Obama: Tour may hurt me at home

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
From CNN Senior Political Producer Sasha Johnson

LONDON (CNN) — Sen. Barack Obama conceded to reporters that his stint off the American campaign trail may hurt him a bit with voters but felt the trip was vital to giving a “sense of where an Obama administration might take” U.S. foreign policy.

“I am not sure that there is going to be some immediate political impact. I wouldn’t even be surprised if that in some polls that you saw a little bit of a dip as a consequence, we have been out of the country for a week," he said. "People are worried about gas prices and home foreclosures. So the reason I thought this trip was important was I am convinced that many of the issues that we face at home are not going to be solved as effectively unless we have strong partners abroad.”
more ... CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time - Blogs from CNN.com

It was a smart political move for the most part. Where he screwed up is by not meeting with the wounded troops in Landstuhl. That will hurt him. Obama needs now to be careful, though. He is not by any means a foreign affairs expert now. McCain has traveled far more than he. He also has alot more experience in that category. Obama can simply claim a better understanding. His lackeys can spin his rockstar status for him. If he is careful, it can help by those that care alot about our world popularity.

It was a smart political move for the most part. Where he screwed up is by not meeting with the wounded troops in Landstuhl. That will hurt him. Obama needs now to be careful, though. He is not by any means a foreign affairs expert now. McCain has traveled far more than he. He also has alot more experience in that category. Obama can simply claim a better understanding. His lackeys can spin his rockstar status for him. If he is careful, it can help by those that care alot about our world popularity.

Very funny post.

Obama is a foreign policy expert. He has already shown how he can influence the world, and he isn't even president yet. Grampa gave up all his principles when he started kissing George Bush's butt.

Very funny post.

Obama is a foreign policy expert. He has already shown how he can influence the world, and he isn't even president yet. Grampa gave up all his principles when he started kissing George Bush's butt.

Yeah, right.

Less than 180 days in Congress. No respect for our troops. Disrepects our nation's symbol at every turn. Hasn't even managed a 7-11 store.

Very funny post.

Yeah, right.

Less than 180 days in Congress. No respect for our troops. Disrepects our nation's symbol at every turn. Hasn't even managed a 7-11 store.

Very funny post.

Not to mention his "undivided Jerusalem" comment. If that was not a foreign policy blunder I don't know what is. That comment inflamed Muslims around the world, and shattered Obama's credibility with the Palestinians.

Yeah, right.

Very funny post.

And yet the world loves him!

This guy is the real deal and you might as well get used to it.

Not to mention his "undivided Jerusalem" comment. If that was not a foreign policy blunder I don't know what is. That comment inflamed Muslims around the world, and shattered Obama's credibility with the Palestinians.

Oh, so now you are worried about what the Palistinians think!

Grasping at straws.....

Oh, so now you are worried about what the Palistinians think!

Grasping at straws.....

of course I am Kirk. I am worried about what everyone thinks, Especially when it was Muslims perceptions about how we treat Muslims and the Palestinians that lead to 911 was it not. Have you not said as much on this board before. Was it not you who pointed out that the leader of the 17, 911 terrorist cited the treatment of Palestinians as his main reason for participating in the attack?

Someone is grasping at straws here, but it is not me kirk it is you.

Last edited:
of course I am Kirk. I am worried about what everyone thinks, Especially when it was Muslims perceptions about how we treat Muslims and the Palestinians that lead to 911 was it not. Have you not said as much on this board before.

Someone is grasping at straws here, but it is not me kirk it is you.

First they said he was a "secret Muslim." Now they are saying he is offending the Muslims. Maybe you should make up your minds.

First they said he was a "secret Muslim." Now they are saying he is offending the Muslims. Maybe you should make up your minds.

Go to hell kirk, I have NEVER SAID A WORD about Obama being a Muslim. In fact I have attacked WOW and others for using that bogus claim on this board many times.

yet again you lump me into a group, and imply I have said things I never said.

Go to hell kirk, I have NEVER SAID A WORD about Obama being a Muslim. In fact I have attacked WOW and others for using that bogus claim on this board many times.

yet again you lump me into a group, and imply I have said things I never said.

I know you never said that.

It is just funny that they are throwing everything at Obama because he is so popular.

If he visits the troops, then he is using the troops as a photo op. If he doesn't visit the troops, he is disrespecting the troops.

He is a secret Muslim, no he offended the Muslims.

This game will continue until the election.

It takes two sides to make a game hot shot. Republicans and Conservatives Do not hold a monopoly on dirty politics. Dirty politics are pretty much a universal fact of life.

I know. That is why I try not to attack John McCain. I like John McCain.

I think these two men are both good choices, but then anybody would look good after eight years of the village idiot.

Its alittle late for this spin. He came home and noticed the polls already showed him losing ground and makes a statement that he might lose ground. Do you think? Now if he said it at the beginning of the trip, id be less skeptical.

But i dont think Obama will win for the same reason Hillary didnt win: Hubris.

It is just funny that they are throwing everything at Obama because he is so popular.

If he visits the troops, then he is using the troops as a photo op. If he doesn't visit the troops, he is disrespecting the troops.

Until the election my ass---it will never stop. Dems and GOPs are like Israel and Arabs.

thats a false dichotemy. There is a third option. The one Obama could have taken. Visit the troops but not bring cameras. Then its not a photo op nor would he disrespect the troops.

thats a false dichotemy. There is a third option. The one Obama could have taken. Visit the troops but not bring cameras. Then its not a photo op nor would he disrespect the troops.

Exactly. That is what I have been saying all along. He should have gone and seen them, but because he could not make a Photo Opp our of it, He chose not to. IMO anyways.

And yet the world loves him!

This guy is the real deal and you might as well get used to it.

Yeah. He's the real deal alright. A "rock star". A Pepsi commercial. All symbols (except the American Flag of course), pageantry, slogans. Rallies.

1933 comes to mind here.

All he needs is a Swastika.

And a brain.

Forum List

Back