Obama tries to screw up banking next

Prove that businesses are not trying to get loans right now?

Businesse's only borrow money when they have a need to expand. To expand they need demand for their products or services. Right now there is no demand--therefore they are not borrowing. I know--I am a 30+ small business owner.

It is DEMAND that is horribly lacking in this country. The "only" way demand increases is to give consumers more money to spend on the products & services they need. It's called "trickle down" economics. What we are experiencing is Obama's flood the basement economics which is not working.

Trickle down should work in theory, but it didn't. The only reason consumers spent more prior to 2009 before the economic collapse was because they were charging their stuff and maxing out credit cards. Now that they have to use cold, hard cash, suddenly there is no demand except for necessities. One of the reasons credit was used so heavily was because wages were flat, i.e., no "trickle down." While CEOs continued to make huge profits, they were not investing in their employees but rather tightening their grip on them, in some cases forcing employees out and hiring part-time replacements so that they didn't have to pay benefits. I'm not suggesting YOU did that, but it happened nationwide as a general occurrence.

It's really very simple. More jobs are created when those that create jobs, have more money to hire people.

Profit is obviously the exploitation of someone and so needs to be stopped.
That's how Team Obama thinks anyway.

The public can limit a company's profit any time that they want too. All they have to do is not buy their product or service.

Businesse's only borrow money when they have a need to expand. To expand they need demand for their products or services. Right now there is no demand--therefore they are not borrowing. I know--I am a 30+ small business owner.

It is DEMAND that is horribly lacking in this country. The "only" way demand increases is to give consumers more money to spend on the products & services they need. It's called "trickle down" economics. What we are experiencing is Obama's flood the basement economics which is not working.

Trickle down should work in theory, but it didn't. The only reason consumers spent more prior to 2009 before the economic collapse was because they were charging their stuff and maxing out credit cards. Now that they have to use cold, hard cash, suddenly there is no demand except for necessities. One of the reasons credit was used so heavily was because wages were flat, i.e., no "trickle down." While CEOs continued to make huge profits, they were not investing in their employees but rather tightening their grip on them, in some cases forcing employees out and hiring part-time replacements so that they didn't have to pay benefits. I'm not suggesting YOU did that, but it happened nationwide as a general occurrence.

It's really very simple. More jobs are created when those that create jobs, have more money to hire people.

Then why didn't they do it? Instead, outsourcing became the norm because increasing profits on the cheap replaced common sense approaches like happy employees equal more productivity equals more profit.

Maybe if We took a different approach to Prison, Slave, Child, and Forced Labor Issues, we would not be in the situation We are now. Value for Value. There is no substitute.

If there was pent up demand I'd agree CMike. In this case it is more like what MaggieMae discribes with a lack of money (avoidance of credit use).

If there was pent up demand I'd agree CMike. In this case it is more like what MaggieMae discribes with a lack of money (avoidance of credit use).

The reason that there is less demand is because people have less money. People have less money because so many are out of jobs, hours, or wages cut.. People are out of jobs, had hours or wages cut, because people who create jobs have less money. Although, there is a circle involved.

Last edited:

Then why didn't they do it? Instead, outsourcing became the norm because increasing profits on the cheap replaced common sense approaches like happy employees equal more productivity equals more profit.

Because they have less money and not more money to hire people.

Mike & Rabbi = Dumb and Dumber's solutions to the nation's economic woes.

Because we see how well Obama's solutions are working out for us.
Hack.

Oh when wingnuts go that route, Rabbi, they've lost their train of thought. Then again, may never have formulated one to begin with. ;)

Go what route? Pointing out the failed policies of Barak Hussein Obama? His policies are failures, they are disasters of the first order. It was entirely predictable they would be, and in fact were so predicted.
So let's try something that will actually work. Novel idea, I know.

Because we see how well Obama's solutions are working out for us.
Hack.

Oh when wingnuts go that route, Rabbi, they've lost their train of thought. Then again, may never have formulated one to begin with. ;)

Go what route? Pointing out the failed policies of Barak Hussein Obama? His policies are failures, they are disasters of the first order. It was entirely predictable they would be, and in fact were so predicted.
So let's try something that will actually work. Novel idea, I know.

I was referring to MM's post. :lol:

Forum List

Back