John McCain's holds Opposing Views at the Same Time!

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
Not only does he flip flop like a gymnast but he has the magically ability to hold completely opposing viewpoints at once. You think maybe it is early dementia. Check out bold print.

I love the line, life isn't fair, I guess for all the dead and damaged that gives great comfort.

in his own words:

"But I believe, Katie, that the Iraqi people will greet us as liberators." [NBC, 3/20/03]

"It’s clear that the end is very much in sight." [ABC, 4/9/03]

"There’s not a history of clashes that are violent between Sunnis and Shiahs. So I think they can probably get along." [MSNBC, 4/23/03]

"This is a mission accomplished. They know how much influence Saddam Hussein had on the Iraqi people, how much more difficult it made to get their cooperation." [This Week, ABC, 12/14/03]

"I’m confident we’re on the right course." [ABC News, 3/7/04]

"I think the initial phases of it were so spectacularly successful that it took us all by surprise." [CBS, 10/31/04]

"I do think that progress is being made in a lot of Iraq. Overall, I think a year from now, we will have made a fair amount of progress if we stay the course. If I thought we weren’t making progress, I’d be despondent." [The Hill, 12/8/05]

With people like John McCain, Michael O’Hanlon, and Ken Pollack now claiming to be war “critics,” that term is fast becoming a description for people who support the war but aren’t George Bush.

UPDATE: Atrios writes, “Even before the war, ‘war critics’ were almost entirely limited to those who criticized the timing, or the degree to which the UN or international community generally was on board. That was the respectable position. Just saying ’stop!’ was not.”

Transcript:

Chetry: It seems you’ve been painted as being a huge supporter of the president’s Iraq strategy. Is that an inaccurate portrayal?

McCain: It’s entertaining, in that I was the greatest critic of the initial four years, three and a half years. I came back from my first trip to Iraq and said, This is going to fail. We’ve got to change the strategy to the one we’re using now. But life isn’t fair.

But I do believe that this general, who will report back in the middle of September, as you know, and this strategy is succeeding.

Think Progress McCain: ‘I Was The Greatest Critic’ Of The Iraq War Over The Last Four Years

How Insane Is John McCain?: McCain's Flip Flops (the definitive tally)

http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/9111.html

>

Uh-oh. Not another one, please. The one back in the 1980s was bad enough.

OT - Sounds like global warming is having a big impact in your country, the reefs, fires and dry weather look real bad.

So much so that the consenus among us non-politicians is that the government needs to get its finger out and the message to the opposition would-be government is the same. It's one of those times when the ordinary folks are well ahead of the politicians.

Where I live we've just been told by our state government that our major water source is guaranteed to provide us with water for critical human needs for the next 12 months. Oh I feel so much better.

I get angered by the denialists (off topic sorry) who, for reasons of self-interest or just because of ideology, try to argue that global climate change isn't happening. Stuff ideology, let's sort it out.

That requires vision. We all need politicians who have sloughed off the old ways and understand the future.

So much so that the consenus among us non-politicians is that the government needs to get its finger out and the message to the opposition would-be government is the same. It's one of those times when the ordinary folks are well ahead of the politicians.

Where I live we've just been told by our state government that our major water source is guaranteed to provide us with water for critical human needs for the next 12 months. Oh I feel so much better.

I get angered by the denialists (off topic sorry) who, for reasons of self-interest or just because of ideology, try to argue that global climate change isn't happening. Stuff ideology, let's sort it out.

That requires vision. We all need politicians who have sloughed off the old ways and understand the future.[/QUOTE]

wait, i just had a thought. do we need politicians at all?

Not only does he flip flop like a gymnast but he has the magically ability to hold completely opposing viewpoints at once. You think maybe it is early dementia. Check out bold print.

I love the line, life isn't fair, I guess for all the dead and damaged that gives great comfort.

in his own words:

"But I believe, Katie, that the Iraqi people will greet us as liberators." [NBC, 3/20/03]

"It’s clear that the end is very much in sight." [ABC, 4/9/03]

"There’s not a history of clashes that are violent between Sunnis and Shiahs. So I think they can probably get along." [MSNBC, 4/23/03]

"This is a mission accomplished. They know how much influence Saddam Hussein had on the Iraqi people, how much more difficult it made to get their cooperation." [This Week, ABC, 12/14/03]

"I’m confident we’re on the right course." [ABC News, 3/7/04]

"I think the initial phases of it were so spectacularly successful that it took us all by surprise." [CBS, 10/31/04]

"I do think that progress is being made in a lot of Iraq. Overall, I think a year from now, we will have made a fair amount of progress if we stay the course. If I thought we weren’t making progress, I’d be despondent." [The Hill, 12/8/05]

With people like John McCain, Michael O’Hanlon, and Ken Pollack now claiming to be war “critics,” that term is fast becoming a description for people who support the war but aren’t George Bush.

