Obama Wants To Know What Color You Are If You Buy A Gun

I've seen a few people post about this on Facebook. I just bought a new Glock two weeks ago and there were no questions on the form about race.

OH! The HuMANity!

We track all sorts of things and THIS bothers you?

I would think the racists would love this.

My thinking is that someone got a marketing form confused. Race is one of the key elements of target marketing.

Obama wants to know what color we are whenever we do...or think...anything.

There has been a field on the Form 4473 asking for "Race" since at least 2001. It's an optional field, you don't have to answer it.

The only change made in 2012 is that "Race" and "Ethnicity" have been separated into two different questions on the form.

OH! The HuMANity!

We track all sorts of things and THIS bothers you?

I would think the racists would love this.

you don't care fill it out. the rest of us don't have to ANSWER it. and I find OFFENDING a man is only PRESIDENT thinks he can make up all these NEW RULES

There has been a field on the Form 4473 asking for "Race" since at least 2001. It's an optional field, you don't have to answer it.

The only change made in 2012 is that "Race" and "Ethnicity" have been separated into two different questions on the form.

which has nothing to do with identifying someone for the instant background check. race has been on the brady form since at least 1993 and probably before that. the "hispanic" or non-hispanic is an Obama creation and has no proper use

Again: "Race" has been a field on Form 4473 for at least 13 years. Here's a copy of the form from 2001:

DRAFT ATF F 4473 5300.9

I thought you guys were supposed to be the gun nuts.

gun nuts-people who lose bowel control over others owning guns but you are correct

the current version is if you CHECK white or caucasian you have to declare whether your are a latino white (Zimmerman) or Euro-white

which has nothing to do with identifying someone for the instant background check. race has been on the brady form since at least 1993 and probably before that. the "hispanic" or non-hispanic is an Obama creation and has no proper use

It was updated to reflect the reality that "Hispanic" people are actually "White" people.

Forum List

Back