Obama to Meet With Seals. Question -----

If I had devoted my career to conducting clandestine operations like this, I would be grateful that the single person who could give that order, in the face of great danger, gave the order, ensured I had the materials I needed, and oversaw the operation to a successful conclusion.

I'd also be glad that my unit was the unit picked. There were other units that could have been tapped to do this.

If I didn't respect the President before (regardless of who he was), I would now.

He allowed me to do my job, which was a huge risk for me and him.

(Again, I am speaking hypothetically. I was never a special operations guy).

No...most military members do care! They're just too polite to speak out about it. My son who is training with special forces right now had alot to say when they only got half paychecks when the govt shut down! Yes, they're professionals, but play around with their paychecks when they have families to support, you'll hear about it! According to my son, there's not alot of respect for obama in his crowd...
The government didn't shut down and there were no pay cuts.

btw....loose lips sink ships.

stfu

You have to wonder why her son was the only one that got a half paycheck. That happens after Capt's Mast if one gets busted and their pay is docked tho. :eusa_whistle:

You people ARE truly stupid! For the record...my son was not the only one that got half a check, it happened to all of them! Yes, they eventually got their money, but because of the govt shuting down (it did a for very short time!) they only issued 1/2 paychecks. People were PISSED and had every right to be. They should be the LAST to not get paid when anything like this happens. What idiots.....

what a load of bull hockey. MOST military members couldn't care less what party the POTUS is from because in reality in just didn't affect them, and they are professional enough to make sure it stayed that way.

No...most military members do care! They're just too polite to speak out about it. My son who is training with special forces right now had alot to say when they only got half paychecks when the govt shut down! Yes, they're professionals, but play around with their paychecks when they have families to support, you'll hear about it! According to my son, there's not alot of respect for obama in his crowd...

stfu

Oh....did i give away some secret information here????? I don't think so....

stfu

Oh....did i give away some secret information here????? I don't think so....
Doesn't matter. You are spreading lies.

I doubt they'll care whether the President is a Democrat or a Republican. He is their Commander in Chief. It is right for him to go and high five them.

You never cease to be a moron. At least you are consistent.

I never thought of Jimmy Carter as my Commander In Chief. He was a blithering idiot.

I saw Bill Clinton as an adultering, lying, impeached hillbilly piece of White Trash.

Respect is earned - dumb fuck.

High five that.
I doubt you've ever had anyone's respect.

What did you do in the military, clean toilets?

is that what he's saying? that he was military?

:rofl:

actually, given you're lying about the government shut-down, i figure everything else you're saying is a lie, too.

the shutdown was averted one hour before it was supposed to occur at 11:00 pm, on Friday night, April 8, 2011.

Government shutdown 2011 avoided with 11th-hour budget deal - CSMonitor.com

No member of the military received half pay because of anything done by congress. but if you're worried about government shut-downs, feel free to write your "republican" congress member since the tea loons were the ones all in a huff because they didn't get to shut it down and their leadership caved.

stfu

You have to wonder why her son was the only one that got a half paycheck. That happens after Capt's Mast if one gets busted and their pay is docked tho. :eusa_whistle:

You people ARE truly stupid! For the record...my son was not the only one that got half a check, it happened to all of them! Yes, they eventually got their money, but because of the govt shuting down (it did a for very short time!) they only issued 1/2 paychecks. People were PISSED and had every right to be. They should be the LAST to not get paid when anything like this happens. What idiots.....

How odd that we have not heard from anyone else getting a half paycheck. I am willing to concede and apologize.....with proof.

actually, given you're lying about the government shut-down, i figure everything else you're saying is a lie, too.

the shutdown was averted one hour before it was supposed to occur at 11:00 pm, on Friday night, April 8, 2011.

No member of the military received half pay because of anything done by congress. but if you're worried about government shut-downs, feel free to write your "republican" congress member since the tea loons were the ones all in a huff because they didn't get to shut it down and their leadership caved.
I would like to make a further point. The military does NOT get paid on the 8th so even a one day shut down would not have affected them....The military gets paid on the 1st and the 15th....or as we say, the Eagle shits on the 1st and 15th. (Retired get our checks around the 1st)

Alright, if that's true (about the shutdown being averted), i do apologize, i will admit when i know i'm wrong - but, my daughter in law and others they're friends (in the military) with went on facebook and were talking about their paychecks at that time were only half what they should have been and were really worried how they were going to pay their bills, they wondered if they would even get their next paycheck...so before the govt was even "going to" shut down, the military had already been screwed out of some of their money. No matter what you think, it DID happen. They did eventually get it all, but it is NOT a lie.
It was the republicans AND democrats in congress that were at fault...not just one or the other. I'm not a republican (or a democrat)...I'm a conservative. So they are not "my" republicans.

