obama to sign the UN small arms treaty July 27 2012

Here's a little background on the UN Small Arms Treaty.

Sorry it's not from the NYT, but they don't seem to want to cover it...

Small Arms Treaty of 2012 – Elimination of the Second Amendment | Independent Sentinel

They’re not covering it because it’s moronic idiocy.

And presidents don’t ‘sign’ treaties, treaties are authorized by a two-thirds majority in the Senate.

Presidents DO sign treaties, which then must be RATIFIED by the Senate.

And if you think allowing the 2nd Amendment to be usurped by the UN is a GOOD thing, you're NUTZ!

Here is some analysis of the actual treaty:

snopes.com: Small Arms Treaty

Some on the extreme right are openly discussing treason:

Vanderboegh warns of civil war if UN small arms treaty enforced - National Conservative | Examiner.com

Frightening.

Bush was against because he thought NATIONAL controls the appropriate course, now the NRA is against it because they FEAR domestic control. Have conservatives actually read this treaty?

a statement released by Hillary Clinton and the State Department that it was overturning the position of former President George W. Bush's administration, which had opposed a proposed Arms Trade treaty on the grounds that national controls were better.

the National Rifle Association, who claim that the treaty is an attempt to circumvent the Second Amendment and similar guarantees in state constitutions in order to impose domestic gun regulations.[11]

Fuck the treason obama signs this shit and the senate ratifies it. they are the traitors.
And should die a traitors death.

Vanderboegh warns of civil war if UN small arms treaty enforced - National Conservative | Examiner.com

Frightening.

Bush was against because he thought NATIONAL controls the appropriate course, now the NRA is against it because they FEAR domestic control. Have conservatives actually read this treaty?

a statement released by Hillary Clinton and the State Department that it was overturning the position of former President George W. Bush's administration, which had opposed a proposed Arms Trade treaty on the grounds that national controls were better.

the National Rifle Association, who claim that the treaty is an attempt to circumvent the Second Amendment and similar guarantees in state constitutions in order to impose domestic gun regulations.[11]

Ya I read it---where's the part about treason ?

The man said there will be CIVIL WAR, bearing arms against one's country is TREASON.
And? This will be obama's fault.

Those arms makers and dealers which make gazillions of dollars a year chanelling small arms to Third World countries, contributing to the bloodshed, are going to fight this tooth and nail. And they will be pouring millions of gallons of bongwater, generating enough diversionary smoke to greenhouse the entire planet, and putting up enough deflective mirrors to power the state of Nevada with solar power.

OBAMAZ GONNA TAKE UR GUNZ!!!!

Here's a little background on the UN Small Arms Treaty.

Sorry it's not from the NYT, but they don't seem to want to cover it...

Small Arms Treaty of 2012 – Elimination of the Second Amendment | Independent Sentinel

They’re not covering it because it’s moronic idiocy.

And presidents don’t ‘sign’ treaties, treaties are authorized by a two-thirds majority in the Senate.
Article 2
Section. 2.
Clause 2: He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

U.S. CONSTITUTION

Frightening.

I've read it, I'm against it, and if they think they're going to get a list of my weapons they need to think again.

Safefamilygunguide.jpg

It will not impact individual ownership; HOWEVER, it will open up big time litigation from the gun lobby. Thus, it is perhaps best the firearms death industry will see it doesn't make it through the Senate. The contradiction between Bush & the NRA is interesting, Bush spoke of NATIONAL controls, which amounts to the same thing: many, many lawsuits.
I think you were also one of the idiots that thought obamacare wasn't a tax even though you were told, and it was ruled a tax.

I stopped watching the OP video shortly after Hillary started talking. She plainly was not talking about the UN Treaty.

The global trade in conventional weapons – from warships and battle tanks to fighter jets and machine guns – remains poorly regulated. No set of internationally agreed standards exist to ensure that arms are only transferred for appropriate use.

