just so.

Obama and the Dems have completely lost their minds. They got their asses handed to them in the last election because of their own recklessness. Now its more of the same and they think they will be able to blame everything on the Repubs who only own half of Congress.

How can anyone believe Dems are serious about cutting spending when they refuse to make any cuts unless raising taxes? Dems had two years to raise taxes if they wanted to without needing one Republican vote, and they refused to do it.

The Pubs sign on to the program or the American public will blame the Pubs, not Obama. The Dems are going to make the Pubs share the burden of governance. Just so.

Elections have consequences Jake and your side got its ass kicked in 2010 and an even bigger majority does not favor giving your boy Obama a blank check

They also insist that SS is welfare.

Are these people NOT Republicans voters?

Yes, lying through your teeth can be effective at times, but you'd have to have your media monopoly still intact to even THINK about trying it.

I'm all for the end of social security to something better, much better, because the social security system sucks. No one is saying that the people that have paid into it shouldn't get their fair share out of it, but it should be phased out over time. I'd much rather have that money they're supposedly taking for 'my retirement' in my own pocket to invest it how I see fit. I can make much smarter decisions with it than they ever will on my behalf. My rate of return would be much higher than theirs is, if there even is a ROR on it at all anymore.

Forum List

Back