Obama widens lead on McCain...

I voted Republican a few times depending on the candidate. The problem is the Republicans abandoned their core principles of less government and fiscal responsibility with Reagan. Gerald Ford was the last true conservative Republican president.

Really which state are you from?

Really which state are you from?

I would rather know how he thinks Reagan Expanded government so much. Yes I know he spent a lot, but that is not the same as expanding government. Reagan spent billions upgrading our military and Nuclear arsenal and by doing so helped cause the collapse of the Soviet Union. Not exactally a bad cause if you ask me.

Actually Kirk, this morning on the Bill Press show, he was asking why Obama only has a 47% to 41% lead over Obama. Obama has been perfect. And it seems McCain has made Gaffe after Gaffe on things like saying Pakistan and Iraq border each other. If Obama made any of McCain's mistakes, he'd be toast. One black caller said, and I agree with her, "as a black person in America, you have to be twice as good as a white in order to be accepted."

So here are my four reasons why I think Obama isn't killing McCain in the polls.

1. Racism

2. The press doesn't hype up McCain's mistakes like they would Obama if he made the same mistakes, such as the 100 year war thing or Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran.

3. The GOP negative smears such as, "obama is a muslim" or "obama will raise your taxes".

4. Most Americans don't pay attention enough to know how much better Obama is and they maybe think McCain is the guy they remember back in 2000.

But I think/hope that after Obama's Middle East/Israel tour, his numbers should go up. When he comes back home, he should focus on the economy. And start running more negative commercials about McCain. Or the DNC should do more of that for him. And his fightthesmears.com website is not complete. It doesn't address half of the lies that are flying around about him.

I voted Republican a few times depending on the candidate. The problem is the Republicans abandoned their core principles of less government and fiscal responsibility with Reagan. Gerald Ford was the last true conservative Republican president.

Bob Barr (libertarian) said the very same thing on Air America/Nova M Radio last night.

He also quoted Reagan when he said, "I didn't leave the Democratic party, they left me".

The thing I have always wondered about polls is, why? Why do companies spend so much time and money on them? What do they gain really?

Doesn't matter what the polls say now IMO, it matters what people do AT THE POLLS in November.

They sway the opinions of uninformed voters. Not every voter is a political junkie like us. Many don't even know where Iraq is on a map, let alone understand the futility of polling. The government relies on our stupidity and ignorance.

They sway the opinions of uninformed voters. Not every voter is a political junkie like us. Many don't even know where Iraq is on a map, let alone understand the futility of polling. The government relies on our stupidity and ignorance.

Exit polling is pretty accurate and was the first indication that the GOP stole Florida in 2000.

Obama isn't "killing" McCain because this nation is pretty much divided philosophically.

I think he'll win by a large margin of maybe 5%.

But the Republicans could run a potted plant and probably still get 40% of the electorate.

As could the Dems, BTW.

They allow the campaigns to ascertain if they are "on message", determine the effectiveness of their campaign strategies; assist in determining where funds are best spent and advertising is best done; allow the candidates to know what issues they need to work on.

And yes, they help from a momentum perspective, but that's really at the bottom of the list, particularly this early on.

Obama isn't "killing" McCain because this nation is pretty much divided philosophically.

I think he'll win by a large margin of maybe 5%.

But the Republicans could run a potted plant and probably still get 40% of the electorate.

As could the Dems, BTW.

I know a lot of people that don't pay attention and could go either way. They don't know who's to blame for the economy. They don't like the war, but don't know if getting out would be worse. They hear Obama is untested. They remember McCain from 2000.

It's the independents that are going to decide this one. Obama has to do a good job fighting the smears and winning people over.

Exit polling is pretty accurate and was the first indication that the GOP stole Florida in 2000.

Lmao....no Florida showed exit polling isn't reliable....hence why the media stated....

The winner of the 2000 election is Gore....
Oh wait its Bush
nevermind it's Gore...

Well we are going to have to wait until we can declare a winner....

All the while people out west were still voting....

Last edited:

Bullshit. Exit polls can and are inaccurate because of when they are taken. The polls in 2000 and 2002 and even 2004 were wrong because they took them in the early hours and then assumed it meant something it did not.

Already discussed and hashed over, your ignorance is showing again.

Lmao....no Florida showed exit polling isn't reliable....hence why the media stated....

The winner of the 2000 election is Gore....
Oh wait its Bush
nevermind it's Gore...

Well we are going to have to wait until we can declare a winner....

All the while people out west were still voting....

Even worse the News was claiming Gore won before the Panhandle had even finished voting.

I watched that night it was hilarious watching the broken looks on the news people when they had to admit Gore did not win. Couple of them were almost in tears. Then they were all happy when it looked like he might win again, then around 230 in the morning they had to admit it was to close to call, all dejected and nearly in tears again.

Lets remember what Gore tried to do shall we?

He tried to use the courts to declare any vote that was not for Bush was actually for him.

He tried to use the courts to declare an illegal vote with 2 punches for President was for him.

He tried to use the courts to declare any dimple or imperfection on the ballot that was around his hole was a vote for him.

Failing all this and the recounts he tried to disenfranchise the entire State of Florida in the Electors College.

The thing I have always wondered about polls is, why? Why do companies spend so much time and money on them? What do they gain really?

Doesn't matter what the polls say now IMO, it matters what people do AT THE POLLS in November.

To sway the minds of voters who don't want to think for themselves. Look at Kirk ... he's absolutely giddy at the prospect. Something wrong with anyone who is giddy over EITHER candidate this time around.

I am so happy to that our long national nightmare will soon be over.....

Dude, you just keep dreaming that cuz it ain't going to happen. It's just going to get worse. The biggest reason being blind sheeple like you following the herd without a question.

I just hope when you have your meltdown it's here so I can watch.:badgrin:

Dude, you just keep dreaming that cuz it ain't going to happen. It's just going to get worse. The biggest reason being blind sheeple like you following the herd without a question.

I just hope when you have your meltdown it's here so I can watch.:badgrin:

My meltdown? You're dreaming.

8 years of huge deficit spending. 8 years of the bogus and expensive "war on terror." 8 years of the smirking chimp embarassing America on the world stage. 8 years of fighting against stem cell research. 8 years of gay bashing even though half the Republicans are gay. 8 years of no effort for American Energy Independence. 8 years rising healthcare costs. 8 years of total incompetence.....

Yes, I am going to be giddy, even if McCain get elected.

My meltdown? You're dreaming.

8 years of huge deficit spending. 8 years of the bogus and expensive "war on terror." 8 years of the smirking chimp embarassing America on the world stage. 8 years of fighting against stem cell research. 8 years of gay bashing even though half the Republicans are gay. 8 years of no effort for American Energy Independence. 8 years rising healthcare costs. 8 years of total incompetence.....

Yes, I am going to be giddy, even if McCain get elected.

Too much ignorance in those statements to even deal with in a day's time...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back