Many governments have voiced concern about the absence of globally agreed rules for all Countries to guide their decisions on arms transfers. That is why they have started negotiating an Arms Trade Treaty. Preparations to address this issue have been underway since 2006 and will culminate in the Conference on an Arms Trade Treaty in July 2012.

UNODA - Towards an Arms Trade Treaty

In 2006, the General Assembly requested countries to submit their views on such a treaty. More than 100 countries did. These views were collected in a 2007 report by the Secretary-General on the issue.

In 2008 a Group of Governmental Experts produced a report on the topic.

In 2009 an Open-ended Working Group – open to all States – held two meetings on an arms trade treaty. A total of six sessions of this Group were planned.

In 2009 the General Assembly decided to convene a Conference on the Arms Trade Treaty in 2012 "to elaborate a legally binding instrument on the highest possible common international standards for the transfer of conventional arms". The General Assembly also indicated that the remaining four sessions of the Open-ended Working Group should be considered as sessions of the Preparatory Committee (PrepCom) for this Conference. PrepComs took place in July 2010, February 2011, July 2011 and in February 2012 (Report of the PrepCom).

Here is the 2007 Sec-Gen report: United Nations Official Document

Here is the 2008 Group of Governmental Experts report: United Nations Official Document

Here is the PrepComm report: http://www.un.org/disarmament/conva...pCom4 Documents/PrepCom Report_E_20120307.pdf

Now you can get information straight from the horse's mouth instead of its ass.

I stopped watching the OP video shortly after Hillary started talking. She plainly was not talking about the UN Treaty.
She is talking about banning guns.

Frightening.

Fuck the treason obama signs this shit and the senate ratifies it. they are the traitors.

Not traitors but still opening the door to excessive litigation; there is no way around the fact the treaty impacts the property rights of firearm manufacturers.

Frightening.

Not traitors but still opening the door to excessive litigation; there is no way around the fact the treaty impacts the property rights of firearm manufacturers.

The best way to take someones rights away is to do it one step`at a time Clinton's gun ban was test run for America to see how people would react.

I've read it, I'm against it, and if they think they're going to get a list of my weapons they need to think again.

Safefamilygunguide.jpg

It will not impact individual ownership; HOWEVER, it will open up big time litigation from the gun lobby. Thus, it is perhaps best the firearms death industry will see it doesn't make it through the Senate. The contradiction between Bush & the NRA is interesting, Bush spoke of NATIONAL controls, which amounts to the same thing: many, many lawsuits.
I think you were also one of the idiots that thought obamacare wasn't a tax even though you were told, and it was ruled a tax.

I do not believe I posted any such thing, your poor memory may prohibit YOU from handling firearms in an appropriate manner.:lol:

I do not believe I posted any such thing, your poor memory may prohibit YOU from handling firearms in an appropriate manner.:lol:

Sure you weren't, but ok.:eusa_whistle:

Total Pubcrappe, for total dupes/morons/haters ONLY.

snopes.com: Small Arms Treaty

Dumb ass the treaty is supposed to be signed by obama on July 27 2012. What does a snoopes link have anything to do with July 27 2012?

Snopes explains the treaty, which, as I have written, encroaches on 2nd Amendment rights.* It also could create a nightmare for businesses that manufacture & sell firearms. You...uh..missed that post it appears.

*In my opinion.

Frightening.

Is the manufacturer the only one violated? I feel pretty taken back lol think its a scare tactic from Obama and UN buddies? this guy thought he would have a super majority and communize us? Am I right on?
I'm pissed
:lol: Senate ratification - no way?

Snopes barely scratches the surface of this horrible treaty. They've tried to polish a turd, and failed.

Is the manufacturer the only one violated? I feel pretty taken back lol think its a scare tactic from Obama and UN buddies? this guy thought he would have a super majority and communize us? Am I right on?
I'm pissed
:lol: Senate ratification - no way?

Senate ratification? Look for them to try it during the lame duck session.

You want another UN Treaty to worry about? Check out the LOST treaty... :mad:

Forum List

Back