Sorry - i have to add something to this...you mentioned the dates they get paid. I know this, but they get statements (i believe on line) that they can go to to see how much their checks will be and every one of the were cut in half. That's what they ended up getting too, just got the rest of it on their next payday.

Last edited:
Do they want to meet with him?

Having served over 20 years in the Nav., I can honestly attest - the WORST years for me in the military were under Carter and Clinton. Dems "loathe" the military.... and we know it (look at upcoming defense budget cuts on the table).

Yeah - they'll be polite, shake hands, etc.

But honestly - they'd be happier if GWB was making the visit/presenting the awards.

If you've never served, I don't expect you to understand, so please disregard and go on believing these guys have respect for BHO.
I have to agree with Joe Alphabet on this one.

I have several relatives who are currently in the service.

And they all hate serving under democratic presidents. :doubt:

I come from a military family, where almost everybody (and all the vets) are democrats. I'm actually one of the few that's not.

Last edited:

Having served over 20 years in the Nav., I can honestly attest - the WORST years for me in the military were under Carter and Clinton. Dems "loathe" the military.... and we know it (look at upcoming defense budget cuts on the table).

But honestly - they'd be happier if GWB was making the visit/presenting the awards.

If you've never served, I don't expect you to understand, so please disregard and go on believing these guys have respect for BHO.

Well I did 20 years "nav" as well and you dont fucking speak for me. "they'd be happier if BWB was making the visits? You have a link or is this your hacky ass just speaking. You are fucking speaking for the entire military?

Really? I remember the first time I realized we were going to war against the wrong country and felt really really bad because I knew there was nothing I could say or do. He was my commander and chief and we all followed orders.

I look back and damn I am glad Obama is in office and I only wish I had the opportunity to serve with the man who got retaliation for 9/11 vice serving under a man who fucking attacked Iraq...!!

I think they would much rather have met with George W. Bush. There was a president whom they respected because they all had the same mission and their heart was in it. It was a combined effort...all loyal Americans with one goal in common. :)

If I had devoted my career to conducting clandestine operations like this, I would be grateful that the single person who could give that order, in the face of great danger, gave the order, ensured I had the materials I needed, and oversaw the operation to a successful conclusion.

I'd also be glad that my unit was the unit picked. There were other units that could have been tapped to do this.

If I didn't respect the President before (regardless of who he was), I would now.

He allowed me to do my job, which was a huge risk for me and him.

(Again, I am speaking hypothetically. I was never a special operations guy).

These guys are at the top of the world...

Being congratulated by the leader of the free world means something

I would like to make a further point. The military does NOT get paid on the 8th so even a one day shut down would not have affected them....The military gets paid on the 1st and the 15th....or as we say, the Eagle shits on the 1st and 15th. (Retired get our checks around the 1st)

mypay rules!

I think they would much rather have met with George W. Bush. There was a president whom they respected because they all had the same mission and their heart was in it. It was a combined effort...all loyal Americans with one goal in common. :)

The mission actually got accomplished this time. Righty.

stfu

OH my god...your son only got half pay when the government shut down?

There are so many things wrong with that, its hard to begin. Who is the bigger liar, you or your son?

No wait, I get it, this is a joke. Good one!!!!:clap2: If this is not a joke, you have ZERO credibility and the irony of you saying the words "what idiots" will be lost on you. This is not a right or wrong I made a mistake situation, this is either you are a liar or not.

Last edited:
Is there any chance of people lightening up a bit with the 'I served, so I know what the whole military thinks/is like' rhetoric? Your service is appreciated and you have a much better understanding of military life than I do as a civilian, but serving does not give you some automatic insight into the minds of all of the more than a million members of the US armed forces.

I'm not singling anyone out, I've seen it from multiple posters in this and other threads.

There are so many things wrong with that, its hard to begin. Who is the bigger liar, you or your son?

No wait, I get it, this is a joke. Good one!!!!:clap2: If this is not a joke, you have ZERO credibility and the irony of you saying the words "what idiots" will be lost on you. This is not a right or wrong I made a mistake situation, this is either you are a liar or not.
:lol: Whatever. Her son probably made her feel sorry for him and she sent him money. It really isn't her fault that she's so gullible.

No wait, I get it, this is a joke. Good one!!!!:clap2: If this is not a joke, you have ZERO credibility and the irony of you saying the words "what idiots" will be lost on you. This is not a right or wrong I made a mistake situation, this is either you are a liar or not.[/qulote]:lol: Whatever. Her son probably made her feel sorry for him and she sent him money. It really isn't her fault that she's so gullible.

I've tried to explain everything...i can't believe how bitchy people can be and won't even TRY to understand what i'm saying. Read my last post...i admited at the being wrong about the shut down. The issue with the military pay was not wrong...but it won't matter unless someone comes on here and verifies what i said. Sorry for bothering all of you....

stfu

Maybe it was in a different "time zone".

Forum List

Back