UPDATE: Atrios writes, “Even before the war, ‘war critics’ were almost entirely limited to those who criticized the timing, or the degree to which the UN or international community generally was on board. That was the respectable position. Just saying ’stop!’ was not.”

Transcript:

Chetry: It seems you’ve been painted as being a huge supporter of the president’s Iraq strategy. Is that an inaccurate portrayal?

McCain: It’s entertaining, in that I was the greatest critic of the initial four years, three and a half years. I came back from my first trip to Iraq and said, This is going to fail. We’ve got to change the strategy to the one we’re using now. But life isn’t fair.

But I do believe that this general, who will report back in the middle of September, as you know, and this strategy is succeeding.

Think Progress McCain: ‘I Was The Greatest Critic’ Of The Iraq War Over The Last Four Years

How Insane Is John McCain?: McCain's Flip Flops (the definitive tally)

http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/9111.html

>

This is retarded bullshit. But then, what's new? The Spinmeister strikes again.

I'm going to put the term flip-flopper/flip-flop/whatever in the word filter. I'm tired of you leftwingbots wearing it out like an old shoe. Can't you even be original? The Republicans use something once and it becomes your universal chant until something new comes along.

This is retarded bullshit. But then, what's new? The Spinmeister strikes again.

I'm going to put the term flip-flopper/flip-flop/whatever in the word filter. I'm tired of you leftwingbots wearing it out like an old shoe. Can't you even be original? The Republicans use something once and it becomes your universal chant until something new comes along.

I think I will start referring to them as the parrot party!

I think I will start referring to them as the parrot party!

So we need a new language to describe the silliness of the conservative social darwinist, trickle down, cheap labor, elitist, corporate, outsourcing republicans? Jeez, I think since most people understand if the shoe fits it fits, we'll stick to words that really describe you guys accurately.

"Words are all we have." Samuel Beckett

So we need a new language to describe the silliness of the conservative social darwinist, trickle down, cheap labor, elitist, corporate, outsourcing republicans? Jeez, I think since most people understand if the shoe fits it fits, we'll stick to words that really describe you guys accurately.

Hey if you can use cute tag line labels so can I. :)

EXACTLY!!! It reminds me of when they came out with "compassionate conservatives". Same shit, different name. Charlie is a GOP'er just as Bob Barr is. I posted somewhere today how Bob Barr donates to Republicans.

Libertarians are just republicans only they got rid of the stuff we can't stand about republicans. Like I could rap up a piece of shit in newspaper or put it in a pretty box with a bow. In the end, it's still a piece of shit.

EXACTLY!!! It reminds me of when they came out with "compassionate conservatives". Same shit, different name. Charlie is a GOP'er just as Bob Barr is. I posted somewhere today how Bob Barr donates to Republicans.

Libertarians are just republicans only they got rid of the stuff we can't stand about republicans. Like I could rap up a piece of shit in newspaper or put it in a pretty box with a bow. In the end, it's still a piece of shit.

thanks for clearing that up for me, I will sign on to Obama express right away.

NOT

In his interview with NBC's Kelly O'Donnell, which will air on NBC's Nightly News tonight, McCain questions whether Obama should have given a speech in Berlin before becoming president.
"I would rather speak at a rally or a political gathering any place outside of the country after I am president of the United States," McCain told O'Donnell. "But that's a judgment that Sen. Obama and the American people will make."
However, on June 20, McCain himself gave a speech in Canada -- to the Economic Club of Canada -- in which he applauded NAFTA's successes. An implicit message behind that speech was that Obama had been critical of the trade accord. Also, McCain's trip to Canada was paid for by the campaign.

McCain questions speech, forgets Canada - First Read - msnbc.com

In his interview with NBC's Kelly O'Donnell, which will air on NBC's Nightly News tonight, McCain questions whether Obama should have given a speech in Berlin before becoming president.

I heard that, the republicans are beyond hope. Obama is running a positive straightforward talking campaign but people are so cynical they don't believe someone can talk straight. They believed a man who butchered the English language because somehow we have this belief dumb is honest and smart is not. My biggest fear is racism and the enormous negativity will doom Obama, not because McCain is the better candidate but just because so much shit will be thrown the average voter will stick with the same old same old shit.

Charles, that was pouting, stop assuming what other people mean.

New Topics

Forum List

Back