Obama Uses Executive Orders for Immigration Reform

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Okay, so there's all sorts of news about this. But, when I watched CNN this morning, all they talked about was the Senate bill that's been held up in the House forever. So, I figured, why not check out the bill they're talking about.

It is S.744 -- Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act which passed the Senate Jan 27, 2013 and was sent to the House. A summary of the bill can be found @ Border Security Economic Opportunity and Immigration Modernization Act S. 744 - GovTrack.us where the full text is also available.

Why has the House not acted upon this?

Maybe I don't know where to search, but the Speaker clearly stated the House would not act upon the Senate bill back in Jan 2013 but I can't find out why. I know there must be a House version somewhere but I can't find that either.

And, from Daily Kos comes a summary of the Executive Order @ Obama action to protect 5 million undocumented beef up border security and the details of it @ Obama action to protect 5 million undocumented beef up border security from the White House

If anyone has anything to add to this – without flaming and diverting – I'd appreciate it.

Fact checks on Obama speech @ Fact-checks on Obama speech come from AP WaPo 8230 and Jay Carney Hot Air puts the lie to almost everything he said it will do.

Telemundo TV News Reader Lauds “Weakened Immigration Law Enforcement” @ http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-ol...elebrates-obamas-weakening-us-immigration-law

Forum List

Back