John McCain's holds Opposing Views at the Same Time!

Discussion in 'Congress' started by midcan5, Jul 23, 2008.

1. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,281
    Not only does he flip flop like a gymnast but he has the magically ability to hold completely opposing viewpoints at once. You think maybe it is early dementia. Check out bold print.

I love the line, life isn't fair, I guess for all the dead and damaged that gives great comfort.

in his own words:

"But I believe, Katie, that the Iraqi people will greet us as liberators." [NBC, 3/20/03]

"It’s clear that the end is very much in sight." [ABC, 4/9/03]

"There’s not a history of clashes that are violent between Sunnis and Shiahs. So I think they can probably get along." [MSNBC, 4/23/03]

"This is a mission accomplished. They know how much influence Saddam Hussein had on the Iraqi people, how much more difficult it made to get their cooperation." [This Week, ABC, 12/14/03]

"I’m confident we’re on the right course." [ABC News, 3/7/04]

"I think the initial phases of it were so spectacularly successful that it took us all by surprise." [CBS, 10/31/04]

"I do think that progress is being made in a lot of Iraq. Overall, I think a year from now, we will have made a fair amount of progress if we stay the course. If I thought we weren’t making progress, I’d be despondent." [The Hill, 12/8/05]

With people like John McCain, Michael O’Hanlon, and Ken Pollack now claiming to be war “critics,” that term is fast becoming a description for people who support the war but aren’t George Bush.

UPDATE: Atrios writes, “Even before the war, ‘war critics’ were almost entirely limited to those who criticized the timing, or the degree to which the UN or international community generally was on board. That was the respectable position. Just saying ’stop!’ was not.”

Transcript:

Chetry: It seems you’ve been painted as being a huge supporter of the president’s Iraq strategy. Is that an inaccurate portrayal?

McCain: It’s entertaining, in that I was the greatest critic of the initial four years, three and a half years. I came back from my first trip to Iraq and said, This is going to fail. We’ve got to change the strategy to the one we’re using now. But life isn’t fair.

But I do believe that this general, who will report back in the middle of September, as you know, and this strategy is succeeding.

Think Progress McCain: ‘I Was The Greatest Critic’ Of The Iraq War Over The Last Four Years

How Insane Is John McCain?: McCain's Flip Flops (the definitive tally)

http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/9111.html

>

2. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    Uh-oh. Not another one, please. The one back in the 1980s was bad enough.

3. midcan5

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,281
    OT - Sounds like global warming is having a big impact in your country, the reefs, fires and dry weather look real bad.

4. Diuretic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    So much so that the consenus among us non-politicians is that the government needs to get its finger out and the message to the opposition would-be government is the same. It's one of those times when the ordinary folks are well ahead of the politicians.

Where I live we've just been told by our state government that our major water source is guaranteed to provide us with water for critical human needs for the next 12 months. Oh I feel so much better.

I get angered by the denialists (off topic sorry) who, for reasons of self-interest or just because of ideology, try to argue that global climate change isn't happening. Stuff ideology, let's sort it out.

That requires vision. We all need politicians who have sloughed off the old ways and understand the future.

5. busara

busara wanasiasa wapumbava

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87

6. Diuretic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    One day....we won't need them. That's why I like anarchism, but unfortunately it's a long way off yet.

7. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    This is retarded bullshit. But then, what's new? The Spinmeister strikes again.

I'm going to put the term flip-flopper/flip-flop/whatever in the word filter. I'm tired of you leftwingbots wearing it out like an old shoe. Can't you even be original? The Republicans use something once and it becomes your universal chant until something new comes along.

8. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    I think I will start referring to them as the parrot party!

9. midcan5

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,281
    So we need a new language to describe the silliness of the conservative social darwinist, trickle down, cheap labor, elitist, corporate, outsourcing republicans? Jeez, I think since most people understand if the shoe fits it fits, we'll stick to words that really describe you guys accurately.

"Words are all we have." Samuel Beckett

10. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Hey if you can use cute tag line labels so can I. :)