Obama up by 10 in latest AbcNews/Washington Post Poll

DrudgeJ.jpg

And? There are numerous polls out there. Drudge chooses to only show the ones that have the lowest ratings because he's in the tank for McCain.

Individual polls, even those that are on the up and up, aren't, I think, evidence of much.

But if, collectively from among those polls that we have reason to think are on the up and up, we see a consistent pattern of outcomes, then one is probably safe in assuming they are telling us something real.

Individual polls, even those that are on the up and up, aren't, I think, evidence of much.

But if, collectively from among those polls that we have reason to think are on the up and up, we see a consistent pattern of outcomes, then one is probably safe in assuming they are telling us something real.

I'd say since the trend is over 2 weeks, it's 'real.' 10 Pts? Who knows.

someone grab paperboy!

Money quote:

McCain has made little headway in his attempts to convince voters that Obama is too "risky" or too "liberal."

Rather, recent strategic shifts may have hurt the Republican nominee, who now has higher negative ratings than his rival and is seen as mostly attacking his opponent rather than addressing the issues that voters care about. Even McCain's supporters are now less enthusiastic about his candidacy, returning to levels not seen since before the Republican National Convention.

Registered voters by a 24-point margin, 59-35 percent, now say McCain is more focused on attacking his opponent rather than addressing the issues. That’s grown from a roughly even 48-45 percent split on this question in late August.

There's far less criticism of the tone of Obama's campaign: Registered voters by 68-26 percent say he's mainly addressing the issues, not attacking his opponent, a slightly more positive rating than in August.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back